Author Topic: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!  (Read 106993 times)

vcoleiro1

Re: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2016, 03:35:12 am »
It's maybe folks.   Honestly , I have little confidence in this.

ME  17h17 hours ago
@PGS_Lab @AKyosidaAA
Will there be a Kickstarter for the PGS this month?
Also, will you be at E3?

PGSLab LLC ‏@PGS_Lab  16h16 hours ago
Maybe, news coming soon.

ME
@PGS_Lab @AKyosidaAA
Was that maybe for the kickstarter this month, or was it maybe that you will be at E3?

PGSLab LLC
‏@PGS_Lab
@vcoleiro1 @AKyosidaAA We are considering the possibility. In any case, we will warn users in advance.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:13 pm »
"warn" is in fact the best word to use here.

siegel17701

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:17 pm »
So this is dual boot and a phone.... does that mean it is a windows and android phone. How will that work?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

leafar

« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2016, 01:39:06 am »
this device its going to be the perfect one for Liquidsky, gaming cloud server

vcoleiro1

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2016, 12:08:32 am »
Oh boy,  not going to say anything, we will see

https://twitter.com/PGS_Lab/status/740315177090965504

PGSLab

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2016, 12:23:11 am »
Hello, dear forum users. We want to thank you once again for your help, because you inspire us to make our project better. Only because of you, the release version of the device will include such features as:
Changeable battery
Key backlight
A programmable part of the lower display to use as keys or macroses
A virtual keyboard for the lower display, which supports full-screen games
Vibration
Special version of device in black color
Today, we have two pieces of news for you. One is good, while another is bad.
As well as many other distinctive features, which were simply impossible without your tips.
Besides that, we want to tell you two pieces of news. Unfortunately, one of them is bad. The good news in that we have finally reached agreement with investors and signed a contract. Thanks to that, the basic price of PGS will start from 230$ as we planned before. But there?s a bad news. One asshole shared our old and discarded video for Kickstarter and this video was reposted and published by the vast majority of journalists and media, which wrote about our release.  As the result, our investors were able to find this video :( They decided that it can be a great idea to evaluate customers demand for device (as well for the first period of promotion) and insisted that the project has to be presented on Kickstarter.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience those, who were waiting the device in retail. With respect to Kickstarter, we are happy to receive any support and help, but if you have any doubts in quality of the final product, we recommend you to wait until first reviews appear and official sales launched. As we planned before, official sales will start in December, immediately after the shipment of devices, which were pre-ordered by crowdfunding investors.
P.S. In the nearest future we will receive more complex prototypes of the device. We will make our best to publish a video review with several games testing.

leafar

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2016, 01:37:18 am »
i dont really understand why the investor if is there need to go to Kickstarter,? did you reach an agreement,there is another way to get a feedback.???.
even though its agood news.
so lest start, Vic or PGS labs we need a  new thread for PGSlabs device:
name of the device:
active or passive cooling system . This is my biggest concern for the CPU run pretty hot.
can we have a pro version with 8 inches. i really want this
Intel atom x7 8750 where you going to get supplay
position of the stick can be change.
colors or interchangeable cover .
the SOC atom where is going to be placed the firts or second display
a docking station if its possible with extra port maybe Ethernet port and fan.

so good luck and more info please we are here to help.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2016, 02:06:43 am »
... But there?s a bad news. One asshole shared our old and discarded video for Kickstarter ...

My oh my, I wonder who that could be...

indstr

« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2016, 03:16:11 am »
PGSLab LLC
‏@PGS_Lab
@vcoleiro1 @AKyosidaAA We are considering the possibility. In any case, we will warn users in advance.

Hahaha, that's classic ambiguous wording at its finest!

Reminds me of an old CKY prank call where he was talking to Kinko's. I forget exactly what he said but the guy at Kinko's was something like "So will that be large, or extra large?", and the pranker goes "Yes". The guy at Kinko's is like "Yes, what?". The pranker goes "Yes, that's correct".   Hahaha    ;D

---------------------------

But in other news:

One asshole shared our old and discarded video for Kickstarter

Uhh... It's not good form for a company to publicly call people derogatory names.... No matter what that person did to damage the company.

Guys, I would be very, very wary of PGS.
PGS: Let the trainwreck continue to unfold.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:24 am »
There was a guy that made a youtube parody/critique video of PGS's Kickstarter vid, pretty sure they are talking about that.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2016, 03:49:26 am »
There was a guy that made a youtube parody/critique video of PGS's Kickstarter vid, pretty sure they are talking about that.

Can you post it? I only saw one guy make a video about it but he seemed very interested in it even though he concluded the idea will probably never become a reality and he didn't show the KS video.

