Author Topic: Whats your Console/Gaming History?  (Read 15643 times)

fenixt

Re: Whats your Console/Gaming History?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 12:53:07 am »
Nintendo (xmas of '87)
Gameboy
Sega Genesis
Game Gear
*big gap*
Gameboy Advance (original, then SP)
PS2 (fat and slim)
PSP 1000
Xbox 360
Wii (kids and wife)
DS to DSlite (kids and wife)
PSP Go

*big gap is from starting to live with Scrooge McDad. I've stretched those systems for a longgg time.

trickyhero

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 02:41:49 am »
Man you guys make me feel like a little kid  ;)
PS1: I was very little, my Dad played just as much, Driver and Zoombombafo were amazing
PS2: I had an insane amout of games on this concsle. I got  a sega collection, and Mega man collection that began my retro gaming.
Wii: It was cheaper, so I got it, and at the time we didn't have a HD TV. It turned me into more of an nintendo fan. Also the virtual concsle was preety cool for some retro gaming.
PS3: Had some really good games, but probally my most disapointing concscle, though I still like alot of games on it.

Meanwhille I had portables too: I had some crappy handheld, then I realized I wanted some GBA in my life.
GBA: I loved that thing, I didn't have too many games, but I started liking more RPGs, and 2d platformers because of it.
DS: Was an awesome handheld, but it broke on me, and I didn't play it as much as the GBA games for some reason.
PSP: My uncle gave me this, I managed to emulate some games, but it quickly broke :(

Nowadays I like looking into the history of videogames with sweet concscles emulated like Atari's and such  :)

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 10:00:39 pm »
Man you guys make me feel like a little kid  ;)
Nowadays I like looking into the history of videogames with sweet concscles emulated like Atari's and such  :)

I think its cool you realize you have so many generations of gaming to enjoy. Although I'm young enough that video games have always been a part of my life, there are very few games older than myself I can claim to have played. The only ones that come to mind are Space Wars and Zork (still never played a working Pong cabinet or home machine...).

THROUGHOUT HISTORY
Arcades. Even back when I needed a stepstool to play Space Invaders, from the time I was old enough to press a button, wiggle a joystick, or roll a trackball, I've been an arcade gamer. I can't remember what the first game I played was, but I can (vaguely) remember a time when most arcade machines still had B+W monitors (if they even had video displays at all). Nowadays finding an odd machine or even an entire arcade is a rare treat, if I come across one and I've got time I'll usually play a credit, but I only actually plan trips to arcades that I know have ITG and/or some Bemani games.

PREHISTORY
Before I had console gaming in my home, my appetite was whetted by visits to friends and family, many of whom had some sort of console. Atari 2600, 5200, Intellivision, and later NES. Of all of these, the NES was the only one I liked enough to beg for one of my own. But before the NES came out, I was begging for (any) computer. Although I hadn't any hands-on experience with computers, I was under the impression (probably gleaned from unrealistic depictions in TV and movies) that a computer would be more fun than a game console. The wider variety of types of games (and other software), the greater range of input options provided by a keyboard over the few buttons on a controller, and above all the ability to program your own games added up to = "more fun" in my mind. This leads to...

CHILDHOOD HISTORY
- Commodore 16
Got this when I was in kindergarten. Never had any actual games for it, but the included keyboarding cartridge was gamelike enough for me. It's thanks to this machine that I learned to type before I learned to write. Never did any programing with it, the little time I spent without the keyboarding cartridge plugged in I just doodled on the screen with text graphics, only dabbling with a few BASIC commands to change the colors. I had no monitor, so it had to share with the livingroom TV. Spent very little time with it, bit of a missed opportunity, but my experience with the C16 did prepare me for my next machine.

- Commodore 64C
This is the one, right here. The machine that defined my childhood. A year after the C16, I got a C64C, this time a complete system with monitor, floppy drive, and printer plotter (no modem, though). I tried to make a real effort at learning to program this time, but I only managed to make some CYOA-style games, math and reaction tests, and a few simple SID tunes. The lack of inspiration probably came from the already impressive library of games on the C64, I just couldn't think of any kind of game I wanted to make that hadn't already been done. Most of my "programming" time was just modifying shareware games, tweaking them to my tastes.

