Author Topic: DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes  (Read 57472 times)

TehCrucible (OP)

DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:10 pm »
DROID X360 SUPER SCRIPT
BY TEHCRUCIBLE
V0.5 - FOR ICS 4.04

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6G4Ouq7Yj0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6G4Ouq7Yj0</a>

INTRODUCTION
===========

This script is designed as a "one-click" modification for a stock Droid X360 running ICS 4.04. Please read this guide carefully before using. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBLITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS. You may need to perform a factory data reset as part of the script. THIS MEANS THAT ALL DATA ON THE INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE ERASED. As always, backup before use.  This script is built on the work of many others much smarter than myself and be sure to check the credits.

UPDATE - WHATS NEW IN VERSION 0.5:

- Statusbar patch to allow apps and emulators to run in fullscreen.
- Added upgrade from v0.4 option.

Just another quick update to include a feature I know many of you are interested in.  v0.5 of the SuperScript patches the status bar and settings app to install "Smart Screen Mode".  This will allow fullscreen apps and emulators to actually run in true fullscreen (temporarily removing the status bar and virtual buttons). As such, I highly recommend you remap your hardware buttons with Step 4 so that you can still close fullscreen apps easily. 

Also, I have noticed that after install, the status bar is disabled by default.  To fix this, On the device: Settings - Display - Screen mode - and choose your preferred mode:

- Smart Screen Mode - Allows emulators and some to run fullscreen (status bar will return on closing/minimizing the app).
- Official Screen Mode - Status bar is always displayed (default behaviour).

SO WHAT DOES IT DO?
================

In a nutshell:

- Backs up important system files
- Removes Chinese apps, keyboards & other crap
- Disables unnecessary Android services & components
- Fixes Google Play & restores and updates Google Apps
- Touchscreen, WiFi, battery & performance tweaks
- Installs Furan's modified keypad driver
- Remaps physical buttons correctly
- Optional system UI increase (Installs Apex Launcher)
- Replaces boring boot animation
- Allows apps and emulators to run fullscreen
- Generally makes your Droid X360 more awesome :)
- More features to come...

WHAT DO I NEED?
=============

- A Windows PC. I have included drivers for both x86 and x64.
- A USB C (Mini USB) cable.
- To leave your fear of the unknown at the door! Everything else is
in the SUPER SCRIPT folder. ;)

INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
==================

1. Restore your DROID X360 to stock 4.04
2. Install ADB drivers
3. Run the script (READ CAREFULLY)
4. Play some roms!

Detailed step-by-step README.TXT in the folder.

DOWNLOAD
=========

HERE - v0.5 - Without Stock Firmware Bundled

Download firmware manually via Willgoo's link here.

KNOWN ISSUES
===========

- "Chrome" browser appears to be missing from Google Play store.
- Status bar hidden by default. Enable "Smart screen mode" to fix.

CREDITS & THANKS
==============

Willgoo      @Dingoonity
Furan
Deen0X

fatesausage   @Slatedroid
Moorthy
Bondo2
Ivanz

CHANGELOG
==========

v0.5 - 06/09/12
- Added status bar patch to allow fullscreen apps

v0.4 - 28/08/12
- Added correct keypad setup and mapped hardware buttons to android functions

v0.3 - 26/08/12
- Significant tidy up of code and dependencies
- Consolidated Steps 3-5 into "Express" step
- Option to incrase system UI size
- Better touchscreen sensitivity and responsiveness
- Increased WiFi speeds
- Increased battery life
- Remaps gamepad controls to correct "gamepad" keycodes
- Removes Apex Launcher as default
- Restores File Browser app
- Updated Google Apps & patched Play Store again

v0.2 - 08/08/12
- Added Apex Launcher
- Optimized Apex Launcher settings
- Removed Hi-Market
- Added option to remap MENU button
- Added upgrade from v0.1 option
- Fixed Google Play permissions issue

v0.1 - 06/08/12
Initial release.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:04:48 pm by TehCrucible »

tiagao_extremo

Re: DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »
Nice job TehCrucible. Do you think that the Droid X360 in comparison to the JXD S5110 and YDPG18A would be a better choice?

Deen0X

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »
Nice job TehCrucible. Do you think that the Droid X360 in comparison to the JXD S5110 and YDPG18A would be a better choice?

please, you opened another thread for this question.

let this thread to question about the scripts.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »

please, you opened another thread for this question.

let this thread to question about the scripts.

I understand Deen0x. I just asked here because no one could give me just a simple answer. Instead they just went off-topic. Guess i will just wait for another review.

furan

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »
sweet!

