Author Topic: Snail Mobile i7  (Read 7320 times)

LordDavon

Re: Snail Mobile i7
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:22 am »

No sd card is a bummer. Sometimes the second sim doubles as an sd card reader.

Just got my youngest daughter a Leeco Le S3, which can't use the second SIM as an SD Card reader either.  Bugged me, since I read a review that said it could... then read a bunch that it couldn't after.  I'm okay, since it was just over $100.  Really nice for the price too.

montie1965

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:13 pm »
Give me a day or two and I'll try and do another video.
I'll try and make it less crappy than the other one...
I'll throw in some bench tests etc....

Faust

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »
It's a bit weird, I have the Much I5S, but I have access to a micro sd slot. What's the point to remove the micro sd card slot.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:33:28 pm by Faust »

montie1965

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2017, 05:35:09 pm »
Of course having more memory is always better... but you can still live with 64GB its not a deal breaker for me.
4 GB of ram is also plenty enough , its an android device not a win 10 device...

I did own a Much G2 phone awhile back , and that also had a SD card slot.

siegel17701

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2017, 10:05:34 pm »
Of course having more memory is always better... but you can still live with 64GB its not a deal breaker for me.
4 GB of ram is also plenty enough , its an android device not a win 10 device...

I did own a Much G2 phone awhile back , and that also had a SD card slot.
You can live with 64gb . I have 256GB on my current phone and could use more!

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

montie1965

« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2017, 01:47:21 am »
Slight less crappy review is up (it's still crappy in my mind)
The video / sound quality is poor. (i was having trouble with my little cheap fake chinese go pro camera)

https://youtu.be/pWTr8ylB2eQ

The intro was videoed from the i7 phone (so you can see the video quality)
Took back cover off so you can see only 2 sim card slots (no sd card slot)
talked about joysticks and buttons. (forgot to mention that theres no start , select or L2 , R2 buttons)(I've got them mapped on the screen when needed)
Talking about mapping you might have noticed me moving a MOQI icon on the screen around. Thats the phone button mapping app. it turns on with every app you use. (I haven't played around with it much yet. And it looks alot more
complex than the previous button mapping apps I've used in the past.)(Also I haven't figured a way to turn it off)
Next I ran some bench tests
Aida64
Antutu
and Geekbench 4

Hopefully you might have found some useful or interesting information in this clip....

p.s. that voice really does not sound like me on the video clip...

DroidX2

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2017, 03:32:32 pm »
Slight less crappy review is up (it's still crappy in my mind)
The video / sound quality is poor. (i was having trouble with my little cheap fake chinese go pro camera)

https://youtu.be/pWTr8ylB2eQ

The intro was videoed from the i7 phone (so you can see the video quality)
Took back cover off so you can see only 2 sim card slots (no sd card slot)
talked about joysticks and buttons. (forgot to mention that theres no start , select or L2 , R2 buttons)(I've got them mapped on the screen when needed)
Talking about mapping you might have noticed me moving a MOQI icon on the screen around. Thats the phone button mapping app. it turns on with every app you use. (I haven't played around with it much yet. And it looks alot more
complex than the previous button mapping apps I've used in the past.)(Also I haven't figured a way to turn it off)
Next I ran some bench tests
Aida64
Antutu
and Geekbench 4

Hopefully you might have found some useful or interesting information in this clip....

p.s. that voice really does not sound like me on the video clip...

Thanks for the vid Montie! The video quality was pretty good considering it was recorded from the i7. Seems to be a good device. Also, as with the older Much devices, there should be an option to hide the Button mapper icon in SETTINGS - PERSONALIZATION.

Also, root could probably be achieved using King Root or something like that, but that up to you if you want to go that route.

Overall, the device looks great and performs great, as expected. My only gripe is still the fact of the LTE band support. With only 4 bands, there's no way I could use it here in the US.