- NES
Although the C64 was pretty popular in my neighborhood, at some point the amount of friends I had who had an NES outnumbered those who had a C64, and I started to feel a bit left out. I don't think I begged too hard for an NES, more like dropping hints, as there wasn't any "must have" game on it for me. It was more like childhood peer pressure, it felt like I was the only kid without an NES. It was Xmas of either '89 or '90 that I got an NES with SMB2, and I was pretty happy. Eventually I discovered Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy and developed my love of RPGs, which informed my console purchasing decisions from then on. Speaking of which, this was the last childhood console that was given to me as a gift, from then on all my games were purchased with my own money (with a few exeptions).

ADOLESCENCE - ADULT HISTORY
Some of these may not be in the correct chronological order, due to gaps in my memory. The circumstances upon which I acquired these consoles was not always memorable...

- Game Boy
The original brick of solid Nintendnium. Since this was before I started working and I never got an allowance as a kid, the only reason I got this was beacuse I found a wad  of bills on the ground outside a pool hall.

- SNES
Renting Secret of Mana and playing it on my friend's system convinced me "I need this". The paltry budget from the few odd jobs I had done at the time meant that I could only afford to buy the game itself. So I did, and was limited to playing SoM at my friend's house until I could afford a SNES of my own. This became the major time and money sink of my teen years, as I collected Square's entire NA catalog and other RPGs.

- 3DO
I was never too impressed with this. I only got it because a friend who needed money sold it to me for super cheap. As an RPGamer, this system doesn't have much to offer me. Guardian War is pretty dull, and I'm still looking to find Lucienne?s Quest for a reasonable price.

- Playstation
Like the SNES before, I spent a few years playing on a friend's system before I picked one up for myself. The early days of the PS1 didn't offer much in the way of RPGs.  Beyond the Beyond, Suikoden, and Wild Arms were alright, but I felt they weren't really taking advantage of the new hardware, they could have easily been made for the SNES. That opinion changed when FFVII came out. I was in army AIT by this time, so I had my Playstation and a tiny TV stashed in my foot locker to play for a little while each night before lights-out. Good times.

- Saturn
While in the army, I fell in love with the arcade game X-Men vs. Street Fighter. I wanted a home version, so of course that meant I needed a Saturn.

- Sega CD-X
I liked the Sonic, Shining Force, and Phantasy Star games when I was a kid, but I never wanted a Genesis for myself. Having been spoiled by the sweet sounds of the SNES, the harsh synth of the Genesis was just too grating on my ears. I saw this at a flea market for $60, and picked it up just to play the Lunar games. Since it also had a cartridge port, I also later added some of those games I liked as a kid to my collection. Also got the Power Base Converter just to play the entire Phantasy Star series from the beginning.

- Nomad
Found on clearance at a Toys R Us for about $40. In hindsight, I shoulda kept it in the box for the collector's value. The combination of barely-portable hugeness, crappy battery life, and blurry screen make this my least-played system. Trying to play it with a tower of Sonic 3 locked-on to Sonic & Knuckles locked-on to a Game Genie while riding the bus was good for a few lulz.

- Neo Geo Pocket Color
I picked up a couple of these used with some games after the system's spectacular failure. When I heard that all unsold units were being shipped back to Japan, I wasn't expecting to have much fun with it and just bought it thinking I'd later make some money on an increased collector's value later. I was wrong on both counts! It's super fun, and the system and its games are still cheap and widely available today.

- Game Boy Color
At some point I sold my original Game Boy and most of my games, keeping only a few of my favorites to play on the Super Game Boy. Later on I missed the portability of these games (probably around the time I got into Pokemon), so I got the GBC. In retrospect, I could've gone with a Game Boy Pocket instead, as I only own one "Class C" (GBC only) game, which was given to me as a gift, and a few "Class B" (Dual Mode) games, most of which the extra colors don't really add much. The later GBA made the GBC even more superfluous.

