Author Topic: SMACH Z Official Post  (Read 12528 times)

leafar

Re: SMACH Z Official Post
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2017, 03:27:51 am »
nice find, i just post the link in the forums.

SONY

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2017, 07:57:12 am »
Merry Chirstmas!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00I_3THLBQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00I_3THLBQ</a>

**** the SMACH Team >:(
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

MOFO

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2017, 08:09:33 pm »
The silence really does not help either. Sure you can't expect updates all the time but it's been a long while since anything has been heard from them.

MOFO

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2017, 08:31:09 pm »
Smach Z developers responding to video:

''We've seen the video we has asked the creators to remove the word "SCAM" from the site and any reference in the video about the "SMACH Z" being a "SCAM". They are free to give their opinion and criticize our project and work, but publicly accusing our company of being SCAM, based on their own unfounded guesses, is libel.

Regarding the video content:

Team in the Kickstarter video: I think it's clear that the people who talk in the video are attendes to the Gamescom who tried the prototype in our booth. In the first KS we talked ourselves, in the second we wanted to let people talk about the console, I don't see the problem with that.

Prototype: We've never hidden that the prototype hadn't the final hardware and was just a representation of what we wanted to achieve. It matches completely the definition of a prototype, and it's always the first step on any hardware development. It's not any tablet hack as the video hints, even if it may make use of standard hardware used in other devices, it was a full development, not fake, and not cheap at all. If the video was expecting to have a final device or prototype ready to produce, it's not, that would the final result after the full development is completed.

Public updates: It's our decision if we make public updates or not and when to do them. The backers are the only ones that we have to informed about the progress and issues, and we're doing that with the forum and private updates. Making public updates when you don't have any specific information to announce and giving away information to the competition is not very clever, from our perspective.

GPD Win: Our project is not comparable to GPD Win in the sense that we're creating a new device from zero and we've raised the money on the crowdfunding campaign to actually develop the console. GDP was already a stablished hardware company that launched a crowdfunding campaign to promote and start pre-sales of the next version of the device, that was in the latest state of development. So it's normal that they have been able to show more stuff, do public updates and have the device ready to the market faster.

ImasD: I'm not going to defend ImasD work or professionality, but they are fully capable of carrying a full development and production process as they have demostrated in the previous tablets and devices that they have produced.

If you want any other clarification just ask me and we will solve it.''

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2017, 01:04:32 am »
^ Where did they post that response? I'm not seeing it in the Kickstarter comments and it doesn't look like they posted a backer update. I'm guessing in their private forums??

That update reads like: 'yes, we used off the shelf components and told you it was a prototype. No, we won't open it up, stop asking. Just trust us, because that's worked so well up to now.'

It's similar to some harassing emails they've been sending me. This was my last response which made them go away:

Also, Rhomb.io has updated to say that they will host a reddit AMA to discuss concerns regarding their involvement with Smach Z. However, they won't discuss anything barred by the NDA and their update makes it seem like they're treating this like a PR opportunity.

Edit: Oh, and a big thank you to everyone for your support! It took a lot of time to make that video so I'm happy to see you guys found it informative and enjoyed it!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:16:18 am by Pardue »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2017, 02:46:15 am »
^ Where did they post that response? I'm not seeing it in the Kickstarter comments and it doesn't look like they posted a backer update. I'm guessing in their private forums??

That update reads like: 'yes, we used off the shelf components and told you it was a prototype. No, we won't open it up, stop asking. Just trust us, because that's worked so well up to now.'

It's similar to some harassing emails they've been sending me. This was my last response which made them go away:

Also, Rhomb.io has updated to say that they will host a reddit AMA to discuss concerns regarding their involvement with Smach Z. However, they won't discuss anything barred by the NDA and their update makes it seem like they're treating this like a PR opportunity.

Edit: Oh, and a big thank you to everyone for your support! It took a lot of time to make that video so I'm happy to see you guys found it informative and enjoyed it!

Can you post the email they sent you threatening legal action.

Also, have rhomb.io contacted you?

MOFO

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2017, 04:13:33 am »
Yes it was posted on the Smach Z forums.
@ Pardue
No disrespect or anything just trying to learn about both sides of the story.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:16:03 am by MOFO »

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2017, 04:28:20 am »
Yes, rhomb.io contacted me as well, but he was surprisingly amicable. He even congratulated me for my research, which to me confirms that my findings are spot on without him actually saying it. He seems to be ready to approach this as openly as he can (aside from NDA stuff) and is confident he can clear his company's name. He offered to answer my questions in private but I told him I wasn't interested if he's operating under an NDA because then he can freely pick and choose what to answer and I have no way of knowing if he's withholding based on NDA or because he just doesn't want to.

I can post the prior email from Smach, and I want to because the language is pretty damn seething and very unprofessional (ironically they request that I be more professional, lol). However, I will not at this time because it included certain specific facts which I'd like to confront rhomb.io with during their live AMA. So maybe after that.

Even better, I just realized while typing this that I may have found a way for him to get out of the NDA agreement. If those specific items they revealed were covered under the NDA, then Smach is already in breach of their NDA agreement by revealing this information to me. They can't expect rhomb.io to adhere to the NDA if they already broke it themselves. Hmm.... I think I'm going to ask him about that.

Oh and MOFO, sorry dude I did not mean any disrespect, that wasn't my tone. I used the "??" to indicate that was just a wild guess, I wasn't angry or anything.

.. but now that we know you have access to their forums, care to post more info?   ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:32:27 am by Pardue »

MOFO

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2017, 05:28:14 am »
Ha no worries 😀

I personally myself have no access ( tried to sign up but says it's closed to only backers I think )  I was sent this from a friend who participated in the kickstarter campaign who knows I'm curious about the whole thing.
Personally I never fund kickstarter projects myself unless I'm sure it'll see the light of day.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:38:27 am by MOFO »

SONY

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2017, 12:46:03 am »
nice find, i just post the link in the forums.

It wasn't a find because Pardue was the member who made the vid..Pardue is StopDrop&Retro.
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

ruffnutts

« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:29 pm »
Yep recognized he's voice straight away lol

leafar

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »
latest updates two 34 and 35,besides everything the project still running and the best new that he said that AMD its going to support the project with the latest APU ryzen and vega and they said too for the first quarter of the next year ETA. so i will hope for this came true.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2017, 12:06:21 am »
latest updates two 34 and 35,besides everything the project still running and the best new that he said that AMD its going to support the project with the latest APU ryzen and vega and they said too for the first quarter of the next year ETA. so i will hope for this came true.

Not sure what AMD supporting the project with  APU ryzen and vega means?

Is it just that they will sell them the chip?   

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2017, 01:21:02 am »
I saw a different update

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5bVcsYI77s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5bVcsYI77s</a>

leafar

« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2017, 01:22:26 am »
support means a lot things,working together,be one of the first to get the SoC,remember this is a new architecture,lest see so far its a really good news