Really weird they went with no expandable SD Card slot. Very odd considering a gaming phone if anything would require the most storage. Not exactly a deal breaker, but otherwise odd. Well, at least it doesn't have the SD Card issue the W3D Had, lol! Can't fix it, eliminate it, lol!

Anyway, hopefully they still plan to release the western model, but I'm sure patents will prevent it from being domesticated.

montie1965

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2017, 09:26:39 am »
I had a look in settings but no PERSONALIZATION . But there was a MOQI customization and I've turned everything there off. (icon is still there)
I've got KING ROOT app already but I'm not game enough to run it , just incase it turns my phone into a brick. I'll let someone else be the guinea pig...
I had checked the Australian LTE band support before I had brought the phone.
Yes it is weird that doesn't no SD card slot. (I think there will be another i7 phone with more ram / memory in the future)

I do like this phone (it just feels like a slightly larger ps vita in my hands)
I think in a year or two the i8 or i9 might loook like the nintendo switch. (the chinese like to copy others designs)

DroidX2

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »
I had a look in settings but no PERSONALIZATION . But there was a MOQI customization and I've turned everything there off. (icon is still there)
I've got KING ROOT app already but I'm not game enough to run it , just incase it turns my phone into a brick. I'll let someone else be the guinea pig...
I had checked the Australian LTE band support before I had brought the phone.
Yes it is weird that doesn't no SD card slot. (I think there will be another i7 phone with more ram / memory in the future)

I do like this phone (it just feels like a slightly larger ps vita in my hands)
I think in a year or two the i8 or i9 might loook like the nintendo switch. (the chinese like to copy others designs)

Interesting. There should be something there to hide it. Might just be dug deep in settings some where. I envy that phone. It has a button mapper, so you can play the games that don't have controller compatibility, like Shadow Fight 2 or Sonic All Stars racing. I even tried installing the W3D button mapper to my phone to see if it would operate, lol!

Which LTE bands does it run on? Last i checked, the band support was the same as the W3D, which is really the only reason I sold it, because I was unable to use it as a phone properly. Last in checked, the I7 supported LTE 1, 3, 7, 17, 25, and I think 39, 40, and 42? not too sure about the last 4.

montie1965

« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:16 am »
I'm sure your right , there must be a way to turn off the MOQI icon from the screen (I just haven't figured it out yet)
I haven't used  the phone mapper yet. It does look very complicated compaired to my old much g2 phone , which was very simple to use. (when I can find some time I'll try and play with it)

From where I brought the phone from the phone frequencys where:
2G:GSM 850/900/1800/1900
3G:WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
4G:FDD LTE 700/1800/2100/2600

Here in Australia I'm with Virgin which uses the Opus mobile towers. Some of the above frequencys does work on the Opus towers.

BlazingSoul

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2017, 04:10:12 pm »
So this thing has no L2/R2 triggers?

siegel17701

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:47 pm »
So this thing has no L2/R2 triggers?
No L2L3 R2R3 Start or Select

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

SephirothX2004

« Reply #102 on: Today at 06:47:19 am »
I got my i7 a few days ago here in Australia and i am pretty sure i don't like it. :-\
I knew it wasn't going to be on the level of my shield portable or jxd singularity in terms of power but i at least expected it to out perform my snail w1.

I can't play things like Robert Broglia's nes or snes emulators or even street fighter 3 on retroarch without stuttering and skipping.

They all ran great on the good old snail w1.

I can't play F-Zero 64 and Smash Bros. on this thing because they perform horribly and even though they didn't run perfectly on the snail w1 they were at least payable to me on it.

Maybe i'm missing something like some sort of performance option or the emulators aren't configured right but i'm no noob when it comes to running my emulators.

I have to confirm that like montie1965 said there is no micro sd card slot or compartment.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:51:42 am by SephirothX2004 »

SONY

« Reply #103 on: Today at 11:23:05 am »
@SephirothX2004

Also, pm sent :)
« Last Edit: Today at 11:25:01 am by SONY »
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD