Author Topic: DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes  (Read 57475 times)

wololo

Re: DROID X360 Super Script - Various Tweaks & Fixes
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 12:23:43 pm »
I ran version 0.2 and it was very well explained and super simple to follow.

However I think you need to be *extremely* clear that  the factory reset *will* erase all the content on the "internal" SD card, which means all roms and apk that were on the device when it ships.
I won't cry because those were all pirated versions anyways, but I lost all the stuff that the console shipped with. The factory reset *did* warn me, but stupidly I assumed it meant it would erase the physical SDCard (which I don't have) and that I would be ok.

I have yet to test the benefits in terms of battery life, etc...
Sadly I have to say that the issues I am experiencing with the pad are not gone, and the more I test, the more I am convinced that my problems come from the bad physical design of the device. Details in the other thread.

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:20 pm »
However I think you need to be *extremely* clear that  the factory reset *will* erase all the content on the "internal" SD card, which means all roms and apk that were on the device when it ships.

Thanks, updated.

Sadly I have to say that the issues I am experiencing with the pad are not gone, and the more I test, the more I am convinced that my problems come from the bad physical design of the device.

Yeah there's definitely a hardware element.  Obviously no software fix and reduce the throw distance of the buttons or increase the size of contact points lol.  However, the fix does serve to reduce missed button presses caused by hitting multiple button presses in succession. 

I have been working for the last few days on hardware modifications to the controls (to the point where my Droid is a bit of a frankenstein and will need to be replaced soon lol).  I've had varying success.  Results soon.  Willgoo has passed our concerns on to the manufacturer and he reports that they have taken it on board however, I doubt that we'll see a hardware revision this late in the production cycle. 

Bottom line:  I'm still convinced that this can be a good device (even if it may need hardware mods) so I'm going to order another one shortly so I can compare results between the two.

hailrazer

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 12:40:37 am »
I guess it is hardware dependent.  I have no such problems with mine.  I don't have to push hard on any of the buttons or the d-pad.

But that being said.  I wonder if it would be possible to fix your problems with a different d-pad/abxy button membrane.  I have tons of them from controllers. Like xbox, snes, N64, Ps1, Ps2 etc.  Maybe just the bigger button are on the membrane would be enough ?

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:11 am »
But that being said.  I wonder if it would be possible to fix your problems with a different d-pad/abxy button membrane.

Sit tight.  I've been experimenting with this all day.  I might be on to something. Results soon.

ricardo85x

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:09 am »
I guess it is hardware dependent.  I have no such problems with mine.  I don't have to push hard on any of the buttons or the d-pad.

this make me happy  ;D

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 03:46:23 am »

But that being said.  I wonder if it would be possible to fix your problems with a different d-pad/abxy button membrane.  I have tons of them from controllers. Like xbox, snes, N64, Ps1, Ps2 etc.  Maybe just the bigger button are on the membrane would be enough ?

Now i'm curious hailrazer. Did you watch the last video from wololo? Your Droid x360 plays the same way or the controls are more responsive?

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 08:04:07 am »
But that being said.  I wonder if it would be possible to fix your problems with a different d-pad/abxy button membrane.

Sit tight.  I've been experimenting with this all day.  I might be on to something. Results soon.
I had a little luck using the membrane from my original ydpg18. The membrane from s5110, 601, dingoo a330 and dingoo a320 didn't help. I'm not going to bother with it anymore. I hope you guys are able to find a solution. I will try the ireadygo in the meantime and let you know how it works out

skelton

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 08:22:17 am »

I had a little luck using the membrane from my original ydpg18. The membrane from s5110, 601, dingoo a330 and dingoo a320 didn't help. I'm not going to bother with it anymore. I hope you guys are able to find a solution. I will try the ireadygo in the meantime and let you know how it works out

You have a ireadygo too? Oh my, you must be the man with the biggest number of consoles in the world. Hehehe. Will be nice to hear your impressions about ireadygo.
Retired

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 11:07:59 am »
Back on topic... lol, I have updated with a video.  Check it out here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6G4Ouq7Yj0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6G4Ouq7Yj0</a>

xphyle

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 04:23:51 pm »

Oh!  Another device to throw on that pile of old/discarded devices in the corner of your room!  :)  Does your girlfriend/wife roll her eyes when you tell her you are getting another toy?  My wife does it all the time.  LMAO.

