Author Topic: ipega 9023 discussion: UPDATE MY FULL REVIEW, Android, MFI Ios, Gamestreming vid  (Read 87840 times)

nielo360 (OP)

UPDATE 1: This thread is for the ipega 9023, Here is my Full English video Review with iOS Mfi gaming!  Gamestreaming on Android and some thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCO7pK-uvts

UPDATE 2: Im in touch with ipega and they have been very responsive, they have said the deadzone issue only affects certain games from their testing due to incompatibilities in modes. Iv requested they investigate further so we can get it perfectly.

korean review which can be translated it is by Bujang X and he has posted some videos too:

korean review and videos: Credit to  Bujang X
http://bbs1.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/1210/read?articleId=306333&objCate1=946&bbsId=G002&itemGroupId=13&itemId=&platformId=&pageIndex=1

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:09:01 am by nielo360 »

Bujang X

Re: ipega 9023 discussion and videos thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »
Korean reviewer's name is ' Bujang X '.. It's me XD

Dkwookie

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:36:02 pm »
I have a couple on order. Going to try it out with the Xiaomi Mipad, Nvidia Shield tab and windows tablet. Only gripe is surface pro 2 probably too thick to fit in it. Surface Pro 3 and this thing would be amazing

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:03:18 am »

thanks  Bujang X, added your name to the post, would you be willing to answer some questions since its google translate doesnt work that well

1.How do you feel about the Dpad?

2.Did you try using it with windows 8 and x360ce to get analogs working? (im planning to buy dell venue 8 for steam in home streaming)

3. is the weight comfortable and does the tablet feel secure in it?

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:07:26 am »
I have a couple on order. Going to try it out with the Xiaomi Mipad, Nvidia Shield tab and windows tablet. Only gripe is surface pro 2 probably too thick to fit in it. Surface Pro 3 and this thing would be amazing

I think it would work well with the smaller tablets like venue 8 or lenovo miix 2, however we would need to find a way to make it work with x360ce so its detected as a 360 controller and also works with steam in home streaming. If any other ipega such as 9025 can work then this will.

Dkwookie

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:38:34 am »

I think it would work well with the smaller tablets like venue 8 or lenovo miix 2, however we would need to find a way to make it work with x360ce so its detected as a 360 controller and also works with steam in home streaming. If any other ipega such as 9025 can work then this will.

Yeah it needs to be recognised as a 360 pad to be really usefull on windows. I have a venue 8 pro so will try it with that. Actually thinking about it the surface pro 3 wouldn't fit as that's a 12" tab. I think xiaomi mipad is perfect tab for this pad

Bujang X

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:08 pm »

thanks  Bujang X, added your name to the post, would you be willing to answer some questions since its google translate doesnt work that well

2.Did you try using it with windows 8 and x360ce to get analogs working? (im planning to buy dell venue 8 for steam in home streaming)

1. Dpad is very sensitive but size is small like nintendo 3DS XL's Dpad.

2.1 I tested 9023 to LENOVO THINKPAD TABLET2(10" win8 tablet but my tablet had been upgraded to win8.1).
I tested my 9023 with ePSXe 1.9.0(window version PS1 emulator), SNES9X(window version SFC emulator) and 9023's buttons worked great except analog stick inputting. :(
There is no response analog stick inputting on WINDOWS :(

2.2 sorry.. I don't know about x360ce XD

3. 9023 is huge compared to PS, XBOX gamepads but very light! and 9023 has some safety catchs to fasten a tablet, so tablet is VERY VERY secured when connected with 9023.

Sorry for my poor ENG.. I'm not good at ENG XD

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 01:30:19 pm »

1. Dpad is very sensitive but size is small like nintendo 3DS XL's Dpad.

2.1 I tested 9023 to LENOVO THINKPAD TABLET2(10" win8 tablet but my tablet had been upgraded to win8.1).
I tested my 9023 with ePSXe 1.9.0(window version PS1 emulator), SNES9X(window version SFC emulator) and 9023's buttons worked great except analog stick inputting. :(
There is no response analog stick inputting on WINDOWS :(

2.2 sorry.. I don't know about x360ce XD

3. 9023 is huge compared to PS, XBOX gamepads but very light! and 9023 has some safety catchs to fasten a tablet, so tablet is VERY VERY secured when connected with 9023.

Sorry for my poor ENG.. I'm not good at ENG XD

thank you or all the info:) x360ce is a small program thay will let you use any gamepad like 360 controller it might detect ipega analogs also.

