• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: My modded iplay & standby drain fix for users.  (Read 1452 times)

nielo360 (OP)

My modded iplay & standby drain fix for users.
« on: December 02, 2016, 10:08:39 am »
While waiting for the GPD win and W3D handhelds shipping to reach me Iv been spending alot more time with my iplay. This is partly because Iv gotten into shmups and my hands are too big for the GPD xd. So here it goes:

1.Dpad/buttons Easy mod
Required old ps3/ps2 controller.
A.Take out the Dpad and buttons from ps controller, Cut the buttons to shorten their length with any regular kitchen knife  as the buttons are long in length.
B.Cut the Dpad's pointy inner middle portion with a kitchen knife so as to make it flat.
C.Finally use strong thin double tape on the buttons and the dpads lower portion before sticking them on the desired areas. Done!(you can find analog caps online to fit on the sticks if you like)

2. Fix for the battery standby(note: I made changes many months ago so Im not sure what all of them do, but they work)
app required: kernel auditor

My standby time:

There are some specific button assignments I changed in the keylayout file for gamestreaming but aren't necessary at all (ie volume down=menu, back=start etc) You can make your own key assignments by editing the file "Vender_045e_Product_28e.kl" located in Root: system/usr/keylayout/

DroidX2

Re: My modded iplay & standby drain fix for users.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 03:47:18 pm »
Interesting idea! How does the d-pad work when attached like that? Seems it may be difficult for fighting games.

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:07:51 am »
Interesting idea! How does the d-pad work when attached like that? Seems it may be difficult for fighting games.

It actually works really well because it makes the dpad way more sensitive to pull of diagonals. This was originally done by many people for the psp when capcom released sf 3 alpha with the dpad cap. Im able to pull of fireballs with ease. I recommend trying it on the W3D to see if it helps.

DroidX2

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 02:36:32 pm »
Quite possibly. The D-Pad on the W3D works great, but for diagonals, it seems too small. I think it's the dimples in the D-Pad that make the diagonals harder to push. I remember someone finding some caps for the 78P01 that helped with the D-Pad.

I wonder if I can just get a D-Pad of comparable size and open the system up and replace the original. I'm sure it's not that cut and dry though.

Post a new topic