Author Topic: Joyou S430  (Read 7904 times)

Pardue (OP)

• GamingGems
Joyou S430
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:09:22 pm »
I got a Joyou S430 because the seller had a massive clearance on it and claimed it supports Dingux. Spoiler alert- it doesn't. But at least this video has a happy ending.

Enjoy! Or as Joyou would say: "Enjoy Game,Enjoy Your Life!"

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190314142835/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8qgGlQBUes" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8qgGlQBUes</a>

Girl

Re: Joyou S430
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 04:18:51 am »
"Enjoy Game,Enjoy Your Life!"

lol the video was cute but i did Not enjoy the bad news , i wish there were more non android handheld choices for good prices

oh ! and , you said the "dingoo was the first emulator handheld" um no , i'm pretty sure the GP2X was before that a long time ago , and ? PSP too if it was like changed to do emulator things =^p

thanks so much for talking about the dpad being too spaced out okbye
i'm cheating on my PSPs

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:43:54 pm »
Oh god the shiny finish. Finger prints everywhere. At least they can do one thing right: packaging. Too bad they remove packaging whenever I buy things from China to save on shipping.

Pardue (OP)

• GamingGems
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:32:23 am »
Yeah, I immediately regretted ordering a black unit. But there were some cool ideas here and I hope to see another handheld that uses the 3.5mm component out jack, but I'm not holding my breath. Tsk, tsk. So much wasted potential here. China seems to be more concerned with making sure their units look good in the box rather than working correctly.

Dcpmark

• My handheld collection
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 03:45:38 am »

oh ! and , you said the "dingoo was the first emulator handheld" um no , i'm pretty sure the GP2X was before that a long time ago , and ? PSP too if it was like changed to do emulator things =^p

And before the GP2X there was the GP32.....I have both. ;D
Devices: Nvidia Shield Portable, PS Vita, 3DS XL, PSP 2000 (hacked), DS Lite (hacked), Dingoo A320, GP2X, GP2X with NGage D-pad mod, GP32 BLU, Gizmondo, NGage, GBA Micro, GBA SP, GBA, Sega Game Gear, Atari Lynx, NEC TurboExpress, Sega Nomad

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 01:48:49 am »

lol the video was cute but i did Not enjoy the bad news , i wish there were more non android handheld choices for good prices

thanks so much for talking about the dpad being too spaced out okbye

You start off talking about the dingoo, which was far from the first open source handheld.  Then start talking about the Joyou A320+, which is a terrible device and is in no way related to the dingoo.

And there ends your history of hand held emulators.  No mention of the Zero, which is light years better than either the dingoo or Joyou...

??

Pardue (OP)

• GamingGems
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 05:55:42 pm »
The video was a review of the Joyou S430. The seller's ad claimed it supported Dingux.

The Dingoo A320 supports Dingux. The Joyou A320+ was influenced by the A320. And the seller's ad claimed the Joyou S430 supports Dingux. Get it?

And my new channel is completely divorced from the Zero, so it will never be mentioned on there.

lemmywinks

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 07:52:37 pm »
Well I enjoyed the video...

There's been a disappointing lack of cheap tat consoles on these boards in the last year or so, good that you're bringing them back!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

onthebridge

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:28:31 pm »
Well, there are still gamegadgets (opendingux is available for it) for 25 pounds  :) I just wish they made the new releases compatible with it ...

lemmywinks

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »
Gamegadgets are nowhere near bad enough, if it doesn't have Engrish, bizarre pictures on the box or a claimed 999999 games built in I aint interested!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

Girl

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 07:34:23 am »
my new channel is completely divorced from the Zero, so it will never be mentioned on there.

why ? do you not like those or something ?

if it doesn't have Engrish, bizarre pictures on the box or a claimed 999999 games built in I aint interested!

lol !
i'm cheating on my PSPs

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »
my new channel is completely divorced from the Zero, so it will never be mentioned on there.

I think it was personal.  Which is a shame, because he loses credibility as a reviewer if he refuses to talk about a great product because of personal problems with the company.

lemmywinks

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 11:43:50 pm »
A lot of the original supporters have distanced themselves from the Zero, can't really blame anyone besides the Zero doesn't have much relevance to Pardue's YT channel.

Personally I enjoyed all the videos I've watched on it so far so please keep posting them on here, it's good to have some variety on the boards as the older subforums can die off a bit.
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

Girl

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 04:54:44 pm »
I think it was personal.  Which is a shame

is the GCW-zero like the best non android handheld or something ?
i'm cheating on my PSPs

lemmywinks

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 07:35:32 pm »
is the GCW-zero like the best non android handheld or something ?

Nah, it just has a small but very vocal group of supporters on here who promote it. It's probably a good choice if you never want to play anything after GBA though, however if you've been using other emulation handhelds in the last 3+ years you would probably be disappointed.
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

Pardue (OP)

• GamingGems
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 04:03:00 am »

Yeah, I go involved with the company and had an old YouTube channel that was basically built around it. Probably the main reason I choose to not include the Zero on my new channel is because I'm aware that I was able to bring in subscribers by having a pre-production unit to test before anyone else. With my new channel I wanted to do my own thing and not rely on the Zero to build subscribers. It was tough starting out but my new channel is growing faster and will overtake the old channel soon so I'm glad I made that choice.

I think it was personal.  Which is a shame, because he loses credibility as a reviewer if he refuses to talk about a great product because of personal problems with the company.

Yes there is a personal part of it, but you have to remember that I was involved with the company, so my experience with the Zero isn't comparable to a typical user and it would be difficult to be neutral. I could just as easily be accused of shilling the Zero if I featured it on my new channel. So that's why I just prefer to keep it off the channel.

And lemmywinks is absolutely correct, the issue really doesn't even come up on the new channel anyways. Even if I didn't have any hang ups about the Zero, I still wouldn't have featured it in this review because the A320 was clearly more relevant. The Joyou company made a device called the A320+ and now this seller is claiming the S430 runs Dingux. If I had used the Zero instead of the A320, I'd have to take another step and explain how the Zero is related to all of this and that would throw off the audience and mess up the flow of the review.

zhongtiao1

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 01:17:12 am »
Thought you may be interested in this, even though it's technically not Joyou...

From the vast land of DHgate in China....

I give you the PVG Station: http://www.dhgate.com/product/100pcs-hot-sale-pvg-game-player-2-5inch-pve/239088646.html#s9-22-1a  ;D :'(

It is a pretty and petite game system that also comes with Double Game

The box insists on the front and back that it is a Slim gETAR-Station

On the back, there is and LCD Note as well: "Due to the characteristics of the LCD, there are some dots that do not light up or that never turn off. However, please note that this is not a defect." Now that just screams quality doesn't it   ::) ;)

Also, you're cursed to buy it at 100 pieces at a time
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:19:32 am by zhongtiao1 »

Pardue (OP)

• GamingGems
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 04:49:32 am »
Haha, I've seen those. They seem like just regular 100 in 1 handhelds. I've seen others shaped like the PSP and the second controller is shaped like a very cut down PSP, it looks weird but it's a 9 pin controller so I'd like to get one someday.

Post a new topic