• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Wireless Sega Saturn gamepad (RF)  (Read 5584 times)

cruelcynic (OP)

Wireless Sega Saturn gamepad (RF)
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:16:43 pm »
I got this in today and thought a few of you here might find it interesting. I have been looking for a real wireless Sega Saturn controller for a long time. I recently cam across a gentleman in Germany that has makes wireless universal transceiver control units in small batches as a hobby.
http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5180.0
His controllers work with all his receivers. I hope to get a Genesis receiver next so I can play Sonic with my Saturn gamepad. Micro designed the PCB, programs the chips, and populates the boards all himself from what I can tell. The custom PCBs manufactured for his most recent design gives the controller something like 19 hours of battery life. I have been playing for a few hours and have yet to notice any lag or missed inputs. It was a bit expensive but with all the work he put into it I am very happy.

The controller looks official. The led sits flush and everything still feels right. If I did not know better I would say it was made by Sega.

Pardue

• GamingGems
Re: Wireless Sega Saturn gamepad (RF)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:46:12 am »
So wait, you said he could make another receiver for Genesis. Does that mean you can use two different receivers with the same gamepad?

And yeah... that price is waaaay to steep!!

cruelcynic (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 09:42:41 pm »
Does that mean you can use two different receivers with the same gamepad?

Yup. He has an older video that shows him using the same gamepad on the snes, Genesis and Saturn.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:11:43 am »
Wow, then that's pretty cool!

I've never been too attached to the Saturn controller but I know a surprisingly large chunk of gamers consider it to the be the bonafide second coming of Christ, so the price is steep but I can see how some people would justify it.

Eh, just not for me. But I'll probably get a knock off USB Saturn pad sometime in the future.

cruelcynic (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:08 pm »
Ya I would definitely not recommend for anyone that just needs a usb pad. In my living room my couch just sits about half a foot farther than the cord reaches. I really hate using extension cords as well. I think the crowd that would like this is rather small. People that have classic systems hooked up to big screens with scalers is about it I imagine. Good timing for me as Dragon Force 2 translation project was just finished and I have yet to play it. :D

mauromartins

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 11:06:52 am »
Saturn control has 6 front buttons (perfect for playing fighting games) and 2 shoulder buttons. This way you can play almost 16-bit and arcade game properly.

Post a new topic