Author Topic: If you were stuck on an island...  (Read 8601 times)

ace9094

• Coinopsproject: Something for Everyone
Re: If you were stuck on an island...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
PSX is clearly the weapon of choice for me...

I would have the following:

Streetfighter 2: The collection (best ever streetfighter collection I have seen across any system)
Worms Armageddon (love the challenge mode)
Driver (one of my all time favs for PSX)
Gran Turismo 2 (greatest Driving sim EVER)
Metal Gear Solid (its like having a movie too watch too)
Emulation of the past is the way of the future...
CoinOPS 6: Emulation without the hassle

Dingoo The Best Handheld in the world - Why....  Because it actually fits in your pocket

Dan0

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 01:08:20 am »
Does "retro-videogame system" Cover Amiga games?

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 01:14:02 am »
Yes sir, basically anything no longer sold on retail store shelves qualifies as "retro".
At least in my book it does.
For some people a decade old makes the grade, for others, longer, but i like to keep it simple, plus it makes sense.
"old hat" = "retro". :D

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 02:19:52 am »
System: a 486 DOS PC    (or Pandora+DosBox ;) )

Games:

1. Doom
2. Commander Keen 4-6
3. Corncob 3D (which I am unfortunately not able to play on a handheld)
4. Crime Fighter
5. The Settlers

EDIT Just in case a DOS PC does not count as system:

System: GBA

Games:

1. Doom
2. Mario Kart
3. Wario Ware Mega Mania
4. Activision Anthology
5. Wolfenstein

These are and were my favourite timewasters :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:21:56 am by atari_afternoon »

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 10:07:19 pm »
SNES - FF III , IV , V, VI, CT   8)

Wait a tic, FF III? That wasn't on SNES... unless you mean the English version of FF 6, but you already have FF 4-6 in your list, seems a bit redundant...

I'd probably also go with SNES and a selection of RPGs, but if I'm stuck on the same island as you and Turkish and you guys will let me visit your huts (or we could meet at the bar  8)) and let me play your games, I'd bring my Game Boy Color with Final Fantasy Legend 2, Beatmania GB GatchaMix2, and Pop'n Music GB Animation Melody. Then I'd have Secret of Mana and Super Bomberman 2 (with Super Multitap, of course) for when I visit my SNES-owning neighbors  :P
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

syleo1

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »

It's a very hard choice... arf... ;-)

Finally I'll choose the "N64", with 5 games:
- Army Men Sarge Heroes 1 (still a pleasure to do it again and again...)
- Bomberman 64 (regretable to be alone but I can't let this game away.)
- Mahjong 64 (got time to learn how to play that classic game... ahahah)
- Mario Golf 64 (should be fresh to shot a hole before going to swim in the sea... ;-))
- Virtual Chess 64 (the most durable in a lonely island to keep reflexion alive !)
Luv retro games, luv retro gaming consoles...

gamefreak_joey

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 11:08:55 pm »
SNES - FF III , IV , V, VI, CT   8)
but if I'm stuck on the same island as you and Turkish and you guys will let me visit your huts (or we could meet at the bar  8)) and let me play your games, I'd bring my Game Boy Color with Final Fantasy Legend 2, Beatmania GB GatchaMix2, and Pop'n Music GB Animation Melody. Then I'd have Secret of Mana and Super Bomberman 2 (with Super Multitap, of course) for when I visit my SNES-owning neighbors  :P

I feel a scene from The Lord of The Flies coming on.

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:46 pm »
Haha!

Yes, who has the conch?

He who has the conch, has the control...

Until he gets bashed in the face by a beach rock...
Haha!!

I'd like to change my picks.
I would take a frontlit GBC with rechargeable AA batteries, the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons and Ages, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil Gaiden (wich i still haven't beat...).

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 03:07:27 pm »
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

foleyjo

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »
Computer = Commodore 64
When not playing games you could spend time learning how to programme the thing to make music to listen to and draw pictures.

Games
Batman The Movie - Don't know why but I have played this game the most and never get bored of it.
Little Computer People - I can pretend I have a real friend to chat to in my computer.
Shoot Em Up Construction Kit - 5 games built in and the opportunity to make more.
Captain Blood - Elite would probably be a better choice but I'm not a fan of elite. Just something that I can spend a lot of time on feeling like I am doing something.
Rollaround - Not only do you have a mind taxing puzzle game but you also have invade a load to play while it is loading.

So with my choices I have 11 games for the price of 5 + the ability to make more. A kind of companion and his dog.  The ability to pass the time doing more than playing games. Could even write a diary or a novel

Melquiades

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 09:49:05 am »
If this is considered retro: Gemei A330 with KOF 98, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Garou MOW, RB Fatal Fury Special, and GBA Fire Emblem.

If that is cheating: Dreamcast (with arcade stick), Capcom Vs SNK 2, KOF 98, Sturmwind, Resident Evil 2 and Daytona USA. If I take that to an island I would probably sink the ship myself!

jamesensor

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »
If I had to sentence my enemy to an island with a console & game that would be...?

Atari with E.T.
or a cheap PC with Big Rigs Over the Road.
Ds with Pet games.

PUNISHMENT!  >:(
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

deBeauharnais

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 10:04:50 am »
I can imagine a worst sentence.
Crysis, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite on a 2001 computer with windows XP and a 512 Mo RAM

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:22 am »
I think that as last "kiss goodbye" gift for my enemy on his sentence on uninhabited island I will send a cheap tablet with external solar batteries, with removed cellular/connectivity modules and with only one app installed - something like Robinson, the game about man on desert island, so he would have a dilemma should he struggle to survive in this or in that reality.

eomund

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »
Always been partial to the N64.
Super Mario 64 (Still play and don't get bored of it)
Star Fox 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye 64
Bomberman 64

I would replace bomberman 64 with Mario Kart 64 if I had a playmate, but if not, bomberman is better as a single player than the other.

As far as punishment games.....
Superman 64 anyone???

Post a new topic