Author Topic: DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes  (Read 57477 times)

Articus

Re: DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 03:46:45 am »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:01:11 am by Articus »

sscherten

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »
Hi,

I decided to give it a go and the whole process went smoothly and I can see the improvements so thanks a lot for making it available.

I do have a small question. Is there any kind of script to reconfigure all the key mapping for the emulator? It looks like I have to edit the settings manually. Not a big deal if this is the case, but I was just wondering if there were a quicker way.

Cheers

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »
I decided to give it a go and the whole process went smoothly and I can see the improvements so thanks a lot for making it available.

No worries, glad it worked for you.

Is there any kind of script to reconfigure all the key mapping for the emulator? It looks like I have to edit the settings manually. Not a big deal if this is the case, but I was just wondering if there were a quicker way.

Unfortunatly, not with this version of the script.  I did recently find where the default mappings are stored so the next version of SuperScript will retain default mappings but for those of us who've already applied the script, it needs to be done manually.

freemantsinq

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 10:26:22 am »
Thanks for this. I really enjoy the tweaks applied to this device. I literally just installed your script and have noticed it runs a bit better than when I received it.

I have noticed one bug so far, however. I've noticed that if I enter the settings - about tablet - status that the settings menu errors out and force closes. It did not do this before but does after following your tutorial and script. I did also notice that while it was running the script and removing the bloatware, that there were quite a few no such directory errors. It does appear to have removed the bloatware. The only thing I wish it did not remove was the file manager. I don't know if your script was supposed to remove it, but it did on my tablet.

I know this may be a little off topic, but I was also curious if it were possible to backup the OS as a livesuit compatable image file after making all these changes. Any help is greatly appreciated and again thank you for your work on this script.

Badboyluc

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 05:24:05 pm »
this script remove the file manager, no is possible install APK later   :'(

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 09:12:10 pm »
I have noticed one bug so far, however. I've noticed that if I enter the settings - about tablet - status that the settings menu errors out and force closes. It did not do this before but does after following your tutorial and script.

I have already fixed this for v0.3.  Hang tight, will be ready in a few days.

I did also notice that while it was running the script and removing the bloatware, that there were quite a few no such directory errors. It does appear to have removed the bloatware.

As I said earlier in the thread, the list of bloatware is not specific to the Droid X360 so many rm failed errors is normal. Those items simply aren't on the Droid X360 to begin with.

The only thing I wish it did not remove was the file manager. I don't know if your script was supposed to remove it, but it did on my tablet.

this script remove the file manager, no is possible install APK later   :'(

Yes I had just noticed this myself.  Fixed for v0.3.

I know this may be a little off topic, but I was also curious if it were possible to backup the OS as a livesuit compatable image file after making all these changes. Any help is greatly appreciated and again thank you for your work on this script.

Not that I know of.  I'm working on getting CWM Touch on the X360 so that we can do nandroid backup that way, but its still not ready.

Deen0X

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 11:39:11 pm »
suggestion for the new version

give a choice to install another launcher. i prefer to use the default ics launcher (in my case), then may be a good idea to give to users the choice to install another when running the script

keep the appinstaller and filemanager apps. (donīt remove). appinstaller is so usefull to batch install apks from microSD, and filemanager may be so useful, if the script fails i think is good to get this app installed in the system

alternatives tools:
- cifs manager. droid came with cifs module pre-compiled, then we can use cifs manager to connect shared folders on the lan directly to /mnt/cifsmounts...
- if you can manage binds, i suggest to give the choice on the script to bind these two directories:
/mnt/extsd/AndroidSD -> /mnt/Android
/nmt/extsd/GameloftSD -> /mnt/Gameloft

these two are the fastest growing directories, and is a good idea to bind these to microSD card (in case user reinstall droid, him donīt need to resintal and download all data from games). I'm binding with "directory bind" app from xda.

