Author Topic: SMACH Z Official Post  (Read 9522 times)

leafar

Re: SMACH Z Official Post
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2017, 03:40:13 pm »
the last update was, AMD rhombofication approved ,they want to assembly in spain but they have problems with mold case factory,the don't want to go to china, others option portugal.
about the fan the still  going in the same direction and they said in some test that with the fan the device can go up top 28tpd.
its look like another delay maybe ,but they didn't said nothing yet.
Members we already start talking about in next gen APU of AMD.
so its what its.
Personally i don't about the delay i want the right and fully work device

hellomoto

« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2017, 02:22:37 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.  Have they shown any pics or the machine in action?  If they are choosing manufacturer, then R&D is close to complete. 
the last update was, AMD rhombofication approved ,they want to assembly in spain but they have problems with mold case factory,the don't want to go to china, others option portugal.
about the fan the still  going in the same direction and they said in some test that with the fan the device can go up top 28tpd.
so its what its.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2017, 02:37:32 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.  Have they shown any pics or the machine in action?  If they are choosing manufacturer, then R&D is close to complete. 
so its what its.

They have issues, particularly with the case molding.  They are now looking at finding another company to do the molds for the case which is going to delay things further.  So much so that they canceld their appearance at E3. 
They also burned out all the AMD Merlin Dev boards they had

You can read more on it here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/smach-z-is-back.77682/page-11#post-1414306

NTMBK

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2017, 05:06:00 pm »
If they think that they can cool 28W in a system that size, they're out of their freaking minds. And they managed to burn out all their dev boards?!

vcoleiro1

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2017, 11:45:56 pm »
If they think that they can cool 28W in a system that size, they're out of their freaking minds. And they managed to burn out all their dev boards?!

Well the good news there is that I believe they are still planning to limit the SOC to 12-15W.

wade

« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2017, 04:00:05 am »
so its what its.

They have issues, particularly with the case molding.  They are now looking at finding another company to do the molds for the case which is going to delay things further.  So much so that they canceld their appearance at E3. 
They also burned out all the AMD Merlin Dev boards they had

You can read more on it here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/smach-z-is-back.77682/page-11#post-1414306

;)看起来项目进度处于失控状态 9月份量产基本是不可能完成的任务