- Dreamcast
A pitifully short lifespan. Limited game selection. Funky controllers. Memory cards with a silly portable minigame gimmic that burned through CR2032s almost as bad as the Nomad burned through AAs. Proprietary optical disc medium with a high hardware fail rate. Despite these flaws, the Dreamcast remains my most beloved console. It brought out some of my most compulsive gaming tendancies. Getting lost in the minutiae of Shenmue. Spending 50+ hours straight playing Grandia II. Staying up into the wee hours of the night with an international crowd on Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast's lack of resistance to unsigned code also made it my gateway drug to the world of console homebrew.

- Game Boy Advance
I forget when or why I got this. I think the first game I got for it was Castlevania Circle of the Moon. Hoping for a continuation of that beloved Symphony of the Night action, I was sadly dissappointed. The GBA wasn't a complete letdown though. In the days before the Dingoo, it gave me the chance to replay some of my S/NES favorites portably (the Mario and Final Fantasy Advance series in particular).

- GBA SP
Not the lit screen. Not the folding form factor. I got this because it was the "Classic NES Limited Edition" model. Nintendo punched me right in the nostalgias. I also got the classic NES Series Metroid, and finally beat that game on the GBA SP that I never mananged to finish the original NES. The addition of the battery backup to eliminate the hassle of writing passwords was a big plus there!

- Playstation 2
Like the original Playstation, I was unimpressed with the first few years of the PS2's game library. The closing of the US PSO servers left a hole in my gamer's heart, and Final Fantasy XI was more than enough to fill it. This console still gets quite a workout today, mostly with the Bemani series.

- ColecoVision
In my circle of friends, I'm known as "the gamer". I'm certainly not the only one who plays videogames, but I do have the most extensive collection out of all my friends, and I'm usually seen with a portable console wherever I go. Because of my reputation, people often dump their unwanted games on me. I try to accept gracefully even if it's something don't particularly want or already have, this is how I ended up with 2 copies Crystalis and The Bard's Tale for NES. I suspect this is also how I ended up with a ColecoVision. I can't prove it though, as it showed up on my front porch anonymously in an unmarked box, like a Doorstop Baby or abandoned box of free kittens, and none of my friends have ever owned up to donating it. It was in pretty sorry shape, just the console, power supply, 3 controllers and a loose collection of games covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs, no boxes, instructions, or keypad overlay cards. All it took was a little love ("love" meaning taking apart the console and controllers, scrubbing away the accumulated cobwebs, dirt, and dust, cleaning the contacts on the cartridges the best I could, and scrounging up an RF adaptor), and I had it working good as new! There were a few semi-rare games in the box, so I was hoping after getting my fill I could sell it off to a collector for a nice sum, but before I got the chance it was burgled from my apartment. Easy come, easy go I guess... :(

- Dingoo A320
The reason I'm here! ;) I had been into emulation since the Nesticle days, but something just didn't feel right about playing classic console games on the PC. Playing emulators on Dreamcast and PS2 was a little better, but it still felt like something was missing. If only there was a console made specifically for emulation, that you didn't need to hack to get emulators working, oh and it should be portable, but also let you plug it into the TV.. One day while reading a thread about emulation on 99chan's /vg/ board, I see a post about the Dingoo A320. And everything went from wrong to right. And the stars came out to fill up the sky. The music you were playing really blew my mind. It was love at first sight.

- EGP1000
Only bought it because it was on sale for $10. Although it is the only handheld I have that does decent PS1 emulation, it gets more use playing movies than games.

- Dingoo A330
One major complaint on the A320 is how easy it is to break. I'm such a klutz, I've already gone through 3. This most recent replacement was not intended to be an upgrade, it was just the best deal I could find on ebay at the time. Although I admit, the wireless controller makes it a lot more enjoyable to play on the TV than the A320, or any of my other emulator handhelds.

- LetCool N350JP
Meh. Another handheld I only bought because I found it on sale.

- Gemei A330
See above. This one has better controls than most Chinese handhelds, but the weird staggered-pixel screen ruins it.

- PAP-GAMETA
Although I've been able to see a bright side to the other underwhelming non-dingoo handhelds, this is the only I actually regret purchasing.

