DROID X360 SUPER SCRIPTINTRODUCTION
V0.5 - FOR ICS 4.04
This script is designed as a "one-click" modification for a stock Droid X360 running ICS 4.04. Please read this guide carefully before using. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBLITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS. You may need to perform a factory data reset as part of the script. THIS MEANS THAT ALL DATA ON THE INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE ERASED. As always, backup before use. This script is built on the work of many others much smarter than myself and be sure to check the credits.UPDATE - WHATS NEW IN VERSION 0.5:
- Statusbar patch to allow apps and emulators to run in fullscreen.
- Added upgrade from v0.4 option.
Just another quick update to include a feature I know many of you are interested in. v0.5 of the SuperScript patches the status bar and settings app to install "Smart Screen Mode". This will allow fullscreen apps and emulators to actually run in true fullscreen (temporarily removing the status bar and virtual buttons). As such, I highly recommend you remap your hardware buttons with Step 4 so that you can still close fullscreen apps easily.
Also, I have noticed that after install, the status bar is disabled by default. To fix this, On the device: Settings - Display - Screen mode - and choose your preferred mode:
- Smart Screen Mode - Allows emulators and some to run fullscreen (status bar will return on closing/minimizing the app).
- Official Screen Mode - Status bar is always displayed (default behaviour).SO WHAT DOES IT DO?
In a nutshell:
- Backs up important system files
- Removes Chinese apps, keyboards & other crap
- Disables unnecessary Android services & components
- Fixes Google Play & restores and updates Google Apps
- Touchscreen, WiFi, battery & performance tweaks
- Installs Furan's modified keypad driver
- Remaps physical buttons correctly
- Optional system UI increase (Installs Apex Launcher)
- Replaces boring boot animation
- Allows apps and emulators to run fullscreen
- Generally makes your Droid X360 more awesome
- More features to come...WHAT DO I NEED?
- A Windows PC. I have included drivers for both x86 and x64.
- A USB C (Mini USB) cable.
- To leave your fear of the unknown at the door! Everything else is
in the SUPER SCRIPT folder. INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
1. Restore your DROID X360 to stock 4.04
2. Install ADB drivers
3. Run the script (READ CAREFULLY)
4. Play some roms!
Detailed step-by-step README.TXT in the folder.DOWNLOAD
- v0.5 - Without Stock Firmware Bundled
Download firmware manually via Willgoo's link here
- "Chrome" browser appears to be missing from Google Play store.
- Status bar hidden by default. Enable "Smart screen mode" to fix.CREDITS & THANKS
==========v0.5 - 06/09/12
- Added status bar patch to allow fullscreen appsv0.4 - 28/08/12
- Added correct keypad setup and mapped hardware buttons to android functionsv0.3 - 26/08/12
- Significant tidy up of code and dependencies
- Consolidated Steps 3-5 into "Express" step
- Option to incrase system UI size
- Better touchscreen sensitivity and responsiveness
- Increased WiFi speeds
- Increased battery life
- Remaps gamepad controls to correct "gamepad" keycodes
- Removes Apex Launcher as default
- Restores File Browser app
- Updated Google Apps & patched Play Store againv0.2 - 08/08/12
- Added Apex Launcher
- Optimized Apex Launcher settings
- Removed Hi-Market
- Added option to remap MENU button
- Added upgrade from v0.1 option
- Fixed Google Play permissions issuev0.1 - 06/08/12