Author Topic: Shenzhen Dingoo Digital is at it again...  (Read 19639 times)

blastyrant (OP)

Re: Shenzhen Dingoo Digital is at it again...
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 10:27:28 pm »
i've been dealing with a few shops and they have not received any word from dingoo technologies about the claim. which means its just more bullshit to add to the rumor mill. it would be nice if that guy at dingoo digital would just move on and do something else. this slander attempts aren't making him any money, and it makes me wonder what type of grudge you have to hold to slander your ex-company for a year.

darfgarf

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 10:31:21 pm »
and it makes me wonder what type of grudge you have to hold to slander your ex-company for a year.
he want's more money? or thinks he's the almighty god of everything because he owns the original domain name? happens to people

ddragoonss

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:34 am »
i've been dealing with a few shops and they have not received any word from dingoo technologies about the claim. which means its just more bullshit to add to the rumor mill. it would be nice if that guy at dingoo digital would just move on and do something else. this slander attempts aren't making him any money, and it makes me wonder what type of grudge you have to hold to slander your ex-company for a year.

And you don't think the sudden change to "PSP games A320"  wasn't the original company "doing something else"?

kswildside

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:22 am »
Check the website again it was a typo

Dude do you understand al the webstuff is contracted out to web design firms have you seen all the ebglish mis-spellings on chinese or asian for that matter websites?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:45:21 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

ddragoonss

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 05:36:17 am »
Check the website again it was a typo

Wasn't a typo, before it was dingoo A-320, dingoo A-330, dingoo A360, so they suddenly changed it to other name.

Maybe the PSP thing was a wrong thing, but do remove the dingoo brandname to a random name wasn't a "typo" or other kind of weak excuse.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:48:10 am by ddragoonss »

thismeinteil

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:57 am »
@ ddragonss

As DDU has pointed out already, why did the "original" Dingoo company wait 10 months to post anything on their News section?  He even pointed out that the Y/B fix was released by Dingoo Tech after the split.  Not only that, but Dingoo Tech has been selling accessories for the Dingoo A-320 for at least a month or more.  I'm sure DDU can fill us in on the actual date they started shipping those.  Where has Dingoo Digital been?  They haven't released anything since the split, at least as far as I know.  No accessories, firmware updates, nothing.  Wouldn't they want some of the action that Dingoo Tech has been getting these last 10 months?  Especially if they have the rights to it?  I find it funny that only until the release of the A-330, do they feel the need to speak up.  BTW it still says Dingoo A-320 and A-330 in the description.

ddragoonss

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 09:35:04 am »
@ ddragonss

Where has Dingoo Digital been?  They haven't released anything since the split, at least as far as I know.  No accessories, firmware updates, nothing.

You think ALL the dingoo from dealextreme(it's not a small store, various people buy from there) is made from materialized dreams and love?

This store always sell and are still selling dingoos made from shenzhen dingoo digital, how did I know that?
1-They tell it, the customers in DX don't want HK-dingoos, so they never would sell it.
2-The name shenzhen dingoo digital in the boxes.
3-In these dingoos, the link in the "system>about" is dingoo888.cn, not dingoo.hk.

So don't come here saying dingoo digital is dead because they aren't.

Open your narrow-minded view, it's really easy and confortable trust dogmatically in something/someone without hear the other side of history, but it's the correct thing to do?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:39:12 am by ddragoonss »

ricsi

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 10:23:27 am »
thinks he's the almighty god of everything because he owns the original domain name?

I do not really care what company is making what.
As long as they are not forced by legal action to stop making the HW.

BUT I do not really think it is ONLY the domain name.
If it were only the domain name, than why form a NEW company?

Also regarding the "typo" on dingoo.hk ... for me a typo is a mustake (oops) you do once out of error.
They made the SAME "typo" on the same page several times ... does NOT match my definition of typo.

