Author Topic: why do the original dingoo team claim that the A330 is a "knock off"?  (Read 27357 times)

santino

Hehe the fakers got faked. Now we can hope for a better a330 looking like the gemei prototype? :D

Ugh, why did I go and look at this thread again?!

It's making me paranoid...

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
It's getting absurdly! :-D

I hope everything clears up in future and the real company survies and the fakes on is shutting down! It's no good at all for our Dingoonity Community.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:25:43 am by SiENcE »

Are you saying DDU has been selling low quality fakes the whole time? That's obviously not the case, as many people have bought from him and know better. And he says he's been dealing with the same exact people this whole time, so how could he suddenly start getting fakes from the people he's been dealing with since BEFORE the company's split up? How does that make sense?

10basetom

• tohodo.com
"Dingoo Identity" continues.... *sigh*

Just wait for the hands-on reviews, guys. I'll read ALL of the reviews before making a judgment.

mrkingoo

Yeah I guess we just have to wait a bit til the dust settles and the reviews and the facts are in to know whats what. I did a lot of reading before I got the A320 and I will treat the A330 the same way.

gibberish (OP)

scenario:

- 50 people work for "walmart"
 - 25 of those people decide they've had enough and quit
 - they steal a bunch of trade secrets before they leave
 - they form their own company and decide to call it "walmart 2"

that is no longer walmart really is it, it's an imposter.
pretty simple tbh.

darfgarf

scenario:
 - 50 people work for "walmart"
 - 25 of those people decide they've had enough and quit
 - they steal a bunch of trade secrets before they leave
 - they form their own company and decide to call it "walmart 2"
that is no longer walmart really is it, it's an imposter.
pretty simple tbh.

change 'they steal a bunch of secrets' to 'they own the rights to the domain/company name (very different to the company)'  and you have what the now dingoo-digital did.

confucios say, before you accuse others, accuse your self  ;D

gibberish (OP)

if they owned the rights to the name then why did they change it to "dingoo tech"?
and why did they give up the original dingoo digital website rather than simply changing the logo.

they would have just carried the original name and site if they truly owned them.
imo they own nothing, they just jumped ship with an idea to make a quick buck.

it matters not a jot if DDU is "dealing with the same people" as he dealt with previously, because it seems that the people he is dealing with are running a fraudulent business.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:38:40 pm by gibberish »

eule

• * Former Staff
  • e
I guess he means Dingoo Digital holds the rights to the name, and the real company migrated.

darfgarf

I guess he means Dingoo Digital holds the rights to the name, and the real company migrated.
^ exactly that right there ^ don't know how anyone could interpret it in a different way...oh wait, people that are totally ignorant of other people nad cultures, forgot this was the internet

Stephanie

It's not that hard to understand, I think. Through work, I 'own' the domains for several of my customers simply because they're too busy and not tech-savvy enough to register things themselves. So I register them, do the configuration etc. but I'm listed as the domain holder, not them.

I wouldn't do it of course, but it'd be easy enough for me to do whatever I wanted with the domains should I have a falling out with those clients. I could post whatever I wanted, while they had to register a new, different domain, then try and re-establish themselves with the new domain while I posted claims that they were fakers or whatever.

Yeah I know there's legal means that could be used to get the domain names transfered -- here -- but I've no idea if they can do that sort of thing in China.

Anyhow, at this point I'm wondering whether it even matters. I mean, I have two dingoos from two different sources. They are different inside and out. One has a paw print and the dingoo digital name on the back, the other doesn't. One has a blue circuit board and a "chinachip 3200" cpu, the other has a green circuit board and the cpu says "ingenics jz4740". But functionally they are identical. And quality-wise, they are the same. Neither seems shoddy or poorly-made. They both run the same firmware, they both run Dingux, they both have the same specifications (ram, flash, etc).

So what does it matter who made them, or if they were made by different companies?

rekmk1

we need a review of this thing badly so we can all see what it is and what id does to put an end to this cos personally i dont care what it rips off if it does indeed rip anything off i just want to know if i should buy one or wait for the dingoo digital a330 or buy a wiz or whatever i am confused now i was going to order one till i read all this thread ???

darfgarf

we need a review of this thing badly so we can all see what it is and what id does to put an end to this cos personally i dont care what it rips off if it does indeed rip anything off i just want to know if i should buy one or wait for the dingoo digital a330 or buy a wiz or whatever i am confused now i was going to order one till i read all this thread ???
buying now vs waiting for the a330, we should know in a few days, as a few people have got theirs now, and more will in the next week or so (devs etc that is). 

dingoo vs wiz is another whole argument, but it comes down to the wiz being more expensive, and having worse battery life, but does have the touchscreen etc.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
I'm working on a review right now folks, patience :P

Only got the A330 yesterday, and these things take time. The developers should get theirs this week.