- Give the choice to install Es File Explorer. I suggest this app because is a all in one solution. Root Explorer, FTP Client, Samba client, online storage client (sugarsync, dropbox, gdrive, etc), app manager, etc.

greetings!

GHallPS3

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 12:24:43 am »
Hey,

The only thing I noticed that would be really nice to have is support of external USB joysticks. Honestly I'm kinda lost on why they gave us an OTG cable if we can't even get ps3/360 controllers to work on it. Willgoo has yet to confirm they have a compatible controller although they did mention they "might have one" and would follow up with an answer (but as far as I could find they never did).

I've tried many different apps (even bought USB/BT Joystick) but none of them worked :/

I'm not sure how advanced into writing software you guys are on here, but a working driver to support PS3 or 360 controllers would be orgasmic ;P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:56:22 am by GHallPS3 »

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 08:55:00 am »
Thanks for your suggestions.  Really, I'm doing this for you guys, so keep the ideas coming.  FYI, v0.3 will be ready to try out tomorrow.

give a choice to install another launcher. i prefer to use the default ics launcher (in my case), then may be a good idea to give to users the choice to install another when running the script

I agree and in fact I had already changed this back, when I ran into a bit of a snag.  v0.3 will include an option to slightly increase the system UI size.  I noticed that using the tablet version of ICS on a 5" screen can be a little fiddly sometimes (especially when it comes to some tablet versions of apps) so I have managed to increase the UI size to a certain extent without breaking anything.  HOWEVER, the UI size increase is not supported by the default ICS launcher, only by Apex Launcher (and maybe other third party ones, I haven't tried).  So I guess the question is, if I make the UI size increase an optional thing, will you guys be happy to use Apex to get it?

keep the appinstaller and filemanager apps. (donīt remove). appinstaller is so usefull to batch install apks from microSD, and filemanager may be so useful, if the script fails i think is good to get this app installed in the system

This has already been fixed for v0.3.  They weren't intentionally removed, just remnants of another script I borrowed from.  Upgrading from v0.2 will re-install these apps.

alternatives tools:
- cifs manager. droid came with cifs module pre-compiled, then we can use cifs manager to connect shared folders on the lan directly to /mnt/cifsmounts...
- if you can manage binds, i suggest to give the choice on the script to bind these two directories:
/mnt/extsd/AndroidSD -> /mnt/Android
/nmt/extsd/GameloftSD -> /mnt/Gameloft

I can definitely take a look at this, but it wont be included in tomorrows version.

- Give the choice to install Es File Explorer. I suggest this app because is a all in one solution. Root Explorer, FTP Client, Samba client, online storage client (sugarsync, dropbox, gdrive, etc), app manager, etc.

I too, love and use ES File Explorer, however (as with my reservations about Apex Launcher) I'm really trying not to include too many apps as part of the script as I don't want to push my choices on you guys.  ES File Explorer is available for free from the Play store and its just as easy to grab it from there as it would be to include it.

But, if you guys want it, I'm happy to take suggestions for peoples most used apps and include a kind of package manager quick install section in the script, to quickly install all your favorite apps when running the script.  Let me know what you think.

The only thing I noticed that would be really nice to have is support of external USB joysticks.

Checking out this is on my todo list.  GHallPS3, you will also be happy to know that tomorrows v0.3 will include a proper market fix that will allow you to install FPSe from Google Play.   8)

Thanks for your support guys.  Again, I can do all this for myself but the SuperScript is for you guys so keep hitting me up with what you want from it.  Eventually, the plan is to turn everything into a Livesuit flashable ROM for ease of use.

freemantsinq

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 02:49:57 pm »
tehcrucible,
in regard to the livesuit image, and this is just my personal feelings on the matter, i would much rather we were given the ability to create the image from our own devices rather than have access to a pre-made distro. we would be able to customize our tablets how we see fit and save that progress. again, thanks for the script. i look forward to the future development of it.

i had a question about a couple programs that showed up on my tablet after running the script. i'm not sure how useful google maps, latitude, local, and phone are on a tablet without gps or carrier service. i know the phone app was on there prior to running your script, but i don't recall the other three. maybe an option to remove those apps for those of us that will not use them. i can imagine they are probably available on the market anyway. or maybe even a script option that will list all apps already installed and allows us pick and choose what to remove and keep and runs the changes all at the end.

