Author Topic: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!  (Read 107067 times)

robman2122

Re: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »
Having just formed a company myself recently, I can attest it is a fairly easy process that doesn't take very long to actually get into motion. I filled out the paperwork on a Thursday and by Monday afternoon it was official.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

vcoleiro1

« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2016, 12:16:17 pm »
Having just formed a company myself recently, I can attest it is a fairly easy process that doesn't take very long to actually get into motion. I filled out the paperwork on a Thursday and by Monday afternoon it was official.

robman2122 LLC  ?

:)

robman2122

« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:38 pm »

robman2122 LLC  ?

Lol no, a non profit actually. My wife and I run an animal rescue.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:46 pm »

robman2122 LLC  ?

Lol no, a non profit actually. My wife and I run an animal rescue.

That's awesome. The world needs more of the like.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:47:29 pm by vcoleiro1 »

robman2122

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:04 pm »

That's awesome. The world needs more of the like.

Well Thank you! It's definitely not always easy work. I can't remember the last time I had a night to myself as I'm usually doing something rescue related. Another big reason why I want a device like this to hit the market that also functions as a phone. That way I can get my gaming in short bursts while on the go but not be encumbered by extra devices/equipment in the process. Would be a godsend!

indstr

« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2016, 04:15:43 pm »
I'm waiting for the gamelunatic + Half Life 3 bundle  ;)

Also, question indstr LLC.

Does the gamelunatic support quintuple processing with gigajigahurtz? or is that too much for a portable console?

I just got off the phone with Gabe, he confirmed that the Half Life 3 bundle will be ready by July 6. Sorry for the delay.

Re: quintuple processing, it actually has Octuple processing. In testing, we were able to get it into the gigajigahurtz range, but we had some overheating problems, so we actually had to downclock it to the gigasligahurtz. To compensate, we gave it "bang processing". It's similar to the "blast processing" they used for Sonic the Hedgehog, only 2400x faster.

Hope that answered your questions.
PGS: Let the trainwreck continue to unfold.

­

« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2016, 05:26:09 pm »
OK guys, that's enough. I know that this thread consisted almost entirely of rumors up to this point, but can we at least keep at slightly on topic?

robman2122

« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »
OK guys, that's enough. I know that this thread consisted almost entirely of rumors up to this point, but can we at least keep at slightly on topic?
Not for nothing, but it's thinking like that, that stifles creativity. The exact kind of thinking that can tank a project like this!

PGSLab

« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »
Hi guys. Tomorrow we will run on the KS. Please see our draft, maybe we made a mistake in the text, or missed something.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606226331/355273044?token=f12115a8
Thank you.

siegel17701

« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2016, 11:35:15 pm »
Hi guys. Tomorrow we will run on the KS. Please see our draft, maybe we made a mistake in the text, or missed something.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606226331/355273044?token=f12115a8
Thank you.
Looks good so far

*** In Search of the All In One Device ***

­

« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »
While not really a mistake, I don't think it's wise to show a device that clearly isn't yours on your Kickstarter page - specifically, the tablet with the clip on controller. I get the point you're trying to make, but others might not.

Also, you really have to make another promo video if you want to earn the trust of the community. Overdubbing is looked down upon.

Also, more text! You have a lot of images, but very little text that can link to your page and that can be easily quoted. I strongly suggest removing the text from the images and putting it as regular text on the page.

Good luck!

vcoleiro1

« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2016, 12:58:21 am »
Honestly, Although I see the prototype in the KS page now, that said , everything else is the same as was months ago.  All the same errors are there that people had mentioned previously.

1)  The out of synch main video. Which by the way still shows a missleading tablet hacked open as if it were a prototype (also shown in photos)

2)  Spelling and grammar is not bad, but there still is the odd error like:

"Pledge $10 or more

BIG THANK YOU

You help to make this portable world much better. Each contributor with receive our personal ?Thank you?.   

-> with should be will

3)  Use of photo realistic renders which are against KS rules.

4)  The prototype shown is no where near enough to warrant a pass form KS, it's actually orders of magnitude worse than that shown for the Laser Razer which KS booted of the site for not having an explicit enough working prototype.  It's clear in the PGS prototype that you have a foam/3D printed PGS shell with a dpad and buttons from a third party gampad horribly hacked in. You can still see the sticks on the sides from the original controller. If I'm not mistaken, that's an Ipega 9023 that you have hacked and used. You have shown basically zero HW of your prototype - the board isn't shown and you use the gamepad controls from a hacked third party controller. You make no secret of that, however, you really do need to show HW that you created.