- NDS
Picked up for $30 at this year's MGC, with the intention of playing some cool homebrew. Intention fulfilled, my R4 card gets more play than all the commercial software I own for it combined. I've recently noticed a lot of DS games that look interesting, so this situation might reverse in the future.

- GCW-Zero Special Edition
BOOYAKA. Although the Dingoo, LetCool, and Gemei still see occasional new releases, this is the one with the most potential. Easily my current favorite.

- Playstation 3
Another gift I never asked for, I only have it because I got it for free. Gets even less play than the ColecoVision did, my PS3 has no games. Maybe if I could figure out how to get homebrew working on it...

- 2DS
Bought this just play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, and aside from a few demos from the eShop and some videos, that's all I've played on it.

FUTURE HISTORY

I'm pretty happy with what I've got now. I do have the Revelations: Persona remake sitting on my shelf with no way to play it (yet another unsolicited gift), so perhaps a cheap used PSP will be in my future...
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

2DTRON

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »
I'm 32 so a few to remember - can't promise they are in order! Ha.

Burger Time by Tandy
Atari 2600 jr
Master system 2
Gameboy
PC
Game Gear
Super Nintendo
N64
Dreamcast
Game Boy colour
PS One
XBOX *
PSP
Nintendo Wii*
3DS
iOS *
BAS (Jamma Cab) *
Game Cube! Haha *
s7800 *
That was fun, had a good few memories spring back to me in the process. Took me bloody ages!!!

Thanks man!

(still own *)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:39:24 pm by 2DTRON »
Shoot the core!

ajsuson

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »
The Console I/we claim
NES (aka Family Computer)
-Super Mario Bros
-Super Mario Bros 3
-Donald Land
-Star Force
-Xevious
-Tetris 2 + Bombliss
-Donald Land
-Mighty Bomb Jack
-Battle City (aka Tank Battalion)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
-Crisis Force
-Super Mario Bros 4 (alternative of Armadillo)
-Double Dragon
-Double Dragon 2
-Double Dragon 3
-B-Wings
-Magmax
-Kid Niki 2
-Rolling Thunder
-Son Son

Playstation (so many and I lost count on it)

Nintendo DS (so many and I lost count on it)

Console I never claim but can be borrowed/rent:
Gameboy
-Super Mario Land
-Mickey Mouse (alternate version of Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2)
-Motocross Maniacs
-Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs Big Break (obtained)
-Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
-Gargoyles Quest
-Pipe Dream

SNES
-Super Mario World
-Final Fight 2
-Congos Coper
-Tiny Toon Adventure
-Alien 3
-Adams Family
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4

Sega Genesis
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2
-Castle of Illusion
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Rolling Thunder 2

Playstation 2 (unable to count)

Sega Dreamcast
-Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
-Power Stone 2
-House of the Dead 2
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:01:53 pm by ajsuson »

AncientGamer

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 01:43:30 am »
OK, guess I've been lurking in this forum long enough, here's my first post :)

My console history, in as close to chronological order as I can remember:

Atari 2600
NES
SMS
Genesis
Turbografx-16/PCE
GameBoy
Lynx
SNES
Atari 7800
GameGear
Sega CD (original front loading model, later the top loading model)
32X
Master System II
TurboCD
Saturn
Jaguar
Playstation
Dreamcast
GBA
GameCube
N64
Playstation 2
GBA SP
DS
Wii
PS3
DS Lite
PSP
3DS (original)
OUYA (if you count it)

Computers:

some sinclair (it was my Dad's, I was maybe 4 or 5 when he got it)
TI-994A
C64
C128
Amiga 1000
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200
Various windows based PCs

Other noteworthy things:
Xperia Play, bought cheap off ebay a few years ago.  Never activated on a carrier, strictly for fun
iPad (original, got super cheap when it was new)
elocity a7 android tablet (possibly the first tegra 2 device in the US)

On the way:
Ordered a GPD g5a last week from willgoo, still awaiting shipping

Probably forgot something, guess I can live with it.

