Author Topic: JXD A1000 on it's way - and I haven't a clue what I'm doing  (Read 1662 times)

wv1 (OP)

JXD A1000 on it's way - and I haven't a clue what I'm doing
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:33:09 am »
Howdy all!
OK, on a lark I bought my son an AFUNTA JXD A1000 because he was bugging me for a GBA to play old pokemon games.  Came across this an bought it.  So, decided to poke around the internet to find out stuff about it, leading me here. It appears the A1000 is built on the SPMP8000 platform, for lack of a better term.  Now, I'm sure I can figure out where to find some ROM files to check it out.  My question is this - can you load other emulators, e.g MAME4ALL onto this device?  I have been a huge MAME fan since the late 1990's.  Also interested in a Colecovision or C64  emulator.  I see a lot of people suggesting the Dingoo A320 or A380 as well.  I'm not above buying multiple devices to play with.  Anyway, will continue surfing the site and learning more and any direction is well appreciated (particularly if there is a "how to" sticky somewhere.
DrPhil

wv1 (OP)

Re: JXD A1000 on it's way - and I haven't a clue what I'm doing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »
So - received it today.  Hooked it up to my computer and ran Avira AV on it and found 4 copies of TR/Dropper.Gen

Interesting, and not at all surprising.  Now to find out how to update the Bios.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic