• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: best place to post about good tablet controller combos  (Read 2298 times)

midknight (OP)

best place to post about good tablet controller combos
« on: February 03, 2019, 02:25:48 am »
hi iv kinda noticed that there are not to many companies interested in making good android handhelds anymore i wanted to know if we could start posting about good android and tablet combos.

Radon_22

Re: best place to post about good tablet controller combos
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 04:44:43 am »
My current setup is an IPEGA PG-9083  an Asus Zenpad Z8S.  You can find the Zenapad used for dirt cheap, and it's actually a pretty capable unit (octacore, 3GB). 4:3 tablets ideal for emulators as most arcade/emulated consoles are going to be that aspect ratio. 

midknight (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:36:35 am »
my current setup is a mipad 4 and the ipega 9083 i used this video here to change it over to English  <a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210623115011/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq6YxCXtpXA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq6YxCXtpXA</a>

specs are snap dragon 660 4gb of ram 64 gb of storage quad core. its a standard wide screen not the best for emulation but its a good all around tablet.

knightron

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:52:02 am »
Oh cool, straight off the bat two people using the IPEGA PG-9083. How's the d-pad on that thing?

I'm rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, imported from the US so i can have the SD version. Also use this as my main phone. I'm not a huge fan of massive phones or the infinite display but i chose this device with emulation in mind and the s-pen was the big selling point for me. DS emulation is awesome on this thing. The s-pen offers resistive touch screen precision on a capacitive touch screen. With a Snapdragon 845 processor this phone is a total beast and i love it.

I chose a controller with a clip. I admire the clamp design controllers for DS emulation vertical use but i decided against one due to clogging up the headphone jack and i thought they might feel awkward in the hand when connecting my phone up to a tv through hdmi.

I really wanted a controller with a good d-pad for this awesome phone. I chose the Gamesir G4s. The d-pad on the thing is total trash and the bumpers are so uncomfortable to press. Having a big phone i also need the little clip extension at all times which means i can't fold the clip down with out detaching the clip which i'd likely loose. The rest of the controls on the controller feel awesome though i must admit.

Unhappy i purchased a Gamesir T1s. This controller's triggers feel weird and nowhere near as pleasant as the G4s' but they're usable. The bumpers on this controller are perfect for me. The clip uses an ingenius foldable lip that folds up too. Much better design to the G4s' extension. The dpad is as trash as the G4s'. I read a suggestion else where on the internet on how to improve it. Following their advice i pulled the controller apart and snipped the Sony style d-pad into four individual buttons and reassembled. (tell me if anyone's planning to do this and i'll offer some more detail to make this successful for you too because it took me two goes to get it right). After snipping the d-pad it's now much more accurate. It feels a little weird but you get used of it and precision is the most important thing to me. With the snip mod it's not the best d-pad in the world but it's passable to me.
With the snip mod i am very pleased with the Gamesir T1s and that's the controller i choose to use with my Galaxy Note 9. This is my gaming device of choice. I do not have a console. I love it.