They've been so hush-hush with real details so I guess this is another matter we'll have to do some detective work on. It's the first exclusive game on the PGS: Who's the Asshole?!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:51:40 am by Pardue »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2016, 03:52:10 am »

Can you post it? I only saw one guy make a video about it but he seemed very interested in it even though he concluded the idea will probably never become a reality and he didn't show the KS video.

This one:

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190314120500/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ynkgaR3ZY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ynkgaR3ZY</a>

PGS replied to them in the comments and then the guy made a follow up vid below:

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190314120500/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i60l92f4Z08" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i60l92f4Z08</a>

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2016, 04:07:30 am »
ah, okay. That's the guy I was thinking of but I hadn't seen the first video, only the second.

AVahne

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2016, 04:23:09 am »
How much will the Pro model cost now?
Also, it seems GPD have been saying that they can no longer use the Z8550 in their product as there's no supply of that. Does the same hold true for the Z8750 that's supposed to be in the PGS? Will you guys have to use the Z8700 instead? I mean that's still way better than the Z8500, but things that supposedly got fixed in the revisions would've been nice to have.

indstr

« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2016, 06:07:31 am »
I watched that guy's videos the other night. I thought they were funny and entertaining.

I did notice that the PGS video seemed strange, like when the guy is talking his mouth doesn't always match up with what he's saying... Like a really bad overdub. I actually wanted to find the PGS video online to analyze it further but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I guess the whole "stole it from kickstarter" explains why.

But I would hesitate to call him a derogatory term... I mean all he did was find something that was publicly available on the internet and repost it with some speculation and healthy criticism. It's not like he hacked their server or anything.

So for PGS to blame their misfortune about their funding solely on this guy, seems pretty immature, unprofessional, and frankly amateur.

That is if PGS is even a real company. It's probably just some random guy messing with everybody's head.

Edit: I made a comment in Delby's video to notify him that PGS is blaming their financial woes on him. Hoping he'll chime in here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:12:13 am by indstr »

Nicho-Mania

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2016, 06:56:10 am »
Hello, this is that guy who joins a forum to add his two cents with an account he may never use again!
I'm also the guy who's going to play devil's advocate, and then the reverse.

Basically, i got an account to point out we have no idea if it really is Delby they're talking about! In all honesty, it could just as easily be the guy who published the original video to the public in the first place;

(though saying it's publicly available is a bit untrue, as, other than Obscure Handhelds and those news sites that find it, I can't even find a reupload on youtube)

my reasoning for thinking this is their specifically calm response to Delby's first and second videos with straightforward answers, even though his first video was a lot more sarcastic and mocking than the second (obviously as it was intended to be a comedic show, but honestly, sarcasm can easily get stale if that's all you show)

On the reverse side of things, it very well could be Delby, given that, as sarcasm gets old, it soon comes off as blaming or derogatory. Another reason they could be saying this about Delby is because, aside from a few foreign-based videos, they've gotten very little video coverage, leaving Delby's video as the only 3rd-party english video "review/coverage" available for their product, which was a huge mistake on their part. (And their Facebook page might as well be forgotten, as their Twitter seems to be the only thing they reply to next to here, and the occasional youtube comments)

Marketing kerfuffles aside, we might just be taking this way too far by immediately accusing the company (either out of distrust due to past failures of similar products *cough*SmachZ*cough*, or just honest to goodness skepticism) of calling out this specific person, and trying to get said person's reply.

In all honesty, yeah, it was stupid of them to call someone an asshole under the same moniker they use for their company as a whole, but otherwise, we're still just as in the dark as before......though with a black version on the way.......and no fixes for that ghastly joystick placement....but yeah......

so, what else do you guys do with accounts on this forum? :-\

DelbyPicnic

• My Site:
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2016, 07:20:31 am »
The response to my video has gone beyond a level that I ever expected it to reach. It was intended to be comical and dumb, but it's one of the top-ranking videos for the tag PGS Gaming System on YouTube. I've already responded to this with another video too. I'd just like to formally clear some things up about my feelings for the original video.

First of all, the original "kickstarter" video that was used, was one which I found listed on a report by FragHero, here's a link to their report: http://fraghero.com/new-handheld-game-console-capable-running-pc-games/ It's best to delete rather than unlist, if you want a video gone forever.

If at any point, I had been notified by Portable Solutions, that this video was creating difficulty in finding investors, then I would have unlisted the video and produced a more formal response to the device instead of my "shitpost" for lack of a better word. I don't want to play bad guy, just jaded and critical.

As for my video itself, it's one of the first videos that I made of it's type (the first Pointless Products to be specific) and my ability to form a balanced argument is certainly needing a bit of work, which, is something that I'd like to think I'm getting better at.
If anything I'd say that my video has sparked a lot of discussion over the PGS, and seems to be getting a decent reception as well, but whatever, that was going to happen anyway.

