Author Topic: LetCool Firmware Update 2.1 - Mirror  (Read 22588 times)

Swift_Hawk

LetCool Firmware Update 2.1 - Mirror
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:19:09 am »
Reason for Edit: New Step-By-Step as well as listing Offical Letcool Firmware site / listing changed noted since firmware 1.00 to 2.1

Official Letcool N350JP 2.1 Firmware Update
http://www.letcool.net/resources/support.shtml

Letcool N350JP 2.1 Firmware update
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZ6YMZ6H

Changes from 1.00 to 2.1
-SNES Keys Remapped (L+R buttons function as L+R buttons and no longer Volume Controls) - Firmware 2.0
-SNES Functionality has been improved slightly compered to last firmware 2.0
-Background changed from PSP style blue background to flowery orange background

How-To - Step by Step
1 - Download Rar from Mirror And/or Official Website
2 - Back up ALL Data from MC (Memory Card) and the Letcool
3 - Place files within the Rar (1.img,Config.ini,Images_RedBoot_201000427.img,isp) into the Root of the MC
4 - On the Letcool, go to Settings ( Briefcase Icon to far Right)
5 - Click on System Information
6 - Click on TF card
7 - A message will state to not turn off the power and/or disconnect the letcool from a power source. Click on Yes.
RECOMMENDED : Plug your Letcool into an the wall with an AC to USB connection. If you don't have one, it will still work but make sure your Letcool is fully charged.
8 - A new message will state "Start Upgrade now?", click on yes once again
9 - The Letcool will start the upgrade which is about 4-5 minutes, once completed, the screen will start to fade and restart.
10 - After Restard, the flash should be complete

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:32:08 am by Swift_Hawk »

bowz

Re: LetCool Firmware Update 2.1 - Mirror
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 05:32:21 pm »
How do you know if the update worked?  Does the firmware change show up in the system information tab?  Mine says all zero's.

Captain Francis

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:34:59 pm »
Mine says all zeros also, I've been wondering if that's normal.

Especially since it seems like either my SD card is defective or the Letcool keeps erasing/corrupting it.   Also my Letcool seems to turn itself on once in a while when it's just sitting around with nothing touching it.  o.O

bowz

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:00:21 am »
Yep-mine also mysteriously turns on by itself for a second or two, then shuts off.

quartercast

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:12 am »
Ditto. When it happens in the middle of the night, it's just freaky.

renejr902

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:38:21 am »
So, is it better to not upgrade to 2.1 ? i will receive mine soon, i dont want it to become freak.

is it happen only with the mirror or it will happen with the original firmware from the Letcool web site

THANKS FOR ANSWER.  Please be honest. 

Swift_Hawk

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 02:10:54 am »
This firmware is from the Letcool site, Exactly how it was packaged. I have not changed anything. The reason for the mirror is the Letcool site can be abit harsh. Took me 12 hours to download it with a 30mb/s connection.

As far as I can tell, Letcool doesn't tell you what firmware is installed. As far as I can, it will always list itself as a full series of 00.00.00.00.

You might want to check the "Descriptive" area within the Firmware - If it shows as "0Aug 28 2010", then you should be on the right build. Another way to tell is the background. Firmware 2.0 and down had a PSP style type (Blue with brighter blue ribbons) while 2.1 has orange background with flower vines.

I've noticed no real improvement for SNES emulation but alot of games are playable (Earthbound on the road,oh,how I love thee) - but the Megadrive (Sega Genesis) emulation is pretty spot on with NES.

I'm going to go ahead and rewrite the "How-to" for flashing the Firmeware so it's more clear.

Captain Francis

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »
So, is it better to not upgrade to 2.1 ? i will receive mine soon, i dont want it to become freak.

is it happen only with the mirror or it will happen with the original firmware from the Letcool web site

THANKS FOR ANSWER.  Please be honest.  

I upgraded long before there was a mirror, I got mine straight from the Letcool website.   Besides, a mirror is just another place to download from, the software itself is the same.

I had just gotten mine and upgraded it from whatever version was on it. From the stock version to 2.1 I did get noticeably better frame rates for SNES (and, of course, the L/R button fix.)

I noticed the last time it turned on was 00:00.   I'd have to check to see if it's permanently at 00:00 because I never reset the time or if it's turning on at 00:00 regularly.   (I had to remove the battery a number of times, and lost the time setting each time, I forget if I ever bothered to reset it.)  

I like how I can use it on a TV with two controllers.  It's much easier to carry to someone else's house than a bunch of consoles and carts.

(Edited for typos)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:18:24 pm by Captain Francis »

bowz

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 01:52:05 am »
What does your screen do while the file is updating?  My screen says "updating starting via TF card", then it freezes.  I waited another 10 min, then pressed the yes button again, then it took me to a screen that has a return button on it.
When it freezes there, I'll hold down the power button, and the screen fades out like a bad movie ending, and then it shuts off.
Works fine when I turn it back on, but the update isn't there.

Captain Francis

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:01:51 am »
BTW, confirmed 3 days in a row.  My Letcool turns itself on when it's clock hits midnight.    ???

Good thing it has auto shut-off.

Swift_Hawk

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 07:27:23 pm »
@ Bowz

Format your MC on the Letcool and try again,plus make sure the flash files are on the ROOT of the MC card. It should show "thinking" icon, for the life of me, I can't remember what it looks like but it does take some of time. The fading like a bad movie, that's normally at the end of the flash.

@ Captain Francis

Check your alarm maybe? Did you also try re flashing?

MortiSNZ

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 05:49:18 am »
i tried the mirror and the download failed and the official site says it'll take 20 hours to download.

my friend downloaded it for me and i uploaded it here

http://www.4shared.com/file/r0oklXjn/jp350v21.html
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:44:55 am by MortiSNZ »

Captain Francis

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 11:13:00 pm »
@ Bowz

Format your MC on the Letcool and try again,plus make sure the flash files are on the ROOT of the MC card. It should show "thinking" icon, for the life of me, I can't remember what it looks like but it does take some of time. The fading like a bad movie, that's normally at the end of the flash.

@ Captain Francis

Check your alarm maybe? Did you also try re flashing?

The alarm is not set.   The SD card is still randomly losing all data and causing the Letcool to hang.  (Hang, as in I need to unscrew the battery compartment and remove the battery to turn it off.)

Also, plugging it into a USB type charger sometimes causes it to hang.  Some times but not others.  Don't know why. 

I'm rather dissatisfied with it so far.   I hope there's another update soon that will fix at least some of these things.

I'll try to redo the update again when I have the patience.   I haven't touched it in several days.

ticaw

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 07:55:09 pm »

How-To - Step by Step
1 - Download Rar from Mirror And/or Official Website
2 - Back up ALL Data from MC (Memory Card) and the Letcool
3 - Place files within the Rar (1.img,Config.ini,Images_RedBoot_201000427.img,isp) into the Root of the MC

I dont have a memory card. Do i need one to instal?

Inflamesgod

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 07:39:30 pm »
I'm just wondering if 2.1 is worth it? I'm still on 2.0, but button mapping for GBA and SNES is still freaky at times. Let me know if you've found a firmware update that fixes R+L. I don't care if it's custom or not, as long as the R+L work I'm sold.

Xenrid

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 05:34:37 am »
Hello Inflamesgod,

The official 2.1 firmware is good, but it will not fix the R+L issues for GBA emulation.  For that I would recommend the 2.2 custom firmware created by lsd_blottr.  I use this firmware with no issues.

Good Luck!

PremiumSaltine

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 10:49:31 pm »
EDIT: Nevermind. I just had to look on the forums harder.