• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Who has a Ben Nanonote in 2018? And still uses it?  (Read 22958 times)

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
Who has a Ben Nanonote in 2018? And still uses it?
« on: August 27, 2018, 05:52:58 am »
Does anyone actually have a Ben Nanonote apart from myself? I thought 1000+ units were sold, who has one?

I still use mine, I find it quite a nice little machine and the keyboard is great.

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: Who has a Ben Nanonote in 2018? And still uses it?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 01:57:43 pm »
I wish I had one, I'd be able to update the upstream Linux kernel. The Ben Nanonote support is in a terrible state right now, and it's getting into my way for upstreaming other JZ SoCs.

gameblabla

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:32:03 pm »
Upstream kernel support would be very nice for this small laptop...
But to be fair, i don't know what you could do with it apart from maybe Apple II+ emulation of course given it's less than stellar SoC...
I tried looking for one (for curiosity) but it seems that they are even rarer than Dingoos.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 01:52:08 am »
It's actually pretty good for emulation, I've ported a whole lot of stuff to it... dosbox, temper (pc engine), mame4all, nethack, rogue and sms_sdl (sega master), castaway (atari st) to name a few.
The keyboard on it is nice for emulating computers, such as dosbox. Controls are okay for arcade stuff, not brilliant, but pretty good. The battery life, like all jz47xx device is amazingly good.

Any yeah, they are super rare. I bought mine originally from eBay many years ago - was lucky enough to find one after they were released.

I wish someone would release an updated version of this with a jz4770 inside! Would be very nice!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:40:21 am by slaanesh »

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 11:51:42 am »
I still have one in its box. I used to be active in using it (did some minor dev work as well), but since the advent of more sophisticated smartphones (and the 3DS), it's sadly not seen much use aside from as a curiosity to show off to friends every once in a while ("Look at this tiny Linux computer I have!").

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 07:16:28 am »
I still have one in its box. I used to be active in using it (did some minor dev work as well), but since the advent of more sophisticated smartphones (and the 3DS), it's sadly not seen much use aside from as a curiosity to show off to friends every once in a while ("Look at this tiny Linux computer I have!").

You want to sell it to @pcercuei ? :)

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 12:14:15 am »
Hi, im looking for buy one... If anyone want sell we can talk

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk
- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

RankXeroxZ

• retrogaming/open handhelds
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 02:08:36 pm »
hi guys, i still have 2 of them and don't use them.
they're complete in box and in very good shape.

I originally bought them to write an article on a french forum and photos are still visible above but i think i can't give the link here. (?)

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »
hi guys, i still have 2 of them and don't use them.
they're complete in box and in very good shape.

I originally bought them to write an article on a french forum and photos are still visible above but i think i can't give the link here. (?)

It is fine to link them here. But perhaps hotlinking won't work.

RankXeroxZ

• retrogaming/open handhelds
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 07:16:05 pm »
ok Surkow, thx. ;)

here it is: http://www.open-consoles-news.fr/2016/02/les-reviews-retrogaming-le-ben-nanonote.html

i kept them in a box since 'm done with the article, if needed i will test them and post pics too. see u, bye.

Post a new topic