I would strongly recommend you do the following.  Start a campaign to fund a prototype on Kickstarter. You can't offer the product as a reward, but perhaps you can offer a PGS discount voucher on any product you develop down the line - that might be ok with KS rules (youd have to check) - like $20 backer level that gets you a $20 PGS voucher.   Get something real first is the message here, then later start a campaign for the product itself

If you proceed with the KS campaign as it is now, then be prepared for a fiasco similar to what happened with the Coleco Chameleon. 

P.S  As per the Kickstarter rules :  https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prototypes

"Don't use photorealistic renderings.
Technical drawings, CAD models, and sketches are awesome and encouraged, but photorealistic renderings that someone might mistake for a finished product are prohibited."

"Projects that involve the development of physical products must feature explicit demos of working prototypes. While you can run a project focused on the creation of a prototype, you can't offer the product that is under development as a reward."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:23:10 am by vcoleiro1 »

­

« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2016, 01:55:35 am »
vcoleiro1 has a much firmer grasp of Kickstarter's rules than I do, so I guess he's right with this project not being Kickstarter worthy in its current form.

Also, while the current prototype has shown some promise and might've included self-made parts or board, it hasn't shown those explicitly - so vcoleiro1's assessment of them being taken from other products on the market is justified and logical. With every Kickstarter campaign comes backer scrutiny, so you should've planned ahead for that and have shown something more definitive.

siegel17701

« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2016, 02:24:33 am »
The optimistic in me says give my money,  but the pessimistic in me is really listening to what vcoleiro1 has to say.

*** In search of the all in - one Device ***

XC-3730C

« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2016, 02:28:52 am »
I just hope this has a decent d-pad. Too many of these kids of devices have an awful d-pad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2016, 02:34:42 am »
No one's really sure on how projects get approved and launched on KS. From what I've heard there's so many projects that go live every day that there's very little oversight. You can launch a project today if you wanted to. So a lot of projects, rather than get rejected, are pulled by KS after someone flags them. Which can be very embarrassing and it's not what you want. But if they think they're ready and they're able to push the button, then go for it.

I don't think they've done enough work since they first appeared here, nor did they take many of our suggestions. Their pitch is largely unchanged and from what little we can see, so has their "prototype."

robman2122

« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2016, 03:13:20 am »
One selling point I'd like to see is the android side of things, complete with phone capabilities. It's one thing to dual boot into android, I do it on my Asus Transformer Book all the time. It's another to have a cell modem integrated to make it work as a phone. That is the biggest allure to me with this whole project.

XC-3730C

« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2016, 03:17:43 am »
Even if this (or any other Chinese tablet) had phone/data capability, I doubt in the USA that it would work on any cell carrier faster than 3G. Please correct me if I am wrong, which is why I never got a Chinese made phone, as I have AT&T.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

robman2122

« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2016, 03:28:09 am »
Depends on how it's made. All the gamephones I've come across lacked in this area, which is part of the reason I never pulled the trigger and bought one. The Snail W3D (god rest it's soul) was supposed to be the answer to this problem as well, as it was designed with more than typical Chinese cell bands and frequencies in mind. There were other contributing factors at play on my decision with gamephones in the past as well that ultimately led to no purchase. Honestly, at this point, if someone could pull off a good solid phone with game controls that did everything I wanted, but could only connect at 3G speeds, I would give it serious consideration. It was have to be fairly up to date with everything though, which knocks everything that I could actually buy right now out of the running.

If all they have prototype wise is what's in that video, they definitely aren't going to get very far very fast. Hell, I've done a better job using a cheap 3D printer and modding an ipega controller into a phone case. Only thing that stopped me from finishing it was time and lack of soldering skills to fix the battery leads connecting to the circuit board. Aside from that, it was pretty much done and functioned great (until the battery disconnected of course).

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2016, 03:40:28 am »
One of the things I can't get is why were they so offended by people sharing and criticizing the "first draft" of their pitch video? They're pretty much re-using that exact same video with a few more scenes of a 3d printed case added in, so why did they get so pissed off before? We didn't know it at the time but we basically were critiquing their final pitch video and most, if not all of those criticisms still stand or are now validated, depending on your previous views on the "leaked" video.

Am I the only one that thought we were going to see a completely different video remade from the ground up?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:44:51 am by Pardue »

Post a new topic