Author Topic: Android Gaming Controller: Moto Mod Gamepad  (Read 5623 times)

robman2122

Re: Android Gaming Controller: Moto Mod Gamepad
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2017, 05:46:49 am »
For anyone else who has pre-ordered the gamepad mod from Verizon, are you able to check the status of your order? I stupidly placed my order as a guest instead of with a Verizon account as my line is a new conversion and I hadn't setup the account at that time. Long story short, I have my confirmation email and order number but when I input the information on the status page (order number and last name) is says it can't find the order and asks for a location code, which does not exist on my confirmation. I called Verizon and they couldn't locate it either based on the information I provided but mentioned it might be due to it being a pre-order/backorder and not a regular order that's ready to go. The other odd thing I noticed, is in the email confirmation I received, my last name is not present on the bill to address, but is on the ship to address. The printed confirmation page I got after placing the order has all the information on it though. Anyone else experiencing this or a similar problem?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I planned to pre-order mine tonight, but I also saw it said backorder instead of pre-order, so I assume all the original stock has been pre-ordered. I already have my account set up and device activated so hopefully no issues arise. I did run into a similar issue when registering for my Moto Mod projector rebate. I had to register twice since the first time, I wasn't able to check status, not did I get a confirmation email, but after the second time, I got the confirmation, and am able to track it. I can also see the original order, so I hope that doesn't interfere with anything.

I'm about to pre-order the gamepad now, so if anything arises, I'l let you know.
Your rebate offer should be fine. I just got my speaker mod thru the rebate program yesterday. Not the most solid set of speakers but it didn't cost me anything, and ended up shipping way faster than all the estimates they kept giving. I think it said like 4 to 6 weeks to process the claim and then once it "shipped" it said 2 to 3 weeks, but I had it a week later from the shipping notification and only took about 2 weeks to process the claim. I just found a post on reddit that had someone else stating the same problem with not being able to check the status but no mention of the backorder status on the order page. The only mention of backorder with mine was when I spoke to the rep, but I think she was using the term a little loosely since she just simply couldn't find anything related to my order.

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:13 am »
For anyone else who has pre-ordered the gamepad mod from Verizon, are you able to check the status of your order? I stupidly placed my order as a guest instead of with a Verizon account as my line is a new conversion and I hadn't setup the account at that time. Long story short, I have my confirmation email and order number but when I input the information on the status page (order number and last name) is says it can't find the order and asks for a location code, which does not exist on my confirmation. I called Verizon and they couldn't locate it either based on the information I provided but mentioned it might be due to it being a pre-order/backorder and not a regular order that's ready to go. The other odd thing I noticed, is in the email confirmation I received, my last name is not present on the bill to address, but is on the ship to address. The printed confirmation page I got after placing the order has all the information on it though. Anyone else experiencing this or a similar problem?

I planned to pre-order mine tonight, but I also saw it said backorder instead of pre-order, so I assume all the original stock has been pre-ordered. I already have my account set up and device activated so hopefully no issues arise. I did run into a similar issue when registering for my Moto Mod projector rebate. I had to register twice since the first time, I wasn't able to check status, not did I get a confirmation email, but after the second time, I got the confirmation, and am able to track it. I can also see the original order, so I hope that doesn't interfere with anything.

I'm about to pre-order the gamepad now, so if anything arises, I'l let you know.
Your rebate offer should be fine. I just got my speaker mod thru the rebate program yesterday. Not the most solid set of speakers but it didn't cost me anything, and ended up shipping way faster than all the estimates they kept giving. I think it said like 4 to 6 weeks to process the claim and then once it "shipped" it said 2 to 3 weeks, but I had it a week later from the shipping notification and only took about 2 weeks to process the claim. I just found a post on reddit that had someone else stating the same problem with not being able to check the status but no mention of the backorder status on the order page. The only mention of backorder with mine was when I spoke to the rep, but I think she was using the term a little loosely since she just simply couldn't find anything related to my order.

Basically experienced everything you did. Missing last name, rep couldn't find order. I'll call in the morning to see what we can find. I can always resubmit the order.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:44:45 am by DroidX2 »

robman2122

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 12:27:22 pm »

Basically experienced everything you did. Missing last name, rep couldn't find order. I'll call in the morning to see what we can find. I can always resubmit the order.
Did you submit it through a Verizon account? Or as a guest?

SONY

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2017, 04:04:17 pm »
Are there any reviews on/for this controller modular yet?
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2017, 05:24:23 pm »

Submitted through a Verizon account. I entered a second order this morning, but same thing. Currently contacting customer support to get things straight.

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »

Just impressions mostly, although they've been very positive. Besides the size, the controller has it all. Even adds a headphone jack to the MotoZ2Force.

robman2122

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2017, 05:35:16 pm »

Submitted through a Verizon account. I entered a second order this morning, but same thing. Currently contacting customer support to get things straight.
Good luck. They couldn't locate my order whatsoever. Let me know how you make out with that

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2017, 06:07:35 pm »

Good luck. They couldn't locate my order whatsoever. Let me know how you make out with that

After speaking with maybe my third or fourth Rep, We finally came to the conclusion. They stated that since the item is on Back-Order, instead of Pre-Order, the Actual Order is not fully placed yet, so no charges are being made. In my MY VERIZON account, there is a section called MY ORDERS where pending orders are placed. They said that it won't show there until the order is complete.

So, long story short, the Order is placed, but because it's on back-order, not complete. However, the status could update at any time once the order completes, or maybe more stock is sent.

robman2122

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2017, 06:08:58 pm »

After speaking with maybe my third or fourth Rep, We finally came to the conclusion. They stated that since the item is on Back-Order, instead of Pre-Order, the Actual Order is not fully placed yet, so no charges are being made. In MY VERIZON account, there is a section called MY ORDERS were pending orders are placed. They said that it won't show there until the order is complete.

So, long story short, the Order is placed, but because it's on back-order, not complete. However, the status could update at any time once the order completes, or maybe more stock is sent.
Ah OK. That makes more sense than what I was told. It's a shame it took that many reps to get you an answer.

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2017, 10:08:57 pm »

After speaking with maybe my third or fourth Rep, We finally came to the conclusion. They stated that since the item is on Back-Order, instead of Pre-Order, the Actual Order is not fully placed yet, so no charges are being made. In MY VERIZON account, there is a section called MY ORDERS were pending orders are placed. They said that it won't show there until the order is complete.

Ah OK. That makes more sense than what I was told. It's a shame it took that many reps to get you an answer.

Yeah, but it's cool though. Normally, there's one person that seems to know more than everyone else in the department. I just need to keep an eye on when the order does complete so I can delete the second one. I asked if there was a way to separate device payments from the bill, but they said great idea, but no can do. 

SONY

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2017, 11:52:19 pm »

Just impressions mostly, although they've been very positive. Besides the size, the controller has it all. Even adds a headphone jack to the MotoZ2Force.

Thanks mate, please make a video review of it for us when you get yours because I'm very interested in the all the Moto phone(s) and all the modulars :)
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2017, 02:10:34 am »

Thanks mate, please make a video review of it for us when you get yours because I'm very interested in the all the Moto phone(s) and all the modulars :)

Sure, I'll try to hook something up.

LordDavon

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:24 am »
So, I finally put my S7 Edge up on Facebook's Marketplace today, and already have 2 people that are asking me questions about it.  As luck would have it, I was reading about the lawsuit Gamevice has against Nintendo, and I checked out their webpage.  Looks like they are coming out with controllers for both of my phones: https://gamevice.com/collections/mobile-console-gaming-android

So, now I am considering cancelling my sale of the S7 Edge for the Moto Z2 and getting the Gamevice for the S7 Edge.  I may get one for my S8+ also.  I've already got the $500 I was putting toward the Moto Z2, so I may just finally get the Cube Mix Plus for some Windows gaming, and the Gamevice for Android gaming.  I can't see getting one for my iPad Pro 10.5 since most of the games that I have on it I also have on Android.

Has anyone used any of their devices?  Are they good controllers?  The Amazon reviews look like some love it and others hate it.

Is there an advantage the Moto Gamepad has that makes it the better setup?

Phawx

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2017, 03:45:31 pm »
So, I finally put my S7 Edge up on Facebook's Marketplace today, and already have 2 people that are asking me questions about it.  As luck would have it, I was reading about the lawsuit Gamevice has against Nintendo, and I checked out their webpage.  Looks like they are coming out with controllers for both of my phones: https://gamevice.com/collections/mobile-console-gaming-android

So, now I am considering cancelling my sale of the S7 Edge for the Moto Z2 and getting the Gamevice for the S7 Edge.  I may get one for my S8+ also.  I've already got the $500 I was putting toward the Moto Z2, so I may just finally get the Cube Mix Plus for some Windows gaming, and the Gamevice for Android gaming.  I can't see getting one for my iPad Pro 10.5 since most of the games that I have on it I also have on Android.

Has anyone used any of their devices?  Are they good controllers?  The Amazon reviews look like some love it and others hate it.

Is there an advantage the Moto Gamepad has that makes it the better setup?

Oh wow!  Bout time Gamevice decided to make one of these for Android.

As for your question, not sure.  The gamevice is a wired connection like the moto gamepad.  It folds up, so that's already a plus.  However, I'm not sure if they will gimp the device and have it only usable *within* their gamevice app.  Hopefully that's not that case.

DroidX2 (OP)

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »
That's interesting! Hopefully this starts a trend, and someone eventually comes out with a slide-out controller attachment as to decrease on the length of these devices. Personally, I rather the Moto-Mod Gamepad since it's made for the device and allows for full usage while attached. However, glad to see Gamevice giving Android some love. Samsung devices are a great choice due to the hardware which can handle gaming quite well.

By the way, ROBMAN2122, I just checked my account and the Orders I placed for the Gamepad have shown up. Check your status when you get a chance.