Author Topic: Letcool Gamestation  (Read 130089 times)

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
Re: Letcool Gamestation
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
Oh my, this handheld looks very big in comparsion with a A330.

But ok, as far as i know it has an 3,5" 800x480 display.

Here is the company website with specs and internals: http://www.letcool.net/display/N350JP-B.shtml
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:01:55 AM by SiENcE »

ricsi

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »

Do you have also the letcool (eg did you make the picture?)

If yes could you write a small review about the letcool.
Seems to be really an interesting device, but I fear that the SW is extremely buggy, and that there is no public info/SDK available.

thanx in advance

eule

• * Former Staff
  • e
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:39 AM »
http://www.letcool.net/images/attachments/image/201004/150kaq9r99ol1271992755892.jpg
 ;D
-e- oops, the forum doesnīt scale images?
Interesting device, but i donīt think it has a 800x480 screen, as that would be widescreen (WVGA). Iīd like 640x480, but thatīs a bit unlikely i guess.  :D
I wonder what the battery life is like, the chip is huge, and the supposed 1050mah battery tiny!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:03:28 PM by eule »

joanilson41

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 01:06:01 PM »
well, it's look really good, with this joysticks it become interesting....
the "consoles" with Sunplus 8000 are called spmp8000, because there are almost the same thing, just change the design and menu pictures...
i have a JXD V3, and i say that Sunplus 8000 is a great hardware, but there's bad firmwares and no development tools, the emulators are not bad, but the button mapping turn some games unplayable...

AleMaxx is the guy in MP4Nation that did the working Doom version, with no sound and no ingame options yet, but working with really nice graphics! there are some ppl interested in doing anything, but few experienced programmers in SPMP8000 scene, that's why it's not great by now, but if more hackers and programmers buy these pmp's, so we can have more stuff...

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »

Do you have also the letcool (eg did you make the picture?)

If yes could you write a small review about the letcool.
Seems to be really an interesting device, but I fear that the SW is extremely buggy, and that there is no public info/SDK available.

thanx in advance

Ah nono, i found this on web.

1wiierdguy

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:07:32 AM »
 Ordered one last night. Will post with impressions when it arrives.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 12:12:23 PM »
Ordered one last night. Will post with impressions when it arrives.
I can''t wait for your impressions! :)

P.S. Lets hope something like Dingux (i.e. Linux) can and will be developed for it. Letcoolinux?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Mine was shipped yesterday from hopebuy.com, I hope the delivery doesn't take too long :D
Play nice.
- Max
omgmog.net | @omgmog

The Collection
Dingoo A320, Dingoo A330, Dingoo A380, GP2X Wiz, GBA Micro, DSi, 3DS, PSP-3000, Letcool N350JP, Zipit Z2, Mele A2000, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 5, GPD XD

thismeinteil

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 03:08:24 AM »
Mine was shipped yesterday from hopebuy.com, I hope the delivery doesn't take too long :D

Me, either.  I can't wait to get a full report on this baby.  Pretty excited about the possibilities this device could bring.

LetCool

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »
That think just looks too much like a DS (Maybe it's because it was Designed in Japan?)
I would also like to hear how it is from the people that is getting this. WE DEPENDZ ON YOUR REVIEWS!!!! NO LET US DOWN!!!!!!!
Mostly I want to know about the Video Resolution. The Dingoo has the resolution of 320X240 and any video that has the resolution over 320x240 will most likey lag in the video, and also the Dingoo will push the video Resolution down into 320x240 even though the Video actual size is [let's just say is 640x480]
Aside from Video [I know the MP3 is good and the Voice recording and Radio Sucks] I [And all my peers] want to know if the Emulators are good. This is the big one everybody wants to know but no info on.

MAKE THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THESE PLEASE!

Thank you drive thru....

Solstice

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:27:00 AM »
Yep, ordered mine from Hopebuy -- awaiting them to get back to me for Paypal payment, but hopefully that'll happen soon!

It looks like a potentially good device. Found the review mentioned in the original post already, but that's about the only review out there for it. No screenshots/photos of the OS anywhere, but according to the sales packaging it'll be some PSP-style knock off, possibly like the native Dingoo OS.

I'm not expecting the device to be an open system, but if it's no good it'll be something to pass over to my nephews to play with once I'm done with a teardown/review!
Yeah i was thinking about getting my nephew a dingoo also, but if theres something cheaper that plays GBA fine,ill buy the lil monster one :)
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

mrkingoo

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
Mostly I want to know about the Video Resolution. The Dingoo has the resolution of 320X240 and any video that has the resolution over 320x240 will most likey lag in the video,

Bit OT but in my experience as long as bitrate isnt too high (above 900kbps or so) and vid resolution isnt larger than around 700 pixels wide video plays fine on the A320. This with xvid encoded video

LetCool

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 01:09:11 AM »
Mostly I want to know about the Video Resolution. The Dingoo has the resolution of 320X240 and any video that has the resolution over 320x240 will most likey lag in the video,

Bit OT but in my experience as long as bitrate isnt too high (above 900kbps or so) and vid resolution isnt larger than around 700 pixels wide video plays fine on the A320. This with xvid encoded video
Gonna try that thanks!
Anways, the controller seems to be a little too small for me. It's a super Nintendo controller but the D-pad and Buttons pushed the Start and Select buttons up. And I hope the wire is more than 3 feet. Cannot sit that damn close to a tv even with a little help from the AV-cable it still wouldn't help.

quartercast

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »

Hey what status is your order? Mine said "Received shipped" for a few  days now, but no tracking number nothing.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 03:00:39 PM »

Hey what status is your order? Mine said "Received shipped" for a few  days now, but no tracking number nothing.

"Order state: Received Shipped
Post Date: 2010-5-26"

also, no tracking number for me, but the order info says "Post method   DHL"
Play nice.
- Max
omgmog.net | @omgmog

The Collection
Dingoo A320, Dingoo A330, Dingoo A380, GP2X Wiz, GBA Micro, DSi, 3DS, PSP-3000, Letcool N350JP, Zipit Z2, Mele A2000, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 5, GPD XD

Post a new topic