Author Topic: SMACH Z Official Post  (Read 12125 times)

SMACHER (OP)

SMACH Z Official Post
« on: November 09, 2016, 02:23:14 am »
Hello!  ;D

As you already know (i just read the other post, amazing support, thanks), SMACH Z is a handheld PC with haptic touchpad controls that's powerful enough to play any AAA game natively (10K games out of the box).

The Kickstarter campaign reached its funding goal in less than 48h, and has raised now more than 346,000 euros, with still 10 days to go, so we’re glad to announce that SMACH Z Kickstarter continues to gain support.

You can access to the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc/description

Kickstarter has all the information about the product. Take a look at updates to stay tuned about the last news.

You can follow us on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/SMACHZ/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

I’m Community Manager of the project, so I'll be glad to respond your questions  ;)

Thanks for you support.

P.D. In the Madrid Gaming Experience we had the opportunity to meet Alex, the LowSpecGamer, a Youtube channel dedicated to find out and share the best settings and tweaks to improve games performance. We invited him to try SMACH Z in our booth and see what he could do with some of the games installed in our AMD development board (final hardware prototype).

If you want to watch how the final hardware prototype runs some demanding games, take a look at his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUN1XPsKv08

SONY

Re: SMACH Z Official Post
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 05:49:58 am »
I love SMACH Z :)
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

hellomoto

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 08:20:23 pm »
Hi Smach Z, what is your timeline on when we will see the final version of the hardwares in portable form?  Do you have any pictures on the progress?

csweldon

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 11:21:16 pm »
Hi Smach Z, what is your timeline on when we will see the final version of the hardwares in portable form?  Do you have any pictures on the progress?
I know the campaign says they need 6 months to complete the design and perfect the heat sink, and the rewards state April.  But MAN I hope things move quicker than they plan!  I'm sure you read it all, though, and I'm sure Smach will have more insight!

csweldon

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:52:43 pm »
@SMACHER I can't wait to get my hands on mine!  It can already play my entire library on Steam!

I have a few questions:
-Do you expect the Z-Pads to be available by launch, and how much do you expect them to cost?
-Will thr USB port be able to supply power to devices?  It would awesome if I could use this with my guitar software!
-Will the battery be powerful enough to support the projected 5hrs of gaming?  I ask because the GPD WIN only gets about 2hrs of gaming with a 2w chip and 6000mah battery (compared to 15w and 10000mah)  If the battery life does not measure up, will a higher capacity be considered? 

I'm sorry to grill you, I am a happy backer and look forward to seeing this develop!

Edit: I'm now sure this is possible; my Origin Eon11-s gets 4-5hrs of battery life with a 45w Nvidia GT650m and a 5400mah battery.  Not sure what's up with GPD WIN (cheap battery, perhaps?) but your projections are definitely possible.  I'm leaving the question and this edit up for reference :-)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:16:09 am by csweldon »

SMACHER (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 02:18:21 am »

Hi!

The final design is more than done ;D, but the production proccess is a bit slow :'(. We'll try to accelerate it as much as we can

leafar

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 12:35:31 pm »
Good to see the Smachteam in this community
Espero que todo les salga bien.
Maybe I will update my pledge just to change for the fire red color I hope you can show in the final prototype how is going to be.
Thanks for the full Windows support.
I want to know about the display or screen technology that device it's going to use, I hope Sun readable, the Zpad I wish you get it done ASOP.
It's possible to implement a stick kickstand or some kind.
For the final prototype can you show to us at the end of the campaign and the last thing The Active Cooling Can System are you going to work on it you should, you most.

SMACHER (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »
@SMACHER I can't wait to get my hands on mine!  It can already play my entire library on Steam!

I have a few questions:
-Do you expect the Z-Pads to be available by launch, and how much do you expect them to cost?
-Will thr USB port be able to supply power to devices?  It would awesome if I could use this with my guitar software!
-Will the battery be powerful enough to support the projected 5hrs of gaming?  I ask because the GPD WIN only gets about 2hrs of gaming with a 2w chip and 6000mah battery (compared to 15w and 10000mah)  If the battery life does not measure up, will a higher capacity be considered? 

I'm sorry to grill you, I am a happy backer and look forward to seeing this develop!

Edit: I'm now sure this is possible; my Origin Eon11-s gets 4-5hrs of battery life with a 45w Nvidia GT650m and a 5400mah battery.  Not sure what's up with GPD WIN (cheap battery, perhaps?) but your projections are definitely possible.  I'm leaving the question and this edit up for reference :-)

Ey!

Don't worry, i'm glad to see so much interest in the project!

1) Yes, our goal is to include Z-Pads outside KS campaign, before shipping the product in april. We'll announce the price as soon as we can. By now, we do not want to speculate on prices that may change in the future.

2) I just receive the same question today on Kickstarter (maybe was you?) and I asked it to the team. They said that it will not be a problem to charge small devices, but they have to ask to the production company if the product can charge devices that exceed its own amperage. I'll respond you as soon as possible.

3)Yeah, we tested it and 5 hr of battery life is more than possible. Also, we're studying the possibility of including rapid charge, which would allow to charge SMACH in less than 1 hour. It's not a sure thing, but possible.

