• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Snail Mobile i7  (Read 41384 times)

BlazingSoul

Re: Snail Mobile i7
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2017, 04:10:12 pm »
So this thing has no L2/R2 triggers?
Discord: SorasShoes
PSN: Aneudi_PR

siegel17701

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:47 pm »
So this thing has no L2/R2 triggers?
No L2L3 R2R3 Start or Select

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

SephirothX2004

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2017, 06:47:19 am »
I got my i7 a few days ago here in Australia and i am pretty sure i don't like it. :-\
I knew it wasn't going to be on the level of my shield portable or jxd singularity in terms of power but i at least expected it to out perform my snail w1.

I can't play things like Robert Broglia's nes or snes emulators or even street fighter 3 on retroarch without stuttering and skipping.

They all ran great on the good old snail w1.

I can't play F-Zero 64 and Smash Bros. on this thing because they perform horribly and even though they didn't run perfectly on the snail w1 they were at least payable to me on it.

Maybe i'm missing something like some sort of performance option or the emulators aren't configured right but i'm no noob when it comes to running my emulators.

I have to confirm that like montie1965 said there is no micro sd card slot or compartment.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:51:42 am by SephirothX2004 »

SONY

• !
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:05 am »
@SephirothX2004

Also, pm sent :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:25:01 am by SONY »
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

siegel17701

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2017, 04:45:25 pm »
I got my i7 a few days ago here in Australia and i am pretty sure i don't like it. :-\
I knew it wasn't going to be on the level of my shield portable or jxd singularity in terms of power but i at least expected it to out perform my snail w1.

I can't play things like Robert Broglia's nes or snes emulators or even street fighter 3 on retroarch without stuttering and skipping.

I can't play F-Zero 64 and Smash Bros. on this thing because they perform horribly and even though they didn't run perfectly on the snail w1 they were at least payable to me on it.

Maybe i'm missing something like some sort of performance option or the emulators aren't configured right but i'm no noob when it comes to running my emulators.

I have to confirm that like montie1965 said there is no micro sd card slot or compartment.
So if i want strictly a handheld device i should just find the W1. What about the W3D?

montie1965

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2017, 10:56:18 am »

I agree that it's not up to a current Tegra SoC power. But I thought that any current android phone now would run nes or snes emulators well .(maybe I'm wrong).(retroarch has nearly a dozen versions of snes , so I thought something would have worked ok)
I never owned a W1 or W3D , but I still own a Shield portable. It has good power and great controls , but the screen is too small now for my aging eyes. (and its not a phone)
I also agree it's not the perfect system if people are looking for somethings that runs games at full frames per second.
But for me and the games I play (tactical/rpg games) it doesn't have to be full frames.
By the way some of the games I've tested (i.e. real racing 3 , demolition derby 2 etc) find the i7 controls automatically.

DroidX2

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2017, 04:48:58 pm »
I can take a guess and say that the Snail I7 is a mixed bag. Basically, a gaming phone in its own right. It has some compromises due to the target market. If they go Snapdragon or Tegra, the price would be too high to sell without subsidies or finance deals, so they went with the strongest chip that hit the price point, about the price of a new gaming console.

If they would have went with an older Tegra or Snapdragon, they would have probably gotten backlash for going with an under-powered device, but I think for the sake of the fact it is a gaming phone, Snapdragon and Adreno, even an older version would have probably been a better option.

As far as emulators, there must be something running in the background causing the slowdown. Try reinstalling the apps, and starting with default settings. For the Snail W1 and W3D, I used apps right out the Playstore and they worked great. I'd say at about 93 to 97%, but it wasn't an issue for me. It's a 64bit system, so if you haven't, please try Dolphin emulator for Gamecube and Wii emulation.

Also, for those with the Snail I7, Are any of you able to upload the Key Mapper from the system? I don't think there is a root method available yet, so probably not, but if anyone is able to, it'd be much appreciated. Got 5 bucks paypal for ya! Thanks!

montie1965

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2017, 01:00:56 am »
I don't know how to pass on the key mapper. but here's an explanation of it.

http://bbs.snail.com/thread-73231-1-1.html

SONY

• !
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2017, 03:03:01 am »
@montie1965

PM sent
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

SephirothX2004

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2017, 05:51:33 am »
So if i want strictly a handheld device i should just find the W1. What about the W3D?
Sadly i never had the W3D even though i really wanted one and it seems pretty hard to find now.

I agree that it's not up to a current Tegra SoC power. But I thought that any current android phone now would run nes or snes emulators well .(maybe I'm wrong).(retroarch has nearly a dozen versions of snes , so I thought something would have worked ok)
I never owned a W1 or W3D , but I still own a Shield portable. It has good power and great controls , but the screen is too small now for my aging eyes. (and its not a phone)
I also agree it's not the perfect system if people are looking for somethings that runs games at full frames per second.
But for me and the games I play (tactical/rpg games) it doesn't have to be full frames.
By the way some of the games I've tested (i.e. real racing 3 , demolition derby 2 etc) find the i7 controls automatically.
Retroarch actually seems to run things ok for the most part like the NES and SNES with a little hiccup in frame rate here and there but the input doesn't register the soft key back button for exiting which is bad for a device with hardly any physical buttons.
The soft key back button works with other emulators though just not Retroarch.

