Author Topic: JXD s601 - Questions - Help Please.  (Read 2802 times)

exodus (OP)

JXD s601 - Questions - Help Please.
« on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:34 am »
How can we get OTG support for this? So we can hook up bluetooth devices? I would like to get a wireless controller and hook this up to a tv for the ultimate gaming machine.

How do you get to the animation files? How would you update them just unzip and then replace and rezip and copy back?

Also, new problems. Set-Cpu has stopped working, always with force close.  Angry birds and fruit ninja is also having problems now. Makes me force close.  Not sure what caused it.

**Reinstall Angry birds and now it is working ok. Maybe corrupt install. idk.

Also for some reason it is starting to crash a lot now. Every 20 minutes it freezes and goes to reboot.

Anyone have tutorials to update the battery to a bigger/longer lasting one?

Anyone have a video tutorial on putting a heatsink on the gpu & cpu?

skelton

Re: JXD s601 - Questions - Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 07:44:31 am »
As far as I know, this console doesn't support OTG.

To do a bootanimation you just have to replace the one you have created for the old one located in system/media. I donít know if it works using root explorer. I have always made the bootanimation changes reflashing a whole firmware.

If you are having a lot of freezes I recommend to do factory reset /wipe data on your machine, because that It is not normal. Are you using an Oc kernel? Maybe your system is unstable at certain speeds.
Retired

exodus (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:50:07 am »
I got the updated firmware then OC to 850mhz using EasyTools. SetCPU did work at first, but now making me force close it.

Reinstalled fruit ninja and now it is working but with ad support.

skelton

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:51:57 am »

Do you have your system rooted? Maybe you can try to uninstall SETCPU and installing it again.
Retired

exodus (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:58 am »
SetCPU came with the EasyTools update or firmware update as free. if I uninstall I have to redownload for a fee. :X - No worries. I got the emulators working.

Any info over the other questions. Battery tutorial and CPU/GPU heatsink tutorial?  Would it ever be able to get OTG support in this device?

skelton

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:13:14 am »

About heatsink I don't know. But I don't think is needed.

About OTG, I don't know, but if the systems doesn't support it, I think there is no much that can be done.
Retired

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24:28 am »
I got the updated firmware then OC to 850mhz using EasyTools. SetCPU did work at first, but now making me force close it.

Reinstalled fruit ninja and now it is working but with ad support.

Which updated firmware did you use? Did you use snesfan's version or the one straight from JXD?

skelton

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 10:05:28 am »
Another option is to wait till my custom firmware is done. I am making the last changes before I release, I expect to do it in a couple of days or so.
Retired

exodus (OP)

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 03:02:42 am »
I used the JXD firmware to flash it and then used Easy tools to overclock the CPU.

smida3

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 03:23:23 pm »
So...  just to bu sure . Thereis abolutely NO CHANCE of playing with a remote coltroller or setting up something like this : http://dx.com/p/handheld-rechargeable-bluetooth-v2-0-2-4g-mini-wireless-keyboard-with-trackpad-and-red-laser-58147 .
What a shame .
 :'(
NI !

Post a new topic
Post a new topic