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:28 pm »

let me know x360ce work with venue 8, id buy a venue for gamestreaming then

Yeah it needs to be recognised as a 360 pad to be really usefull on windows. I have a venue 8 pro so will try it with that. Actually thinking about it the surface pro 3 wouldn't fit as that's a 12" tab. I think xiaomi mipad is perfect tab for this pad

Kekskrümel

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:23 am »
Bujang X and me have problems with the analog stick deadzone in some directions.

Some directions there is instant movement in some you need to move the stick half way before there is any movement.

In Android and Windows. If you take a look in the calibration with tincore you can see there is something wrong with the analog stick.

Looks like a faulty batch.

Send my product back because the ipega support doesnt answer.

Please report back if you have the same problem.

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 11:20:17 am »
Bujang X and me have problems with the analog stick deadzone in some directions.

Some directions there is instant movement in some you need to move the stick half way before there is any movement.

In Android and Windows. If you take a look in the calibration with tincore you can see there is something wrong with the analog stick.

Looks like a faulty batch.

Send my product back because the ipega support doesnt answer.

Please report back if you have the same problem.

Thats not good, where did you order from? were you able to fix it? it sounds like a deadzone issue. With tincore you can calabirate the sticks but if it does not move properly then you cant. It cant be a batch issue unless something is wrong in the stick (which cant happen on two controllers with exact same issue )this is a system firmware issue so every single controller in this model will have it.. great they mess up something so basic. ipega does not support any of their products, this is just made by the PEGA factory and sold as is.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:46:55 am by nielo360 »

Kekskrümel

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 12:12:29 pm »
Uk ebay store don't know the name currently.

I don't believe he ordered from korea from the same store xD so it looks like this is an general problem.

Also tried calibration with tincore, same problem.

Tried to solder the analog sticks from the 9025 from ipega into the 9023, but don't have the time, so not fixed.

Maybe the analog sticks are defect and this can fix the problem. But this is ipega'd job not mine xD

So waiting for the game grip which should get released in september (german custom service)

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »
yea its too bad, this is a dead device. what a waste , i cant even return it back since return shipping will cost $80. I will post warning.

xphyle

Re: ipega 9023 discussion and videos thread (WARNING DO NOT BUY)
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
How ironic.  I ordered this item on 8-16 from DealXtreme.  They sent me a tracking number immediately, but 10 days later, the tracking number is invalid.  I just did a live chat with them and they confirmed that there is a problem with the shipment, but couldn't give me any details.  I had to initiate a support ticket.  Waiting to hear back.  If there is a dead zone problem with the controller, I'll be happy to have them refund me instead of sending out another controller.

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 03:09:13 pm »
How ironic.  I ordered this item on 8-16 from DealXtreme.  They sent me a tracking number immediately, but 10 days later, the tracking number is invalid.  I just did a live chat with them and they confirmed that there is a problem with the shipment, but couldn't give me any details.  I had to initiate a support ticket.  Waiting to hear back.  If there is a dead zone problem with the controller, I'll be happy to have them refund me instead of sending out another controller.

I orderd from dx too they claimed they would ship via DHL so I paid expdited and they sent it via ems which is just like government slow post. I asked them to return the expdited fee and they refused saying they never gaurneteed that 100%..which is quiet shocking as they lied to me. I will never shop from them.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:11:12 pm by nielo360 »

skelton

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »
But it's clear that the problem exists in all devices? A spanish user has one of these iPega and I have only read good aspects about it, so don't know what to think.
Retired

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 03:50:24 pm »
But it's clear that the problem exists in all devices? A spanish user has one of these iPega and I have only read good aspects about it, so don't know what to think.

so far one user and the original korean reviewer both have this issue, I just wanted to warn people till we have confirmation. If possible can you ask the spanish user to check the deadzone with tincore? also from where he bought it from? sadly ipega  does not answer any questions so its up to us forum members to keep people upto date.

skelton

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:13 pm »
he bought it in ebay. He hasn't tried Tincore because he's not rooted in the shield tablet, but he says that games that android games that use analog work fine, so who knows.....
Retired

nielo360 (OP)

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »
he bought it in ebay. He hasn't tried Tincore because he's not rooted in the shield tablet, but he says that games that android games that use analog work fine, so who knows.....

yea the only other way is to use some game like mario64 on an emulator then try moving the stick slow in all directions and see if mario walks, if he walks then sticks are fine, if he runs that means something wrong with the deadzone.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 06:32:29 am »
Here's another video of the Ipega someone made. He has paired it with a Shield Tablet.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BPhnRWd6Q" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BPhnRWd6Q</a>

Post a new topic
Post a new topic