Author Topic: XIAOMI Gaming Phone  (Read 454 times)

DroidX2 (OP)

Re: XIAOMI Gaming Phone
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 07:15:06 pm »
Well, its revealed. As expected, underwhelming. I'm able to forgive phone attachments, as long as they can remain on the phone during normal use, but this??? Only one end has buttons? Why even make it like that at all? They would have done better to ATTEMPT a slide out controller case.

On the plus side, I agree, it's priced good, especially compared to the currently flagships still in stores for hundreds more. But oh well, guess there is still hope. Maybe Razer will resurrect the Jungle Cat design and make it for their gaming Razer phone. If they did, I'd buy instantly.

:Warning-Rant below:

I don't understand this with these companies. They throw their money away making a gaming phone? When has the current crop of normal, non gaming focused devices been inadequate to run today's mobile games? Most, if not all games being made are made to suit the current mobile market, so anything else is overkill, and if you make a device that is special for gaming, why not make buttons either built in, or an attachable case that allows the phone to be used normally while still attached?

Basically, anyone wanting a gaming phone doesn't have to make it a gaming phone spec wise, just make a case for one of the current line of devices. Galaxy phones, Moto phones, LG phones, any flagship is capable of gaming at a decent level, just missing the controls.

The Razer phone, the Xiaomi, they both have excellent specs, I don't doubt that. I'd love those specs on my MotoZ2Force and combine with my MotoMod Gamepad to game with those specs, but currently, those specs aren't needed, the controls are, and the market needs to be built before building a device of this magnitude.

Gaming requires a good controller, or mouse and keyboard, touchscreen is only a substitute for a lack thereof.

R2112

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 08:11:35 pm »
Also on the subject of a similar small rant, it drives me nuts that these companies are throwing these half-hearted efforts into the ring for us and then being unimpressed with sales once they do and then not trying again. Until someone does it right and has a hit I don’t know that we’ll see anything except weird single sided controllers or underwhelming hardware. Sad state of affairs really.

lemmywinks

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 10:24:32 pm »
Also on the subject of a similar small rant, it drives me nuts that these companies are throwing these half-hearted efforts into the ring for us and then being unimpressed with sales once they do and then not trying again. Until someone does it right and has a hit I don’t know that we’ll see anything except weird single sided controllers or underwhelming hardware. Sad state of affairs really.

Totally agree. A conventionally shaped phone with a Snes layout would be fine. Doesn't need analogue sticks, doesn't need to look like RBG Razer/Alienware tacky pseudo-gaming crap - just a half decent phone with controls. Can't be that difficult can it?
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

vcoleiro1

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 09:04:38 am »
I agree to be called a gaming phone it needs inbuilt controls.  Probably in a slider design like the Bladepad below

That said, I understand why Xiaomi did what they did.  The BlackShark is for the Chinese market.  MOBA games are huge there.  And they require a stick and screen to use.  The Blackshark controller attachement is 100% aimed at MOBA gamers in China.

SONY

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 11:37:59 am »
I think 99% of the members here on Dingoonity don't seem to understand that all these shitty phone/gaming phone ideas are thought up by non-gamers or people who don't/never play home console/handhelds.
Also, with the exception of GPD...don't put your faith in Chinese electronics companies.
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

Post a new topic