Author Topic: Changes August 17th/18th 2017  (Read 944 times)

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
Changes August 17th/18th 2017
« on: August 18, 2017, 02:48:14 pm »
You may have noticed some small changes to the site:

• We're now using HTTPS
  • For your first visit in a session, there is a donate message
  • The styles have been tidied up a bit...

Some pages might say the page in insecure still. This is usually because an image (avatars or embeds in posts) are hosted somewhere else that isn't using HTTPS. I can't do much about that.

There was a blip in the past day where some pages with forms wouldn't post, this should be fixed now!

I'm using Cloudflare for HTTPS, and with Cloudflare we also get some speed/performance improvements. So that's pretty awesome.

I've introduced a new "Virtual Reality" section on the site. The cost of proper VR is really coming down these days, and there are a lot of interesting devices coming out of China to facilitate this. So feel free to jump on the discussion in the Virtual Reality board.

Thanks to those that have donated already since the message went live. The new dedicated hosting for Dingoonity costs a lot more than the previous hosting. I'm able to cover much of this myself, but every donation helps a lot.

If you use Dingoonity daily and you want to see this community stick around for the foreseeable, then please consider donating today.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
Re: Changes August 17th/18th 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:14:13 pm »
Maybe owners of this site should look into redesigning the site to make more off of ad banners, etc... just a thought. Simply having 2 ad banners... top/bottom isn't going to work with regards to generating a lot of residual income for the site.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:16:33 pm »
Also, a heads up... the heart-shaped DONATE button at the top of the site does NOT work... nothing loads to place a donation.

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
Maybe owners of this site should look into redesigning the site to make more off of ad banners, etc... just a thought. Simply having 2 ad banners... top/bottom isn't going to work with regards to generating a lot of residual income for the site.

It pains me to have even have the ad banners, and they're not at all effective, so I think adding more would just make the experience worse for the users.

Also, a heads up... the heart-shaped DONATE button at the top of the site does NOT work... nothing loads to place a donation.

Hmm it works here, it should take you to a Paypal page.

Thanks for the suggestions

Post a new topic
Post a new topic