But again back on topic. As long as they add VALUE (updated emulators utilizing all the RAM they added to the system, updating firmware with new features, add new functionality ...) they can call it sdakjfhaskldf a330 ... I do not really care, as long as they are not forced by legal actions of others to stop manufacturing the new and improved sdakjfhaskldf a330.

darfgarf

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 10:28:11 am »
Open your narrow-minded view, it's really easy and confortable trust dogmatically in something/someone without hear the other side of history, but it's the correct thing to do?
reverse that and ask yourself it

ricsi

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 11:03:52 am »
also confusion on dealextreme forums:

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Default.dx/sku.23032~threadid.608866

I would be really interested in the background of the DX - dingoo.hk history.

They really, really have a problem with dingoo tech - I have no clue what happened there

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 12:30:05 pm »
reverse that and ask yourself it

^ This.

And ddragoonss, don't say "I'm ready to accept other ideas if there's evidence duhhurhduhr", because you obviously have picked a side, and are apparently ignoring a TON of evidence just to stick to your side.

@ ddragonss

Where has Dingoo Digital been?  They haven't released anything since the split, at least as far as I know.  No accessories, firmware updates, nothing.

Also, ddragoonss, I don't think thismeinteil is saying that DD no longer sells anything. I think what he's saying is that DD haven't been able to produce new things since the split. Like new models, accessories, firmware updates, etc... like Dingoo Tech has been doing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:42:12 pm by Jesse »

flatmush

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 12:50:47 pm »
@ ddragonss

Where has Dingoo Digital been?  They haven't released anything since the split, at least as far as I know.  No accessories, firmware updates, nothing.

Also, ddragoonss, I don't think thismeinteil is saying that DD no longer sells anything. I think what he's saying is that DD haven't been able to produce new things since the split. Like new models, accessories, firmware updates, etc... like Dingoo Tech has been doing.

Dingoo Technologies has made no actual changes to the firmware that I can see. All their modifications are purely aesthetic and could easily have been done with homebrew tools. The new A330 shows this clearly by the fact that the firmware on it has no access to the updated RAM and by the way that the wireless gamepad interface is hardwired.

Makes me very dubious of the whole thing, I'd feel happier if I could see proof that they actually have access to the OS source code.

gibberish

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 01:17:56 pm »
why are people saying dingoo digital are not manufacturing anything anymore?

dingoo digital have never stopped production of the original dingoo, it is the only one that DX sells and DX have been buying the A320 from the same people since the very beginning around 18 months ago. i bought a new one from there less than a month ago. when asked about the a330 the staff at dingoo digital claimed it was a fake.

i dont know why you people are so stubborn to the fact that dingoo tech are the bad guys in all of this. they are the manufacturers of the HK dingoo and they are the manufacturers of the fraudulent and overall shit "Dingoo a330", sorry i mean "PSP a330", no whoops i mean "Games a330"  :-X
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:21:37 pm by gibberish »

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 01:51:44 pm »
why are people saying dingoo digital are not manufacturing anything anymore?
Who is saying that?

There are no "bad guys".

A company split. Now one company is trying to sell more units by spreading rumors about the other company. These units in question (the A320's) are identical. That's all that is going on here. There are no shoddy fakes.

All that "pawed/unpawed" and "HK/non-HK" stuff doesn't really mean anything. There are slightly different versions on Dingoo hardware floating around, but an HK on the serial number is no real indicator of anything or the problems it may have. There is nothing necessarily inferior about HK units, as many people can verify.

Do you understand this? How many more times must it be said?

And you don't even have an A330 yet. So what are you saying? Even if it's just an A320 with better shoulder buttons, that makes it crap? So you think the A320 is crap?

You are acting like an idiot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:44:32 pm by Jesse »

thismeinteil

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »
@ Jesse

Thanks.  That's exactly what I meant.  Probably should have clarified it a little better, though.  To me, all signs point to what DDU has been telling us all along.  That after the split, most of the original staff left to form Dingoo Tech.  I know my silicone glove and carrying pouch were made by them.  And I'm pretty sure DDU has said that Dingoo Tech are the ones who released the update that fixed the infamous Y/B bug, as well as some codec bugs in the video player.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:09:56 pm by thismeinteil »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic