Author Topic: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!  (Read 106996 times)

Deen0X

Re: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2016, 08:40:09 am »
am i really the only one who desperately wants rumble for the device?

considering the device have phone specs and features, most probably vibration mode is one of these features.

LordDavon

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2016, 08:41:23 pm »
I'm a little in fear of having my whole device rumble.  I hope it can be turned off.  I've dropped a controller when it rumbled, I'm not so sure I want to drop a whole device like this.  Plus, if there is anything remotely loose, it may shake it looser.

Saber

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:40 pm »
The use of the phrase "incredible Japanese engineers" almost feels like a buzz word meant to just inspire excitement the way he says it...
Carefully crafted marketing video of mostly an attractive and diverse actor ensemble and unsynced audio dubbing with real accents at the end to boot. If they went this far for promotion, a prototype may be incoming soon(development has probably been happening longer than they've said which will add fuel to the buzz fire around the project). We'll see. 8)   

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »
I've identified their "early prototype" as a $65 Linx EM-I8270 7 inch Tablet, which is also sold under the Emdoor brand.

It's actually written on the board itself.

Also, when you look at the buttons and input/outputs they are exact matches.

Here is the Linx (flipped over) superimposed on the "early prototype":

PGSLab, can you please comment on this?

Saber

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2016, 10:55:44 pm »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2016, 01:03:05 am »
Well it's no real secret anymore that it's a tablet, that was pretty obvious from the video and was discussed on the Pandora forum.   But well done for finding the exact tablet that it was.

But as I said on the Pandora forum, they have said they really dont have anything to show.  They only showed that video under pressure to show something with the provision that it not be shared (see the pandora forum post they made).  SO i'd cut them a little slack.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2016, 02:15:29 am »
Well if they really don't have anything to show, then great. There's nothing to see here and a lot of early opinions would be correct. The fact of the matter is that this company is making extraordinary claims and now we see they're using cheap over the counter hardware as their alleged prototype. If it's nothing to be ashamed of, then why didn't they disclose that explicitly?

If they're claiming unfair treatment because they wished that their video "not be shared" that is an absurd cop out which speaks volumes as to how this company intends to disseminate information in the future. That's just like saying "I'll share this video about our progress, so long as everyone promises to believe everything I say and don't seek out any second opinions."

They shouldn't be afraid of people bringing up information they chose not to disclose, this is a discussion thread after all, not a propaganda thread.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2016, 02:31:11 am »
I think they said on the Pandora forum that they wont do anything until they have a finished product to show .    So if that is the case,   then it's just a wait and see if that does eventuate. If they actually asked for cash with nothing to show, then worry.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2016, 02:54:02 am »
Let's not kid ourselves, they are not operating a charity, this was always intended to be a product they can charge quite a bit of money for. Everything they do (including that video) is an attempt to secure trust among their consumer base. They are trying to make a presence on public forums to drum up support for their product so they need to be ready and prepared for fair criticism.

I know I would never consider going to Kickstarter with what they showed in that video, but I can tell you that (at one point in time) they considered going to Kickstarter with that.

chip

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2016, 03:21:20 am »
Jesus, that tablet's not even using a cherry trail chip.  Not only is this not a "prototype" by any rational definition, it's not even arguably useful for basic testing or experimentation purposes.  The only conceivable reason to take about a cheap bay trail tablet and film someone poking at it with a soldering iron is to make it look like you're actually working on something.

I'm trying damn hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't think of a single plausible explanation that doesn't lead to "scam".

vcoleiro1

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2016, 04:18:41 am »
Look I'm just as unconvinced this will eventuate as anyone else.  Time will tell though what they come up with if anything, my bet is still leaning towards vapourware. But we will see.

As for the video, they shouldn't have shown it.  They were pressured into showing more, and they showed that video.  I don't even think it was the final version of it.  So that's all I was saying, a little slack was in order, rather than a complete hanging.   

Though if they had of shown that video and asked for cash, then that's totally different. As it stands now, they have said they wont go to sales until they have completed it and can show it working proper.   If they stick to that, then there really isn't a concern.   But again, IMO , there is probably more chance than not, this will end up as vapourware

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2016, 07:10:37 pm »
I hear what you're saying.

But I still believe that first impressions are lasting ones. Especially if it's awkward silence.

PGSLab

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2016, 08:47:21 pm »
Good evening, friends.
About "early prototype and KS video":
This movie is incomplete. It was created a long time ago, when we were still planning to go on Kickstarter. An early prototype was created almost two years ago. To create it, we used the stuff from Cube iWork 7 2\32 (not Linx). Current prototypes are assembled from more recent hardware (z8700\4gb).

leafar

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2016, 04:48:42 am »
Are you planning going to kickstarter. what about the 7 o 8 inches model, i believe you still follow the guide lines for the price, release day and all others upgrades. Don't forget to ask for suggestion and give to us more info as much you can.Make us to believe.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:08:34 pm by leafar »

MOFO

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:35 pm »
Have to agree a 7-8 inch model would be a great idea and yes PGSLab make us believe!

vcoleiro1

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:44 pm »
They said they have an investor , because of that, their plan at the moment is to not do a Kickstarter or crowd funding.

Deen0X

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2016, 01:39:13 pm »
i thihnk, for this specific device a 7~8 inches screen is a bad idea.

the device will be unbalanced, and uncomfortable to use (all the weight will be on the top of the surface)
i think, 7" must be some sort of GPD-Q9 style (psvita style) with screen on the center and controls on sides.

and yes... i'm expecting to see if this device finally will be released... and when.

AVahne

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2016, 03:19:08 am »

the device will be unbalanced, and uncomfortable to use (all the weight will be on the top of the surface)
i think, 7" must be some sort of GPD-Q9 style (psvita style) with screen on the center and controls on sides.

and yes... i'm expecting to see if this device finally will be released... and when.

Essentially a thinner, more gamer friendly version of this huh?

She a beaut' ain't she?
In all seriousness though this likely looks very awkward to most people, but I absolutely love mine (picture ain't mine).

vcoleiro1

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2016, 03:30:02 am »
@PGSLab

Since you plan to launch this towards the end of the year, have you considered using Intels planned Apollo lake SoC due to come out at the same time?

I understand they will use Gen 9 Graphics architecture. Which should be good
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:35:55 am by vcoleiro1 »

Deen0X

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2016, 08:21:57 am »

Essentially a thinner, more gamer friendly version of this huh?

She a beaut' ain't she?
In all seriousness though this likely looks very awkward to most people, but I absolutely love mine (picture ain't mine).

maybe, but without keyboard. is not necessary in my opinion. only gaming controls

something like this (without keyboard)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVxSOJLAmrQ
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:56:00 am by Deen0X »

Post a new topic