Thanks for you support and interest

SMACHER (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 02:05:24 pm »
Maybe I will update my pledge just to change for the fire red color I hope you can show in the final prototype how is going to be.
I want to know about the display or screen technology that device it's going to use, I hope Sun readable, the Zpad I wish you get it done ASOP.
For the final prototype can you show to us at the end of the campaign and the last thing The Active Cooling Can System are you going to work on it you should, you most.

Hi Leafar!

Thanks ;)

You'll be able to choose color cases before shipping, and there'll be an image of every variable of the device, so don't worry about that. Fire red color? Let's see it  ;D

Yes, we will use an amoled, matte screen. Specific specs:

-6” Full HD 1920x1080 Pixels Real 5’98”.
-Pixel Pitch 0.1725mm(W) ื0.5175mm(H).

Yep, we're planning to design an external accessorie as kick stand, with some new connections (standard HDMI,...). It's not assure, but we're working on it. An in-case kick stand cause a lot (a lot) of design problems, and it's really delicate, so we prefer an external one.

This system is configured for passive cooling because the socket allows air reflow even below the modules. The modules are separated between them 0’8 mm, leaving the air flow and preventing the collapse of the heat zones. Anyways, we will add a fan if we need to, but the testing we're doing shows that the design works great with passive cooling.

Thanks for your support.

AVahne

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 04:36:07 pm »
If you guys really do manage to make this thing AND somehow fulfill your promises, would you consider making a clamshell version with a keyboard in the future? It doesn't have to be the slimmest thing ever, but if you're able to pull the Smach Z off somehow, the only thing keeping me from getting it is lack of keyboard (for me MMORPGs and browsing, and general usage as a PC).

csweldon

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »

I have a few questions:

Ey!

Don't worry, i'm glad to see so much interest in the project!

1) Yes, our goal is to include Z-Pads outside KS campaign, before shipping the product in april. We'll announce the price as soon as we can. By now, we do not want to speculate on prices that may change in the future.

2) I just receive the same question today on Kickstarter (maybe was you?) and I asked it to the team. They said that it will not be a problem to charge small devices, but they have to ask to the production company if the product can charge devices that exceed its own amperage. I'll respond you as soon as possible.

3)Yeah, we tested it and 5 hr of battery life is more than possible. Also, we're studying the possibility of including rapid charge, which would allow to charge SMACH in less than 1 hour. It's not a sure thing, but possible.

Thanks for you support and interest

Thank you for the answers.  Yeah, that was me on Kickstarter haha - sent it a few days ago and figured I'd include it hear in case anyone else had the same question.  Wouldn't have been a deal breaker since this is for gaming, but if I can have my cake and eat it too then why not?

Throughout the campaign people have been doubting that you guys can pull it off, but seeing how detailed your documentation and your communication, I know you can!  Don't let the naysayers get to you!

Thank you guys for making this happen, I've wanted something like this for years!

leafar

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 10:12:57 pm »
I most hsve the fire red big thanks

Hi Leafar!

Thanks ;)

An in-case kick stand cause a lot (a lot) of design problems, and it's really delicate, so we prefer an external one.
Maybe like  stylus pen with track behind the case and act like stick stand.

This system is configured for passive cooling because the socket allows air reflow even below the modules. The modules are separated between them 0’8 mm, leaving the air flow and preventing the collapse of the heat zones. Anyways, we will add a fan if we need to, but the testing we're doing shows that the design works great with passive cooling.I Hope soooooo,or live a rom or connection for a mod cooling fan.

Thanks for your support.

hellomoto

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 10:21:02 pm »
Honestly, I am one of the doubters simply due to the time constraint.  There are only five and half months left.  I certainly hope that it comes true but there arent enough photo/video evidence to back up the progress.  I would certainly like to see some clickarm hardware actions even if it is not in final form. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:23:18 pm by hellomoto »

SMACHER (OP)

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 12:44:56 am »
If you guys really do manage to make this thing AND somehow fulfill your promises, would you consider making a clamshell version with a keyboard in the future? It doesn't have to be the slimmest thing ever, but if you're able to pull the Smach Z off somehow, the only thing keeping me from getting it is lack of keyboard (for me MMORPGs and browsing, and general usage as a PC).

Hi AVahne!

You'll be able to connect an external keyboard through micro USB (or USB with an adapter) or bluetooth! Also, as i said above, we're working on an external kick stand that will contain more connections.

We think of SMACH Z as a handheld console. For us, a keyboard means going backwards on that portable design. So the accessories attached to the device depends on the player.

Thanks for you support!

SMACHER (OP)

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 12:51:41 am »
Honestly, I am one of the doubters simply due to the time constraint.  There are only five and half months left.  I certainly hope that it comes true but there arent enough photo/video evidence to back up the progress.  I would certainly like to see some clickarm hardware actions even if it is not in final form.

Hi Hellomoto!

Here you can watch Clickarm technology in action!

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33ljry9%3E&s=9#.WCUVUfnhCUk

And here too!

1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpJ4vo5oAY

We're working hard to deliver the device on time, and we expect to do so  ;)

Thanks for your support.

Post a new topic