Edit: forgot the trusty old Master System II
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:47:00 am by AncientGamer »

rushmore

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 06:53:37 pm »
Atari, Vectrex, C64, NES, Master System, Gameboy, Amiga, Lynx, Gamegear, Turbografx Portable, Genesis, SNES, Turbografx, Dreamcast, PS1, Xbox, Neopocket, PSP, Wii, PS2, PS3

freakrocker

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 04:37:10 am »
Im surelly missing something and i didnt even started, anyways here it goes...

Famiclone as a kid, lots of them
PC with Windows 98
playstation 2
psp
plystation
nintendo 64
super nintendo
Wii
NES
3ds
xbox 360
dsi
ds lite
game boy color
game boy advance
game boy advance sp
Wii U

deBeauharnais

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »
I may be the youngest one here...
Also my parents never let me own a non-handheld console.

- Game boy color
- Game boy advance
- Game boy advance SP (my favorite)

- A GCW-Zero (I still cannot believe I managed to get one)
- A Revo k101 (it just has been shipped)

- I also own a rare game and watch Lion

This is why I love game boy games, though I begin to know older games, thanks to youtube and emulation.
Edit: GBA teached me to appreciate old snes games too...

ets

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 02:54:09 pm »
(Number in brackets indicates age) Hmm, PSX(2-5), PS2(3-7), Gamecube(6-13), Sega megadrive(5-14) and gameboy colour(10-12, Psp (8-13) DS (10) Xbox 360 (8-12) PS3 (13-Present) and finally Ipega pg 9700 (14, Present time)

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 01:31:08 pm »
198X some soviet arcades at movies
1989 ZX Spectrum (still loving its games; my first one was Glug-Glug)
1991 NES
1994 Megadrive
1996 PC (first one - Pentium 200 MMX, second one was Celeron 900 in 1999, ASUS A7S in 2006, ASUS EeePC 1000H in 2008 and Lenovo IdeaCentre B520 in 2011)
2000 DreamCast (unfortunately, its perished after few hours of play so I've returned it to the vendor next day and bought new top videocard for my PC)
2001 Gameboy Advance
2002 PlayStation 2 (now defuncted, because its DVD-ROM is dead)
2005 PSP (and in 2007 I've bought refurbished cheap second unit; both still works)
2009 first Android device (Viewsonic VievPad 7)
2011 first Android gaming handheld (JXD S5110; now I have nine of them)
2012 GP2X F200 (for collection's sake mostly, though I really like its design)
2013 OUYA & GameStick
2014 nVidia Shield
(looks like) 2014 GCW Zero

Doubledragon

• Gamestick Gaming
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 05:48:18 am »
Nes, Sega Master System, Super Nes, PSOne, PS2, 360, Ouya, MK808B, Gamestick

I'm the real Bimmy Lee.  Jimmy is my brother.
http://www.gamestickgaming.webs.com/interviews

jamesensor

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 03:22:56 pm »
2002 PlayStation 2 (now defuncted, because its DVD-ROM is dead)
You can always try to connect it to your pc and run games from network.

2011 first Android gaming handheld (JXD S5110; now I have nine of them)

Lol you're a hoarder!  ;D

My stuff:

TVgame with 1000 games (8-bit with duck hunt, multiple versions of contra, balloon fight, Mappy, etc)
Atari knockoff with 1000 games (tank wars, cowboy duel, frogs catching flies, superman, E.T., etc)
Spectrum 48k and later 128k (Renegade, Exolon, Back to School... ahhh...)
Master System, Game Gear and then Mega Drive (Streets of Rage, Mortal Kombat, Alex Kid, Centurion Defender of Rome, Pirates Gold..)
Saturn (Sega Rally, Daytona,..)
Playstation (Wrestlemania, Dragon Ball Z Legends, Gran Turismo I & II, metal gear etc)
Playstation 2 (GOD HAND!, Jaws, WWE 2010-12)
Xbox (soft modded wth custom hd) (emulation, Halo...)
PSP (3000 and Go) (Gladiator Begins, Patapon, emulation...)
Tablet Ainol Aurora II
And finally, IreadyGo's Much i5, for emulation, mostly.

