Author Topic: Linx Vision 8 Windows Tablet with built in controller available in Europe!  (Read 2611 times)

Vygor (OP)

Re: Linx Vision 8 Windows Tablet with built in controller available in Europe!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 01:09:51 am »
Looks like one could order it for North America via Amazon Uk.  Unfortunately I need more pretend money!

Charliedontsurf

Re: Linx Vision 8 Windows Tablet with built in controller available in Europe!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:36:05 am »
Good looking out, the reviews make an interesting read

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linx-Controller-x5-Z8300-Storage-Windows/dp/B0187U2M1O#customerReviews

The only one star review is this glorious wanker:

"I got this for Christmas today. As soon as I unwrapped it, I rolled my eyes in disbelief. I'm 29, not 10. What a load of rubbish. Sent it right back."

Most people have a positive impression.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:47:05 am by Charliedontsurf »
Xperia Play, Nvidia Shield
Emulation should be free and open.

shinkamui

Having owned one for a few months, I can say its a mixed bag.  If you're only planning to stream games, and play some 2d steam titles, its pretty decent.  The SoC / Ram combination makes it challenging to run some more advanced emulators.  EG gundam vs gundam next plus is one of the more demanding psp titles, and this tablet runs it at a solid 30+ fps...when its not freezing during emulation every 5 seconds for a second.  Many titles work fine on ppsspp.  Retroarch is mostly smooth, but it can't emulate newer arcade games.  The dpad is a single unit rounded concave disc, which isn't great for gaming in general.  the EFI firmware is 32bit only, and doesn't support legacy booting, so your alternate OS options are very limited.  Android support is currently 0, and the internal emmc is extremely slow at both reading and writing.  SD card support is shaky, the linx forum has some alternate drivers you can try to keep the device from disconnecting the drive every 10 or so minutes.  There is virtually no support from the manufacturer, and windows updates frequently break the tablets core functionality (the usb pogo stick case).  As a side note the gamepad case is otherwise wonderful (minus the dpad), but its also about 12" and non telescoping, so its only travel sized if you carry a large bag.  For game streaming its wonderful, the controller buttons are excellent and the analog sticks are spot on with minimal deadzones.  For the price, its a decent tablet, with a solid gaming runtime of about 4-6 hours depending on the game.  Since it wont run anything 64 bit, you're not likely going to try anything too modern anyway, but there are just some titles that wont run for no apparent reason.  Dark souls is a good example of that.  Of the 20 steam titles i tried, only a few worked, and very few ran at a good framerate.   This thing is sold as a streaming handheld, and for that its ideal.  For anything else, you should look elsewhere.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic