Author Topic: JXD s7100 -New console-tablet with Android -  (Read 21864 times)

CREATICA (OP)

JXD s7100 -New console-tablet with Android -
« on: December 20, 2011, 03:30:11 pm »
Well, the copies of Yinlips are starting to show up as I predicted (we have been scammed all these years with overpriced and obsolete hardware!).

The jxd s7100.

JXD S7100 is the second (Yinlips G18 being the very first) Android OS hand-held gaming console (with Wi-Fi, an internet browser, physical gaming buttons and a touch screen) to be released onto the market.
Although the JXD S7100 could possibly be a direct competitor to the Yinlips

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190314122742/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcttbE7Ri0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcttbE7Ri0</a>

Available in Taobao for 899 Yuan = 141 dollars = 107 euros (aprox)
Expensive or not, that will depend on the cpu (at the end of the day it's just chinese tablet with controllers - and no L and R shoulder buttons ).

It doesn't say anything about the cpu but Arm 9 and Mali Gpu.

7"" touch screen... and it looks a LOT BETTER than the one in Yinlips (that wasn't hard). Allegedly, as you can see in the video is a multitouch of at least 4 points.  I've read that it could be capacitative but I'm not sure.

Crappy controls like Yinlips!!! Ergonomy? What's that??

The link: http://www.jxd.hk/products.asp?id=604&selectclassid=009006

If I have moar info, I'll keep you informated. This is fresh news.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:54:06 pm by CREATICA »

ruffnutts

Re: Jxd s7100 -New console-tablet with Android -
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 03:54:58 pm »
Yeah thats deffo multi touch great stuff looks like it plays nice  8)

It smells of WII-U lol and its running gingerbread me thinks....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:04:28 pm by ruffnutts »

CREATICA (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »
It's the same 800mhz from Yinlips, right?

Second thoughts:
1. It's not too big to be a "hand-held" console? I mean, ?How long could you hold a chunk of plastic  like that in the air without the support of your elbows?
2. It's possible or feasable to play fight games like Street fighter 2 Alpha 2 without shoulder buttons?
3.  Are those buttons the same ones from the jxd 7000? Did They embed them in a tablet cos they had some buttons left from previous consoles and they didn't know what to do with?
4. What they were thinking???
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:35:36 pm by CREATICA »

bamboori

Re: JXD s7100 -New console-tablet with Android -
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »
i guess its nicer cause of teh larger/better screen, but thanks to that the size is too much for a portable imo( even the yinlips is slightly above the limit for me) and the no r and l buttons might be the killer for this console.

retrogamer

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »
My ydp-g18 is already coming, but I have to admit, I like the look and build of this one better. I am not really into fighting games so trigger buttons are not really a priority. It will be interesting to hear some reviews on it.

CREATICA (OP)

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:25:44 pm »
Actually, I was looking for a tablet (I don't have any). I wanted a capacitative with 4 or 5 points, 1ghz+gpu for less than 100 euros. I've considered the window n50 (that gives you all the good stuff on that range). Could you give me any recommendation?
This doesn't look bad as a tablet but as a console...

lemmywinks

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 06:53:11 pm »
2. It's possible or feasable to play fight games like Street fighter 2 Alpha 2 without shoulder buttons?

Unless the emulator allows you to map an action to dual button presses (I don't know which Android emus they're using, based on my experience with Snesoid and Mojo I'm guessing not) then you might have to make do with just 2 different punches/kicks.
I suppose you could play the GBA SF:Alpha and map the shoulder buttons to two face buttons, that's a suitable way of doing it.

Tbh having a handheld that can emulate PSX/N64 and not fitting shoulder buttons shows a lack of understanding of the market, I was really interested in this until i read that. A really bad oversight I think, even lots of Snes games will be unplayable.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

ruffnutts

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »
Actually, I was looking for a tablet (I don't have any). I wanted a capacitative with 4 or 5 points, 1ghz+gpu for less than 100 euros. I've considered the window n50 (that gives you all the good stuff on that range). Could you give me any recommendation?
This doesn't look bad as a tablet but as a console...

I have a window N50DT and I fooking love it only had it since monday the 12 of december, the thing is now adnroid 4.0 Ice cream sandwitch is coming to it by christmas lol, I cant wait it already runs gingerbread 2.3 with a 3.0 UI  8)
Get it its worth every penny  8)

ruffnutts

BTW I got mine from JTShop online but mp4nation are stocking the N50GT now 119 dollars the N50 is the old version now so N50DT or GT the only difference is the company that make the screen thats it... psx runs great!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:17:49 pm by ruffnutts »

hedgehog88

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 07:43:13 pm »
Well I like the design too and well, shoulder buttons on such a big device wouldn't be very useful anyway but I'm confident JXD will release soon a smaller one with let's say a jxd 5000 design and it might be not so bad... I quite like the menu system too but I already have an Android tablet so I may pass on this one. The other thing is with probably many devices on Android, the development of new emulators will certainly increase and are we sure that JXD won't "close" its device again as they used to do...

CREATICA (OP)

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »

Unless the emulator allows you to map an action to dual button presses (I don't know which Android emus they're using, based on my experience with Snesoid and Mojo I'm guessing not) then you might have to make do with just 2 different punches/kicks.
I suppose you could play the GBA SF:Alpha and map the shoulder buttons to two face buttons, that's a suitable way of doing it.

Tbh having a handheld that can emulate PSX/N64 and not fitting shoulder buttons shows a lack of understanding of the market, I was really interested in this until i read that. A really bad oversight I think, even lots of Snes games will be unplayable.

I'll put a very simple sketch of the situation regarding chinese companies:

What the users want    <---------------      -----------> what the companies actually do

Time after time. This is an endless process.

Well I like the design too and well, shoulder buttons on such a big device wouldn't be very useful anyway but I'm confident JXD will release soon a smaller one with let's say a jxd 5000 design and it might be not so bad... I quite like the menu system too but I already have an Android tablet so I may pass on this one. The other thing is with probably many devices on Android, the development of new emulators will certainly increase and are we sure that JXD won't "close" its device again as they used to do...

Thanks for the websites. I'm gonna use them. Greetings.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:57:57 pm by CREATICA »

bigdavebear

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 10:21:21 pm »
Dont like the look of this one...

Its gone a bit Wiz with the buttons.... i.e its like a 2nd D-Pad and any console needs shoulder buttons, with out them your limited to the controlls for many games systems after the Sega MD.

I know mapping shoulder buttons to others helps with some games (i map my GBA games to the XY on my Dingoo for most games, but some games play better with shoulder buttons.

And some games would be awkward without them..

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 03:26:56 am »
Can't say that this one is doing it for me, but at least we're getting on the right track now.

t-link

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:57:10 am »
JXD S7100 、lotiyo T8 、yinlips G18 all of them use the same SoC

spn-x

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »
!OMG!.. the YINLIPS is still O.K... but this thing is HUGE  :o
I'm staying with my G18
My Dingoo : Dingux // dmenu 0.3 ; gmenu2x // Native : FW 1.2
                    Joystick Mod

CREATICA (OP)

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 09:33:58 am »
Is a quite significant thing that if you go to JXD website you'll find that s7100 is not in the category consoles, it's in MID's category. So I wasn't wrong when I stated this is a mainly a tablet with crappy controllers incorporated. Otherwise, all the consoles from this company have the same crappy buttons which I don't like a little bit (What's wrong with the a320 buttons?). So, don't expect much from JXD.
As a tablet there are best and cheaper options out there-------> Window N50, Ainol Novo 7 Basic and so on.

Edger

CREATICA (OP)

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 07:33:43 pm »
http://a320.emulate.su/?s=%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE

ARM Cortex [email protected]
    GPU MALI-400
    OpenGL ES 1.x/2.0
    Размер диска ? от 2 до 16 гб
    RAM ? 512 MB
    Экран ? 7 дюймов@ 800?480
    ОС ? Android 2.2
    WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (врут небось про n)
    Выход HDMI
    Акселерометр
    Размеры: 238.5?121.7?12.35 мм
    USB 2.0, в том числе OTG
    HDMI

If it's true, flawless n64 and psx emulations at affordable price starts right here.

Well, what's your take on this device?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:08:00 pm by CREATICA »

jimclarson

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »
i'll continue to wait until something with exceptional build quality and control/ergonomics design comes out that isnt made of cheap materials and actualy looks unique in apearance and thinks of emulation gamers when making, i would be fine if it came with android out of box, but id also like if it was made open with homebrew linux os devs in mind and actualy was full fledged open source, so in essence they'd be providing hardware that does something already when you get it [android] but can be turned into a homebrew/linux and dev playground. thats my fantasy, and many others i sure as well, and im not buying a single handheld till something like what I'm saying is released, that skimps on nothing, no cutting corners anywhere, good solid build quality, nice gripping for comfort, and controls that feel like they're an extension of your finger's natural dexterity. until this is released im not buying, and don't even bring up the caanoo, the darn thing uses a joystick and is underpowered for perfect, fullspeed snes emulation, by that i mean, all roms [except tengai makyou zero] will play flawless, in all parts of the game at full fps without slowdown. and again, good build quality, i cant stress that enough, if i hear one creak, moan, over clickyness, or is it even looks breakable in any place, im not ever buying it. i wait for my dream console to arrive....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:30:07 pm by jimclarson »

bamboori

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 08:37:17 pm »
i guess you could get away better with a handmade potable of the wanted consoles :p

CREATICA (OP)

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 08:44:53 pm »
Summarizing.

The unforgiving flaws from new android consoles so far

s7100

- Too big
- No shoulder buttons.

Yinlips

- The buttons
- Resistive screen with 1 point (no multitouch).

It's not that bad. they only have to change two or three things and the outcome would be pretty neat.

Patience...

Post a new topic