Oh.. I ended up in writing more out of nostalgia this time, recalling the games I used to play more...  :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:43:16 pm by jamesensor »
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2014, 08:58:24 am »
I've been out of PC emu-scene for almost ten years (since 2005) but somehow I've heard that nowadays one can forget about PS2 and PC connection, and play PS2 games right on PC via emulator :D.

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:27 pm »
Felt this was relevant to the thread:

Spanish photographer Javier Laspiur has created a series titled ?Controllers? which documents classic game controllers from the last 3 decades. His series is simple. On each photo of a controller, he doesn?t record the year the device came out, but the first year in which he played that system.

Check out his gallery for the individual photos.

I've been out of PC emu-scene for almost ten years (since 2005) but somehow I've heard that nowadays one can forget about PS2 and PC connection, and play PS2 games right on PC via emulator :D.

I just run the game ISOs directly from the PS2's internal HDD. Using Free McBoot to run HDLoader from the memory card so the DVD-ROM drive is not needed at all.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

jamesensor

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:47 pm »
Lucky you, having the old ps2 with the expansion bay. It's possible to do that through ethernet cable plugged on a computer but it complicates a  bit, as it depends on more hardware to play. Directly plugged on the 1.0 usb ports, videos get choppy because o the speed. But nevertheless it is interesting to mess with these things.  :D
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

Melquiades

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 12:25:23 pm »
Like a lot of Spaniards, I started with a ZX Spectrum 48K. This was my computer during the eighties, although it broke around '90.

In the summer of '92 I broke a leg and an arm while bicycling and received a Game Boy as a consolation.

In '94 I sold the GB, saved up a lot and bought a Megadrive.

In '97 I got my first PC a Pentium 100. Somewhere around here I sold the Megadrive. To this day I regret it.

In 2002 I got a new PC, a Pentium 4. Used mainly for porn, I am afraid.

In 2004, after seeing pictures of Capcom VS SNK 2, I bought a Dreamcast as soonas as I saved the money. My fave system. I still play it regularly and feed it ebay japanese games every now and then. This system has something and it is not only nostalgia. Even newer games like Sturmwind have a classic arcade feeling  that similar contemporary games like Sine Mora lack.

Then came some crazy years when I started working and earning "easy" money. I got a GC, an xbox, a DS and a wii. I bought a laptop but only used it for work and for porn   ::)  (maybe Baldurs Gate and a couple of emulators).

After getting rid of the DS and the wii (I gave them for free to relatives and truth is, I have never regretted it....), I got a 360. From 2006 up to 2014 that has been my "current gen" game system, or, should I say, game systems. I am currently in the third 360. 3 RLOD, you know.

Last year I got a Neo Geo CD. A lifelong dream, you know. And earlier this year, a japanese Saturn, bought in Akibahara. Another dream  8) Both are awesome systems that sit next to the DC as my favourite "legit" system.

I got a new laptop last year, and have discovered Steam some three months ago. Oh boy those sales.

On the other hand, in 2009 a friend showed me a dingoo and here I am, spiralling into madness in a ride to hell full of sleazy chinese electronics. I got a Dingoo A330, a JXD F3000 (big piece of shit, if you ask me), a JXD S5110 (an awesome console), JXD S603 (an OK console that broke smashed in a backpack travel), a Gemei A330 (maybe the best non legit system I have, to the point of looking and playing like legit), and a GPD G7 (very good except for the dpad, whoever designed and tested it should be buried alive). I am waiting a JXD S7800B.

As you see, I have too much crap. I am trying to sell some old consoles but nobody seems to be interested, even at very fair prices.  :( For Christmas, or earlier if I manage to sell some things, I would like to get a Q88+, but lets wait. I am an electronic hoarder and it is not funny... ???
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:49:13 pm by Melquiades »

jamesensor

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2014, 03:49:04 am »

It takes a super computer to emulate some games though,..   ::)

zhongtiao1

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 07:22:15 pm »
I started out with a super a'can before moving to a psp :) now I own a 2ds and an Xbox 360.

thefifthgiant

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »
I am primarily a console gamer, and grew up on the Nintendo brand. It took me a while to branch out, but I am starting to see the light..

SNES, GB , N64, GBC, GC, GBA, NDS, Wii, 360, PS2, GCW0

Post a new topic