I am starting to slowly warm up to this device now as i have gotten Mupen64FZ Edition to run games at a satisfactory pace for me yet things like Retroarch's various Final Burn Alpha cores still have the odd frame rate skip here and there too when playing games like 1944 and Street Fighter 3 which is bad to me as arcade games are my favorite.

I have never tried any android games yet so i'll let you guys know how they go when i do.

I can take a guess and say that the Snail I7 is a mixed bag. Basically, a gaming phone in its own right. It has some compromises due to the target market. If they go Snapdragon or Tegra, the price would be too high to sell without subsidies or finance deals, so they went with the strongest chip that hit the price point, about the price of a new gaming console.

If they would have went with an older Tegra or Snapdragon, they would have probably gotten backlash for going with an under-powered device, but I think for the sake of the fact it is a gaming phone, Snapdragon and Adreno, even an older version would have probably been a better option.

As far as emulators, there must be something running in the background causing the slowdown. Try reinstalling the apps, and starting with default settings. For the Snail W1 and W3D, I used apps right out the Playstore and they worked great. I'd say at about 93 to 97%, but it wasn't an issue for me. It's a 64bit system, so if you haven't, please try Dolphin emulator for Gamecube and Wii emulation.

Also, for those with the Snail I7, Are any of you able to upload the Key Mapper from the system? I don't think there is a root method available yet, so probably not, but if anyone is able to, it'd be much appreciated. Got 5 bucks paypal for ya! Thanks!
The price is already too high if you ask me (AUD-$537.49 all up included shipping fee's).
There probably is something running in the background affecting this things performance but i haven't had a proper look yet.
I have tried rooting the device but i can't seem to do so yet.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:55:09 am by SephirothX2004 »

montie1965

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2017, 06:09:17 am »
I'm glad your starting to warm up to it.
I paid  490 australian dollars total. (i guess it depends on the value of our dollar at the time)
I'm surely missing my favorite playstation one emulator (Fpse). No google play sometimes sucks...
All the old versions of Fpse I've got don't seem to work...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:55:20 am by montie1965 »

siegel17701

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2017, 06:55:39 am »
I'm glad your staring to warm up to it.
I paid  490 australian dollars total. (i guess it depends on the value of our dollar at the time)
I'm surely missing my favorite playstation one emulator (Fpse). No google play sometimes sucks...
Do you have the GPD XD, if so can you compare it?

montie1965

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:47 am »
Sorry I don't.
I only have a gpd win.

DroidX2

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2017, 04:44:26 pm »
I don't know how to pass on the key mapper. but here's an explanation of it.

http://bbs.snail.com/thread-73231-1-1.html

I see. It seems to be a little more robust than the previous ones. The reason I need it is because I want to try it on the Moto Z2Force to see if it will allow me to map the controller buttons without root. I tried the older mappers, they install, but don't activate. I'm pretty sure this one won't work either, but willing to try since all other touch screen button mappers require root access.

erikamey

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »
Since feeling the W3D and the nice dpad, I was interested in the i7 but it looks like it doesn't support any TMo LTE bands.

DroidX2

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2017, 03:56:26 pm »
Since feeling the W3D and the nice dpad, I was interested in the i7 but it looks like it doesn't support any TMo LTE bands.

Yeah, Network support has been my dilemma with all the Snail devices. With both the 78P01 and the W3D. They worked ok for a while, but when AT&T started making changes, the devices stopped connecting. Still don't know why though.

DroidX2

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2017, 04:05:34 pm »
I'm glad your starting to warm up to it.

Montie, if you have another android device, you could place your google account on that device, purchase and install fpse, root that device and copy the fpse apk from it and transfer to the I7, from there, you should be able to install the most updated version.

You could do that for paid apps, and any free apps you could get from sites like apkmirror.com. There are 3rd party stores, but be Very cautious.

montie1965

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2017, 04:40:45 am »
Thanks for the advice. But all the newer versions of Fpse have ( some sort of copy protection)
The last version that didn't was v11.11 (if I remember correctly)And that didn't work on the i7.
The newer version did work but every few seconds kept coming up with a unregistered warning.
I do offically own Fpse on other devices.
Anyway ePSXe and PCSX ReARMed seem to work ok .
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:24:15 am by montie1965 »

siegel17701

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2017, 08:19:25 pm »
Any updates on the 128gb version?

GSDGAL

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2018, 08:41:49 am »
Is anyon know how to install google apps on that snail i7?
I can't use many useful apps without it

and anyone know where can i buy glass screen protector and case for it?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 06:27:31 pm by GSDGAL »