Deen0X

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »
mine wife too... _'

wololo

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 01:19:43 am »
Same here. She doesn't know yet I'm getting an Ouya :)
(Sorry for the off topic)

GHallPS3

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »
EDIT: I missed this bit:

I tried downloading an Google Play APK for 4.0.4 and instaling (trying with and without step 6 in the Super Script)

Thats weird.  Where did you get the play apk from?  Keep in mind this is still very early days for this script. 

You can try this in the exact order:

- Re-run step 5.
- After factory restore, sign into Google Play.  You will probably be missing apps like facebook etc, if not, its fine, dont run step 6.  If you are, DONT clear cache or data yet.
- Move straight on to Step 6.
- Clear cache and data as step 6 instructs.
- REBOOT AGAIN
- Try Google Play again.  You shouldn't need to sign in, just re-accept the agreement.

Let me know how you go!

Ok, so taking your advice I started from scratch and I keep running into issues. So with that being said (and knowing its about 99% probably my fault) I'll just list my step by step actions using (summarized).

Step 1. Flash to stock 4.0.4 and change language (goes perfectly).

Step 2. Allow dev options and open SuperScript (Still good)

Step 3. Checked connectivity, backed up files, and Disabled unnecessary services (w/ Hard reset)

Step 4. Tested connection again, Removed bloatware (even though it says "rm failed for..." on each one)

Step 5. Checked Play store still in app drawer (it is).

Step 6. Ran step 5 (Update framework and Gapps w/Factory reset)

Step 7. Phone reboots, Selected apex launcher, and Play Store is gone.

Step 8. Run "Repair Google Play" but no data/cache can be removed due to it not being listed under apps in settings.

Now, from my understanding the play store should be on the phone after following these steps. So I'm just trying to see what I'm doing wrong -_-' any tips?

P.S. Are you able to get FPSe through the market after this is fixed? Psx4Droid is nice but some games I like to use cheats ;) My friend said he could get Facebook and the other market apps but FPSe said it was not compatible on his market anyway.

TehCrucible (OP)

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 12:30:36 am »
Ok, so taking your advice I started from scratch and I keep running into issues. So with that being said (and knowing its about 99% probably my fault) I'll just list my step by step actions using (summarized).

Hmm.  This is very strange.  I'm assuming you haven't made any modifications to the script at all.  I just find it weird that you get this very consistently yet it hasn't happened for anyone else.  However, you may have given me an idea by telling me that the Play store is actually removed.

There is a section in the script that removes the Play store and replaces it with an updated version.  I have been questioning myself whether this is even necessary as the Play store that comes stock seems to work for a lot of people.

I'll attach an edited version of the script just for you, without that section, essentially leaving the actual Vending.apk app alone and simply fixing the permissions.  Download it, place it in the SuperScript directory, and run it rather than the default SuperScript.bat.  You will need to re-flash to stock again before beginning.

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/?plxr1f4j2e0pl3s

Step 4. Tested connection again, Removed bloatware (even though it says "rm failed for..." on each one)

This is normal.  The list of bloatware is a large generic list and not specific to the Droid X360.  It does remove many items but it also throws up a lot of fails because a lot of the items listed are not actually on the X360.  I simply haven't had the time to clean up the list yet.

P.S. Are you able to get FPSe through the market after this is fixed? Psx4Droid is nice but some games I like to use cheats ;) My friend said he could get Facebook and the other market apps but FPSe said it was not compatible on his market anyway.

Acutally, I just checked this myself and I get the same error.  Strange.  I'll look into it when I get a chance.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:32:27 am by TehCrucible »

GHallPS3

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 03:18:47 am »
Hmm.  This is very strange.  I'm assuming you haven't made any modifications to the script at all.  I just find it weird that you get this very consistently yet it hasn't happened for anyone else.  However, you may have given me an idea by telling me that the Play store is actually removed.

There is a section in the script that removes the Play store and replaces it with an updated version.  I have been questioning myself whether this is even necessary as the Play store that comes stock seems to work for a lot of people.

I'll attach an edited version of the script just for you, without that section, essentially leaving the actual Vending.apk app alone and simply fixing the permissions.  Download it, place it in the SuperScript directory, and run it rather than the default SuperScript.bat.  You will need to re-flash to stock again before beginning.

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/?plxr1f4j2e0pl3s

Your a life saver. That worked perfectly :D The only thing I need to do is get FPSe through the market (so the license can verify) and I'm all set. Let me know when you get it working and keep up the good work :)