Portable Solutions have answered all of the questions that I had concerning their concept, and have been overwhelmingly cooperative, which is great to see. You can see their reply to my questions in the comments section of this video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i60l92f4Z08
Therefore, I'd say that they have refuted my criticism to a large extent, and all I can really say about that is, great! I'm genuinely interested to see what Portable Solutions puts together.

The only point, which I should have stressed more in the original video, is that this device was advertised to me as being able to play AAA games at the level of quality that you'd expect from a mid-tier PC or a current generation console, which to my understanding would be impossible with it's currently detailed hardware. This is something that I still believe to be the case, but either way I'll be proved right or wrong when either the GPD-Win or the PGS Pro launch public tech demos.

I'd urge Portable Solutions to contact me at my usual email address if there's concern to be had with the videos, rather than calling me out on a forum post. You can also get in touch via Twitter or YouTube.

Here's my contact information:
Email: [email protected]
YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/delbypicnic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/delbypicnic

- DelbyPicnic

hsuhsu

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2016, 07:39:44 am »
Hello, dear forum users. We want to thank you once again for your help, because you inspire us to make our project better. Only because of you, the release version of the device will include such features as:
Changeable battery
Key backlight
A programmable part of the lower display to use as keys or macroses
A virtual keyboard for the lower display, which supports full-screen games
Vibration
Special version of device in black color
Today, we have two pieces of news for you. One is good, while another is bad.
As well as many other distinctive features, which were simply impossible without your tips.
Besides that, we want to tell you two pieces of news. Unfortunately, one of them is bad. The good news in that we have finally reached agreement with investors and signed a contract. Thanks to that, the basic price of PGS will start from 230$ as we planned before. But there?s a bad news. One asshole shared our old and discarded video for Kickstarter and this video was reposted and published by the vast majority of journalists and media, which wrote about our release.  As the result, our investors were able to find this video :( They decided that it can be a great idea to evaluate customers demand for device (as well for the first period of promotion) and insisted that the project has to be presented on Kickstarter.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience those, who were waiting the device in retail. With respect to Kickstarter, we are happy to receive any support and help, but if you have any doubts in quality of the final product, we recommend you to wait until first reviews appear and official sales launched. As we planned before, official sales will start in December, immediately after the shipment of devices, which were pre-ordered by crowdfunding investors.
P.S. In the nearest future we will receive more complex prototypes of the device. We will make our best to publish a video review with several games testing.

@PGSLab Blaming someone for their comical yet valid review on your device for your lack of investors, and then calling him an "asshole" is a horrible way to display your professionalism, but a very good way to show what kind of support the buyers will be faced with IF the device ever gets manufactured.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2016, 07:53:10 am »
@indstr  @DelbyPicnic

First, Not sure why you posted that to DelbyPicnic.   What I said was pure conjecture, I could easily be wrong.   Let's not turn my guess into fact and go off on an unguided rampage shall we.

DelbyPicnic, I thought your first video didn't go far enough. To be honest, if someone were to go both barrels on this, then there would be a lot , and I mean a lot more you could say. But I understand it was more to be a parody and humorous, which it was.  I actually thought your second video was the worst of the pair.   And look, I honestly hope these guys pull this off, there would be nothing better than having a third player in the field to join the Pyra and GPD WIN.   But , lets be honest , there is a shit ton of questionable things here.   And a lot of it was mentioned in threads well before Delbys vid , so you can't really blame him for starting anything anyway.

Telescopic sticks in a bottom section that's about 12mm deep. First, I have never heard of telescopic sticks, and I even looked for them without success. Second, how would they retract into that space and still leave room at the bottom for the actual analogue pot - Hmmmmmmmm

Second, 6100 mAh battery in that space with all the pcb and telescopic sticks and second screen.  Hhmmmmmmmm, have you seen how big the 6000 mAh battery in the WIN is.

5 channel speaker system.  along with the above, Hmmmmmmmmmmm

There's also much more I could say

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what they say in the Kickstarter.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing their Kickstarter, it should be immediately clear where they are at, and if an end of year launch is realistic.  As I say, I hope this does come true.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:37:27 am by vcoleiro1 »

indstr

« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2016, 08:01:01 am »
@indstr  @DelbyPicnic

First, Not sure why you posted that to DelbyPicnic.   What I said was pure conjecture, I could easily be wrong.   Let's not turn my guess into fact and go off on an unguided rampage shall we.

You're right, they may not have been talking about Delby. I guess we need clarification from PGS whether they were referring to Delby, or another person.

I wasn't trying to stir up a rampage, I was just genuinely curious about the whole thing, especially after the unprofessional derogatory comment they made.

Delby handled his comment here like a pro. He should be their PR person   :)

Post a new topic