Deen0X

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 03:46:25 pm »
tehcrucible,
in regard to the livesuit image, and this is just my personal feelings on the matter, i would much rather we were given the ability to create the image from our own devices rather than have access to a pre-made distro. we would be able to customize our tablets how we see fit and save that progress. again, thanks for the script. i look forward to the future development of it.

i had a question about a couple programs that showed up on my tablet after running the script. i'm not sure how useful google maps, latitude, local, and phone are on a tablet without gps or carrier service. i know the phone app was on there prior to running your script, but i don't recall the other three. maybe an option to remove those apps for those of us that will not use them. i can imagine they are probably available on the market anyway. or maybe even a script option that will list all apps already installed and allows us pick and choose what to remove and keep and runs the changes all at the end.

i think is not neccessary.
Google apps are standard for any market enabled device. If you donīt want these apps, you can remove from your system.

phone is part of the system and cannot be moved out. after the script the icon appears on the app list. if you're using any launcher that have the option to hide some apps, then you can use to hide this icon.

for the image, you need to get knowledgments to make an image from your system to be used with livesuit. This is a custom rom.

and one of the things features a custom rom is precisely the customization that makes its author. If the author think that astro file manager is better (or more liking) than ES file explorer, is the choice he do.
I think is ok that all google apps must be on any android system. you think not. we only can suggest this to the author, but he does what he think is better for the rom.

the best part of a rom is the tweak of the system. all another things are details that each user can configure without problems.

note: Maps and navigation can work in your device. these apps donīt need a gps to work (but give some other features).
Maps can be used as a street directory, and navigator can work as a trip planner.

and... any android device (well, i think every) can use location wifi based to get your current location. open settings, location services->Google's location service (check), and maps give your current location on the screen.

greetings!

apoptygma

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 04:47:54 am »
Could someone tell me quickly how to re-flash the stock firmware? I really screwed up my X360 and the 'factory reset' in the settings isn't doing the trick.

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 04:57:21 am »
Could someone tell me quickly how to re-flash the stock firmware? I really screwed up my X360 and the 'factory reset' in the settings isn't doing the trick.

Download my script package and follow README.TXT  Its step by step and has all the tools you will need.  You will also need to download the stock firmware from Willgoo's link but thats included in the readme as well.

apoptygma

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 05:33:26 am »
Thanks, I'll give it a go. what I was doing was re-programming the "B" button to be "dpad centre" which worked great, I can now navigate the OS using just the dpad and B (ie. select an emulator with the dpad, B to load, select a rom, b to start the game)
Maybe you could add that into a new version of your script if it's something people would want? I think it's great because there's a few android games that can be controlled that way too (ie simple 1-button games)
unfortunatly while experimenting I programmed Y as "power off" and can't restore it.

FYI if this is helpful at all i worked out the keys fire the following commands by default

Left Trigger "["
Right Trigger "]"?
Y "PgUp"?
X  "/"   
A  "-"
B  "\"

Select "=" 
Start "FOCUS"?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:36:01 am by apoptygma »

apoptygma

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:31 am »
I've just done a pull of system/usr/keylayout throguh adb and there's 13 .kl files which i can view in notepad++ and probably change and push back to the device. I'm looking on http://source.android.com/tech/input/key-layout-files.html and dont' see any mention of the 'power' function, I guess I need to figure out

a) which file holds the controls
b) which 'key number' each is
c) what function to assign to the key I remapped

it's interesting and again, from http://source.android.com/tech/input/key-layout-files.html i can see there's some flexibility here to setup the analog controls quite well (dead zone etc) i wonder if this is worth spending some time on?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic