• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Android Emulator overview - share your preferred setup  (Read 145342 times)

fleshx

Re: Android Emulator overview - share your preferred setup
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »
"I am wondering how good the Saturn emulation on android is."

No where near Reicast for Dreamcast. I have tried the PC versions they are at 70% I'd say

sadgasm

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:17 pm »
I figured it myself already too, therefore I stick with the SNES and PSX versions of the games.
Handhelds:
Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Advance SP Classic NES Edition + EZ Flash IV, Nintendo DSLite + M4i Gold, PSP 1001, Big Ben Gametab One

Consoles:
Nintendo Super Enterteinment System, Nintendo Wii with Homebrew Channel, Sony Playstation 1, Sony Playstation 2, Sony Playstation 3

ker

« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2014, 04:34:48 pm »
I've just received my new Moga Hero Power and now I'm looking for a N64 emulator to play Majora's Mask with minor graphic glitches or sound distorsion.

Any advice?

Skelton-retired

« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2014, 07:30:48 pm »
I've just received my new Moga Hero Power and now I'm looking for a N64 emulator to play Majora's Mask with minor graphic glitches or sound distorsion.

Any advice?

I am not a fan of Zelda, so I never tried majora's mask in Android emus, but this is the config I use with the last version of mupen64AE from playstore and many games run perfect in gpd g5a:

Video settings:

- Rendered Resolution: 640x480
- Flicker reduction: O-2 profile (this may vary from game to game or depending on the device GPU)
- RGBA_8888 mode: on

Video plugin is Gles2Gliden64 with following options:

- Frameskip set to zero or no more than 1 if you feel game slow.

For audio I use default plugin and these options:

- Buffer size: Ultra-low latency
- resampling algorithm: Sinc (fastest).

Anyway, there is no a perfect config, because mupen62 vary a lot from one device to another and from GPU to another (adreno GPU is quite glitchy in mupen)
 -
Retired

ker

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2014, 12:25:41 am »

Any advice?

I am not a fan of Zelda, so I never tried majora's mask in Android emus, but this is the config I use with the last version of mupen64AE from playstore and many games run perfect in gpd g5a:

Video settings:

- Rendered Resolution: 640x480
- Flicker reduction: O-2 profile (this may vary from game to game or depending on the device GPU)
- RGBA_8888 mode: on

Video plugin is Gles2Gliden64 with following options:

- Frameskip set to zero or no more than 1 if you feel game slow.

For audio I use default plugin and these options:

- Buffer size: Ultra-low latency
- resampling algorithm: Sinc (fastest).

Anyway, there is no a perfect config, because mupen62 vary a lot from one device to another and from GPU to another (adreno GPU is quite glitchy in mupen)
 -
Thank you skelton.

Mupen64 Plus AE is the one I've installed prior to ask. It doesn't work very well with Majora's Mask using default configuration.

I'll try your settings tomorrow. RR 1S has an Adreno 305 GPU :-/

55Ophen

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2014, 03:35:12 am »
Great post. lol
My devices:
GB, PS3, jxd s7800b

Panja

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2015, 09:32:54 am »
What are the best emulators at the moment (year 2015)?
I just purchased a GPD XD and removed all the old/pirated emulators on the machine.
I want to start clean and with the best/latest emu's.

I don't care if I need to pay a little "fee" for a good emulator but for instance a NES emulator, I see there are like 7 different emulators, a few free but also a few paid. Like I said I don't mind buying one but I want to make sure it's the "best" emu for the job.

What are the best emu's for: NES, SNES, MegaDrive, Master System, GameGear, N64, GameBoy (color)?

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »
Mupen64+ AE is the best emu for N64 on any android device. However, to get the optimal version, you have to go to the author's website off of google to obtain the latest build(s).

The build that is currently on the google play store is out of date. The later builds play both Zelda games fine.

http://www.paulscode.com/source/Mupen64Plus-AE/AutoBuilds/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:50:21 pm by vetran »

sharfuddin1994

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2016, 08:26:56 am »
is there any android or pc emulator developed for dingoo till now so that i can play my favorite, and sadly only partially completed 7 days salvation

cylondroid597

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »
My Perfect setup (all emulators work perfectly):

Robert Broglia emulators - Paid (NES.emu, Snes9x EX+, MD.emu, NEO.emu, NGP.emu, GBA.emu, GBC.emu, PCE.emu)
-Used for NES, SNES, MegaDrive, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket, GBA, GB/GBC.

ePSXe - Paid
-Used for playstation emulation

Mupen64Plus AE,  Tendo 64 - Paid
-Used for N64 emualtion. I use Tendo 64 for games which do not work on mupen64 such as Blast Corps also Yoshi Story is laggy in mupen64 but plays perfectectly using Tendo64 using GLES-2.0 plugin (Tendo 64 is very good as its has many plugin and emulation profiles) between the two I have been able to play every single N64 game I have.

DraStic DS Emulator - Paid
-Used for Nintendo DS

aFBA, MAME4droid (0.139ui), MAME4droid (0.37b5
-Used for MAME/Arcade emulation. I mainly use aFBA as this plays all the MAME/ARCADE games I have even NEOGEO games, but its good to have the others just in case

RetroArch
-I just keep this as a backup in case I ever come across a situation where a game does not work on any of the above emulators.

With my setup I have been able to play every single game I have (100GB worth of games for all systems)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:33:37 pm by cylondroid597 »

davidgilmour

« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2016, 07:37:21 pm »
I see that there are also free versions of PCE.emu and NEO.emu. Are these the same as the paid ones?

davidgilmour

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2016, 12:16:53 am »
My Perfect setup (all emulators work perfectly):

Mupen64Plus AE,  Tendo 64 - Paid
-Used for N64 emualtion. I use Tendo 64 for games which do not work on mupen64 such as Blast Corps also Yoshi Story is laggy in mupen64 but plays perfectectly using Tendo64 using GLES-2.0 plugin (Tendo 64 is very good as its has many plugin and emulation profiles) between the two I have been able to play every single N64 game I have.

With my setup I have been able to play every single game I have (100GB worth of games for all systems)
Ridge Racer 64 too?

cons_lover

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2016, 12:18:32 am »
for SNES emulation with gamepad support(wifi) what is the best? ^^

nightshade

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2016, 11:06:15 pm »
cool info although I have the mame for all but haven't used it I need to figure out how .......

Post a new topic