• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Retroid Pocket 2 - Android Emulation w/ Multiplayer focus  (Read 4817 times)

lordhardware (OP)

Retroid Pocket 2 - Android Emulation w/ Multiplayer focus
« on: August 03, 2020, 03:16:24 am »
So I just bought the Retroid Pocket 2

Surprised there's not more discussion around the device given the comparitively low price point, the apparent high build quality of the original Retroid Pocket (never owned it so based off third party comments) and the ease of Multiplayer play (something none of the equivalent devices do out of the box)

Anyone else have any thoughts on this one?

stubbornpixel

Re: Retroid Pocket 2 - Android Emulation w/ Multiplayer focus
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:34:15 am »
Can't wait for my pre-order to arrive! I am super stoked that it runs android, ease of multiplayer, and the form factor. There's a dedicated sub reddit with more info at /r/retroid

ruffnutts

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 10:39:26 am »
I've bought the new 16Bit colour version, looking forward to it, its a shame its not just a bit more powerful, will be better once the update to Android 8 ;)

lordhardware (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 03:11:59 am »
Hey all, there is a pretty great community and knowledge base growing at the Retroid Discord, welcome to come join the fun!

https://discord.gg/ds6Gbbx

exorio

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:20:27 pm »
yeah I'm very interested on this device. compared to the overpriced GPD XD and its clones, at $80 this is very tempting. PSP performance is meh but still might be able to squeeze some performance in there since most reviews don't tinker with the PPSSPP settings much. I'm all good if it can run tekken 5 comfortably.

darkwesley

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 01:27:36 pm »
Hello
I had a problem with the micro SD since the purchase arrived damaged. I am missing files to make the retroid app work and I wanted to know if someone could upload the 21GB to me. I asked customer service, after 1 month still no response ...  ???

Thanks if anyone can help me.  ;)

Post a new topic