Author Topic: sub 3" devices.  (Read 1161 times)

lordhardware (OP)

sub 3" devices.
« on: September 18, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »
Hi all, long time lurker.
I know there's another topic about micro gaming devices but most of the links to sellers and the like (and more importantly items in stock) are expired so I wanted a discussion that's a little more up to date.

I'm looking for devices that have a small form factor, less than three inch screen and at least a d-pad and two buttons. But any small gaming devices you guys have seen and like the look of? Share them here.

Reviews also welcome if you've taken the chance on these.

bamboori

Re: sub 3" devices.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »
what do you want to play on it?
i can recommend the gameboy advance/micro with a flash card. lots of great games and good build quality (obviously)

lordhardware (OP)

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:54:12 pm »
Any of the two button consoles.

For me, sizing trumps utility. Its OK without shoulder buttons, I'm fine with only two or three face buttons.

I'm mostly interested in the device as a very small gameboy, but the ability to play nes, Sega master system, and neo geo pocket games would be great.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 01:08:58 am »
A small device like that would be really cool. Check out the s200 post in this sub-forum from a few weeks ago. I have no clue what it runs though. As with a lot of the miscellaneous Chinese devices out there, don't count on finding any support here for it, there's just too many to keep track of.

If you want one that's readily available, fairly cheap, and has a good amount of support, go for the Gemei A330. It meets most of your criteria.

Edit: ... okay... curiosity got the best of me. I ordered the s200. I'll have a review on my channel within 2-4 weeks. I hate buying on Alibaba. Said it would take 14 days to process my order. WTH?? So I guess it'll be at least a month before I get it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:18:50 am by Pardue »

Post a new topic