Author Topic: iBen- L1 , My quick review  (Read 40804 times)

darkcloud23

Re: iBen- L1 , My quick review
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2013, 06:12:21 am »
ill be getting an iben as soon as i can afford one. (hard to find work in my area)
let us know how it is when you get it!  :D

Hagane023

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 11:23:12 pm »
Mine has been ordered for over a month, has been delayed til the 20th. Ibsen store has said they will let me know when it sent. As soon as I get it I'll put on some videos to show performance. To be honest as long as it is stable and doesn't lose everything every now and again like the 602 I'll be happy. Just wanted a reasonably powerful tablet. Fingers still crossed.

HercTNT

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 03:11:46 am »
Mine has been ordered for over a month, has been delayed til the 20th. Ibsen store has said they will let me know when it sent. As soon as I get it I'll put on some videos to show performance. To be honest as long as it is stable and doesn't lose everything every now and again like the 602 I'll be happy. Just wanted a reasonably powerful tablet. Fingers still crossed.

Agreed. I have one on order as well. hope it gets traction within the community. My 7300b suffered complete hardware failure after starting out good. Don't wanna go through that again.  This review helped me decide on the Ibenx

pellican

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 11:30:44 am »

hello.
I ordered one too on June 27, they told me that there is still late, I can no longer wait

darkcloud23

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 07:15:06 am »
the website says 2-3 weeks. kinda scared to order from them bc of the delays they have gave you guys.

Hagane023

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:13 am »
the website says 2-3 weeks. kinda scared to order from them bc of the delays they have gave you guys.

Don't worry Gary from Iben has been brilliant, Mine has arrived today and i cannot wait to finish work, get home and try it out. I post pics and more later. :)

Hagane023

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 02:25:20 pm »
Quick first impression is it is brilliant, The screen is amazing, best quality by far, Buttons all feel very good. Sound quality is surprisingly good from the speakers. Down sides are epsxe is a system app that cannot be updated (Yet, i will when i have time have a little play around) Game centre is ok, .emus work very well. However system has multiple input types similar to yinlips devices which makes button mapping a bit complicated on some emulators. Wifi isn't bad and i'll test bluetooth later. Device does get warm but nowhere near where you hands go and it only gets warm when doing multiple tasks. So far i am very happy. Later will be n64 psp and android game tests. So far very happy. ;D

Lomax

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 03:19:05 pm »
Quick first impression is it is brilliant, The screen is amazing, best quality by far, Buttons all feel very good. Sound quality is surprisingly good from the speakers. Down sides are epsxe is a system app that cannot be updated (Yet, i will when i have time have a little play around) Game centre is ok, .emus work very well. However system has multiple input types similar to yinlips devices which makes button mapping a bit complicated on some emulators. Wifi isn't bad and i'll test bluetooth later. Device does get warm but nowhere near where you hands go and it only gets warm when doing multiple tasks. So far i am very happy. Later will be n64 psp and android game tests. So far very happy. ;D

are analogs true analogs in emulators? Or they just work as digital inputs?

darkcloud23

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2013, 01:39:40 am »

glad to hear!  ;D if possible could you do some videos? im looking very forward to owning this device.

Deen0X

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2013, 07:47:19 am »
Hi Guys!

i don?t remember if i put this (i think i created some trhead for it), but i wrote a review for this device in my blog (in spanish, use translator tool) :

http://manguiro.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/review-video-consola-tablet-iben-l1.html

there are some vids and tech info about this device.

greetings!

Hagane023

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2013, 12:17:17 pm »
Yes they are true analogs however you need to use tincore or native keymapper to get the most out of them.
Deen0X's review is completely accurate and i agree with everything he has written. But i need to add that this morning, mine got stuck on a boot loop. After 20mins of panicking, fixed it by plugging in my charger and this seemed to get it starting again even though the device was already fully charged. I have also noticed that the device generally gets warmer quicker if WIFI is on. Battery is lasting very well. I have been too busy playing around with it instead of putting any videos up about the device, but hopefully after work i might find some time. The tv out option with hdmi is very good and my ipega bluetooth controller connects to it without any difficulty, so my android stick will probably be going on ebay soon. I would definately say that it is worth it, but it is just nagging me that EpsxE won't update. I'll find a fix hopefully this weekend.

Lomax

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2013, 12:54:45 pm »
Yes they are true analogs however you need to use tincore or native keymapper to get the most out of them.

so basically a mapping tool is needed yo use analogs in emus. You cannot use natively in mupen for instance. Umm, I think I will pass this one then. Thanks for the info.

Deen0X

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »
tincore's keymapper can work with this device, but cannot give support for analog sticks.
The device need a proper joystick driver to get tincore full support this device.

for now, tincore can handle buttons, but analogs are bypassed because tincore can read them.

darkcloud23

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:21 am »
Hi Guys!

i don?t remember if i put this (i think i created some trhead for it), but i wrote a review for this device in my blog (in spanish, use translator tool) :

http://manguiro.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/review-video-consola-tablet-iben-l1.html

there are some vids and tech info about this device.

greetings!

have any of the problems that you had been fixed with the current batch of ibens?

HercTNT

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
I can't speak for others, but so my Iben works very well. I agree that the mapper needs work, but overall i'm really impressed. Its well made, has long battery life, does not feel cheap, and everything runs.

Girl

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 03:17:21 pm »
how is the iBen's dpad for fighting games ? has anyone tried ? if you test any fighting games with the dpad that would be so nice

usually handhelds like this have a dpad that aren't good for fighting games and people just end up using the left analog , but I like using dpad for fighting games so that's why I ask

from pictures it looks like the dpad would not be very good for special moves in a fighting game but hopefully I'm wrong
i'm cheating on my PSPs

jamesensor

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 04:33:31 pm »
from pictures it looks like the dpad would not be very good for special moves in a fighting game but hopefully I'm wrong

I know what you mean. The Ds lite has that sort of problem, for example. It's the diagonals (not good for special moves indeed)

I think the Much i5 seems to have a better d pad.
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

Hagane023

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 07:27:07 pm »
Dpad is great for fighting games however is bigger than standard dpads but the shoulder buttons are a little tricky to reach. The grips make The tablet easy to hold and the diagonals register very well, I love kof, sfa 1,2 and 3 as well as breakers revenge, Matrimelee etc. I will be posting videos soon but am on holiday, so just testing when I get a moment. This is a really good device. I'll post the videos by the weekend.

HercTNT

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »
Dpad is great for fighting games however is bigger than standard dpads but the shoulder buttons are a little tricky to reach. The grips make The tablet easy to hold and the diagonals register very well, I love kof, sfa 1,2 and 3 as well as breakers revenge, Matrimelee etc. I will be posting videos soon but am on holiday, so just testing when I get a moment. This is a really good device. I'll post the videos by the weekend.

Agreed. friend of mine got his today, we are setting it up and he loves it. I have had mine for two weeks without issues.

darkcloud23

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2013, 08:36:02 pm »
This is a really good device. I'll post the videos by the weekend.
be looking forward to seeing them! make sure to give us a link, mate.  8)

Post a new topic