• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Archos Gamepad 2 - my Full Review  (Read 78185 times)

3pol

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 - my Full Review
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2014, 05:37:10 am »
I know it's weird, it is really hard to know if the archos is fully charged. One time the red light indicator turn off when it is fully charged, but mostly I have to hard start it to check if the battery is 100%. I didn't charged it before the update of the firmware. And also I have a problem with the video streaming, it seem buffering every 5 second. I don't have this problem before updating the firmware. Anyway, I restore the archos gamepad 2 by following this http://www.archos.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=50&id=139 and it seems doing pretty well. I have to observe about the charging. When I installed the DU battery saver, it took 14 hours to fully charged. It is so long to wait and I have to uninstall it. How will I know if the tablet is full? Do I have to wait for the red light to turn off? What are your experience while charging the archos?

3pol

« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2014, 05:58:36 am »
It is still the same after the restore, the video streaming is buffering every 5 sec. Can I re install the old firmware? Maybe the latest firmware is causing all this problems. Do you have any suggestions? I can still return the product. Thank you very much for your help.

3pol

« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:31 am »
I got the solution for the youtube buffering, keep Wi-fi on during sleep: ALWAYS and uncheck Wi-Fi optimization.

talos91

« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2016, 11:15:51 pm »
Hello.

Sorry, i was away for the past week.

No.. I am not able to link the whole Data folder.

Only one APP after another.
Whole folder linking is still not working.

My problems are solved now, i stumbled across a nvidia Shield , bought it and i am happy.
Was worth the 200 ?.

Almost the same i paid for the Gamepad...

So if someone wants an archos Gamepad 2 let me know.

It is a pity you stop using the gamepad. Honestly i dont see the shield in the same market as the gamepad, nvidia is just for gaming, archos is also a tablet.

About folder mount, with the patch now it works perfectly and it should link the whole data folder if you uncheck the option of check destination.

Best regards, enjoy the shield.

Folder mount works great on the archos gamepad 2 you can move the obb game folder an the data folder to the external sd card, and with a 64gb sd you can install a lot of heavy android games and roms for emulators. The Archos Gamepad 2 had a lot of potential, it is a shame that support for it has stopped. I still use it and it is great for emulators like retroarch and drastic even ppsspp most games work. Also using tincore keymapper you can remap the archos gamepad builtin controller or play touch only games better than with the default mapper, you also can simulate a keyboard, mouse and other external controllers. You can even play some fire tv games like Shovel Knight, not to mention the device works perfectly as a great tablet device to browse the web and consume media.
Does anyone here still use the archos gamepad 2? Still a great device.