GHallPS3

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:15:25 am »
I followed your instructions step by step but once I do step 5 it removes the play store. Any easy way to add it back on?

I tried downloading an Google Play APK for 4.0.4 and instaling (trying with and without step 6 in the Super Script) and I get either Google Play Failed or Server unavailable.

Any help?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:57:04 am by GHallPS3 »

willgoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
    • Willgoo - Retro Handheld Paradise
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 04:51:17 am »
Thank you for your great work, TehCrucible.

To let people completely use your firmware, you can make a video for it. It will let people feel easier to follow.

To remember to backup all your files before you do any adjustment to your device.

Thanks.

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 06:30:40 am »
I followed your instructions step by step but once I do step 5 it removes the play store. Any easy way to add it back on?

Yep, just run the option Step 6.  You do not need to redo the entire script, just ensure adb connection and follow the instructions in step 6.  Your Droid will reboot at the end of the step.  You then just need to clear data and cache (again, instructions are in the script) and reboot again.

Happy days!  ;D

I'm still ironing out the kinks with the store bit but if it ever happens again, you can always re-run step 6.  Also, don't forget to do Furan's keypad patch as well (Step 7).  I know I said its listed as optional but it makes a significant difference.

Version 0.2 coming in a few days with bugfixes, tweaks and a few new features!  And yes, I will do a youtube video soon, not only for the install process but to demonstrate how well things work after the script.  Thanks for trying it!

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 06:38:21 am »
EDIT: I missed this bit:

I tried downloading an Google Play APK for 4.0.4 and instaling (trying with and without step 6 in the Super Script)

Thats weird.  Where did you get the play apk from?  Keep in mind this is still very early days for this script. 

You can try this in the exact order:

- Re-run step 5.
- After factory restore, sign into Google Play.  You will probably be missing apps like facebook etc, if not, its fine, dont run step 6.  If you are, DONT clear cache or data yet.
- Move straight on to Step 6.
- Clear cache and data as step 6 instructs.
- REBOOT AGAIN
- Try Google Play again.  You shouldn't need to sign in, just re-accept the agreement.

Let me know how you go!

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 07:42:16 am »

Whilst it is off topic, I'll give it an answer anyway.  I don't own a JXD S5110 or a YDPG18A so I'm probably not the best person to ask, however, so far I am actually quite impressed with the X360 and I believe with a little bit more tweaking it could actually be pretty awesome.  Its powerful enough to do what it claims on the box and the build quality is pretty good as far as china stuff goes.  I'm particularly impressed with the touchscreen.  While obviously not comparable to say an iPhone or Galaxy s3, it did exceed my expectations.

Obviously the jury's still out on this one, but personally I'd say buy it for sure.  Also, if you are gonna buy one, definitely buy it from Willgoo.  Delivered to my door in 4 business days, and very helpful in the forums here.

Back on topic: Review and installtion video soon, I promise.

EDIT:  Apologies for the triple post lol.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02:11 pm »

Whilst it is off topic, I'll give it an answer anyway.  I don't own a JXD S5110 or a YDPG18A so I'm probably not the best person to ask, however, so far I am actually quite impressed with the X360 and I believe with a little bit more tweaking it could actually be pretty awesome.  Its powerful enough to do what it claims on the box and the build quality is pretty good as far as china stuff goes.  I'm particularly impressed with the touchscreen.  While obviously not comparable to say an iPhone or Galaxy s3, it did exceed my expectations.

Obviously the jury's still out on this one, but personally I'd say buy it for sure.  Also, if you are gonna buy one, definitely buy it from Willgoo.  Delivered to my door in 4 business days, and very helpful in the forums here.

Back on topic: Review and installtion video soon, I promise.

EDIT:  Apologies for the triple post lol.

I understand TehCrucible. Sorry about the off-topic, won't happen again. I'm almost convinced about buying the droid x360, but then i will wait a few days when someone posts a second review including yours and furan patch, and how much they can improve this handheld. Anyway, thanks for your answer, and for your great work with the droid x360.

BAFelton

• Open Consoles
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 08:52:16 pm »
Thanx for this script !

Do you have a mirror somewhere else cause sendspace always give me " Sorry, the free service is at full capacity. "

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 10:38:37 pm »
Try this one BAFelton, link here  (no firmware).  This is hosted on my own server so I would appreciate if everyone else who can, uses the sendspace link.  Cheers guys.  I will try and sort out some better hosting soon.

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 05:29:59 am »
Hey guys, updated to v0.2 today.  No need to re-flash if you are already running v0.1.  Just re-download and choose Step 8.  Backup first as always.  ;)

wololo

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:19:46 am »
Mirror links for 0.2 and stock firmware: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1388

Post a new topic