Author Topic: The New Dingoo  (Read 7028 times)

Jgoo

The New Dingoo
« on: November 14, 2010, 06:43:44 pm »
Are they working on it?

does it already have a name?

specs?

Jgoo

Re: The New Dingoo
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »
I mean an updated version of the dingoo 320
with a better processor, maybe a super amoled screen
better speakers

something like that

darfgarf

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 09:24:20 pm »
better speakers

something like that

right, keep dreaming

dingoo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:41:59 pm »
better speakers

something like that

right, keep dreaming

Haha, this made my day!  ;D
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

R0M4N

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »
Search for such news in Other Game Systems.
The upcoming dingoo-related devices are the gemei a330, the dingoo a320e (by DingooDigital), the dingoo a320e (by DingooTechnologie) and the Dingoo a330 (by Dingoo Digital) in that release date-order.

the DD's dingoo a320e will just be a rebranded gemei a330.
DT's dingoo a320e is ether a rebranded or faked/cloned a320e or a completly different device with stolen name.
The Dingoo a330 by DD is going to be much stronger than all these versions (supposedly using the CC1900 (ARM11 1.2GHz) or the upcoming CC2000), but the release date is unknown (I'd assume more than a year away by now).

Links: Gemei a330.....Dingoo a320e(DT).....Dingoo a320e(DD) and Dingoo a330(DD): HERE and HERE

better speakers
To answer your questions: I'm quite sure none of them will have an OLED-screen.
They will all have new/enhanced processors (over the dingoo a320).
The Gemei a330 has a extra sound-chip - the same apple uses, so it will have a better sound quality. But hardware-wise it will most likely have the same speakers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:54:00 pm by R0M4N »

darfgarf

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:03 pm »
The Gemei a330 has a extra sound-chip - the same apple uses, so it will have a better sound quality.

:D and this made my day, doesn't mean it's being used properly, or that it's a good chip at all, apple use cheap and just about quality enough hardware and just put it together into a shiny box to make it look like it works well

R0M4N

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »
@darfgarf

yep, I know. but better than no sound-chip at all -> better than dingoo a320's sound.
i looked it up: it's a audio decoder chip by CIRRUS
also the early reviews of the gemei a330 state, that the sound is quite good. so I'd assume that saying the sound is improved is no overstatement xD

pcercuei

• GitHub
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 08:53:13 pm »
@darfgarf

yep, I know. but better than no sound-chip at all -> better than dingoo a320's sound.
i looked it up: it's a audio decoder chip by CIRRUS
also the early reviews of the gemei a330 state, that the sound is quite good. so I'd assume that saying the sound is improved is no overstatement xD

And how the hell do you think the A320 can produce sound without a sound chip? ;)

darfgarf

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 09:32:57 pm »
And how the hell do you think the A320 can produce sound without a sound chip? ;)
:D it plays lots of teeny tiny instruments, didn't you see anything in your hackering?

dingoo

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 09:41:02 pm »

With a magic spell.  :P
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

R0M4N

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:21 am »
oh, shut up you guys  >:( :D
the dingoo has no SEPARATE audio decoding chipset, has it?

darfgarf

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:50 am »
oh, shut up you guys  >:( :D
the dingoo has no SEPARATE audio decoding chipset, has it?

not sure if it's seperate from the main soc, but it's got one, who says the new one has a physically seperate chip

then again it's like saying a snapdragon/cortex doesn't have a gpu, as it's not physically seperate form the soc

R0M4N

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 11:21:23 am »
not sure if it's seperate from the main soc, but it's got one, who says the new one has a physically seperate chip
okay, i thought the dingoo does the decoding also in the "maincore" (or wherever).
Well actually I don't know much about sound-hardware-differences.

I just read several month ago that one of the advantages of the gemei over the dingoo will be, that it'll have a nice separate sound decoding chipset, that will highly improve the audio-quality (actually gemei produces absolutely adequate pmps, so if they know something, than how to get a better sound) and make it e.g. possible to listen to music while playing games too (without suffering the loss of a dozen of frames or smoothness).
(Excuse me if I can't recall every single site I browsed month ago... Normally I always post the sources.)

darfgarf

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 11:24:16 am »
possible to listen to music while playing games too
depending on the chip it could make it simpler/easier i guess, though that's mainly a software/processing power problem, however it's done the software will still have to pipe the data to the chip, unless there's a way of telling it here's my .XXX file in memory, play it wench  ;D

Post a new topic
Post a new topic