Author Topic: Gamebox GBX-1001  (Read 88237 times)

den66

Re: Gamebox GBX-1001
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 07:18:03 am »
and about the jamma box ?
i think it's the same thing as gamebox and i don't see any gba port, only sdcard
so how can you play ?

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 08:23:34 am »
It isn't confirmed that you can't use the SD slot for roms, but at this point it doesn't look promising.

Re the jamma version, it's quite possible it will have the same built in games as the home version.

mortys

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 08:26:06 am »
Just an idea for those who already got their gamebox. Upload some game on a gba flashcard. Maybe it'll work if the cartidge given with the console contain the games.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:41 am »
Someone did try that and reported only GBA roms were recognised.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2011, 02:11:32 pm »
Here are some important excerpts (loosely de-Chinglished) from the instructions:

Without game card [referring to the GBA styled cartridge port] the system defaults to the built in games.

USB port of this machine is only designed for debugging purposes by professional engineers. Users cannot use the USB port at this time.

Special Note:
This console can supply tens of thousands of games so user who purchase console will receive 60 classic games built in for free.

It really looks like a no go for loading your own roms. Looks like we will have to buy game carts from them when they're released.

I bet you the USB needs to be accessed via a special button combo, similar to how the Dingoo requires a special sequence for updating firmware/using the unbricker tool. It probably needs a proprietary driver too.

darfgarf

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »
usb might be something like a network setup even, need to connect it to a linux box as it's more likely to have a driver that would work :P

z_man3007

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 02:30:07 pm »
usb might be something like a network setup even, need to connect it to a linux box as it's more likely to have a driver that would work :P

Very Very good point.  As soon as I get mine, I will surely try your suggestion.  Thanks dude   ;) ;)

z_man3007

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »
I have just received mine and I have hooked it up to my Ubuntu 10 Linux laptop but nothing  :-\.  It doesn't show any portable drive or anything at all.  I haven't played any game yet but I will do that as soon I get home.  I also have a supercard that I will try to see if it takes through the cartridge slot.  I will post you all with the updates...... ;D ;D ;D

z_man3007

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2011, 11:30:56 pm »
Please DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK..... This device is nothing but a PLASTIC BOX.... Please don't waste your money.  Video quality is not good at all I wish I didn't buy this crap.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

zogby

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:41 am »
have you tried to run gba emulators for it like pceadvance
i cant wait till its cracked and hopefuly it runs snes and genesis like they claimed it would

adrianomm

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 04:51:15 am »
If GBA files do run, maybe it is just a question of finding the correct extension or format to make it run SFC/MD/NEOGEO/MAME games and others.

There is still some hope. Maybe somebody will find a way to run all the games from the SDCARD.

adrianomm

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 04:52:13 am »

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 08:12:46 pm »
I was browsing the link above

Seens they figured out the processor was jz4755 just as darfgarf said (lucky guess? hmm)

And the frontal USB ports aren't USB... If you connect the controller to the PC, it doesnt recognize/does nothing.

And i think some guys are almost hacking it there.
Read for yourself if you didnt understand anything i said.

@edit
Ive been browsing trough the PDF file here, documentation from jz4755...
Seens interesting, has a CPU, and  VPU...
XBurst CPU
−  XBurst
®
  RISC instruction set to support Linux and WinCE
−  XBurst
®
  SIMD instruction set to support multimedia acceleration
−  XBurst
®
  8-stage pipeline micro-architecture up to 360MHz
What can we do with that?
Operating frequency is the same of the dingoo (400mhz)...
Nothing more of interesting that i could dig up, and the guy on the other forum also found that out i see.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:36:02 pm by SilverhawkBR »

yoshi41

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 09:44:16 pm »
Got mine today. Here's my first impression (nothing you can't find at the arcadecontrols link):

- emu, sound and picture quality is not very good (but what would you expect from a $50 device with composite out)
- the emus use frameskip (last resort runs too fast for instance)
- the pad works surprisingly good (street fighter plays quite well)
- the power and reset buttons just need to be touched (not pressed)
- using a 8gb microSDHC card prevents the console from booting (i don't have a smaller microSD card to test)
- there's a built-in fan

In summary, I'm quite happy with the game selection and the quality is not too bad (for it's price).

This could be a fine console with Linux (Dingux) support !
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

capt_bugaloo

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »
A couple of questions:
 - How good is the GBA emulation?  The same as native Dingoo, better, or worse?
 - Have you had any success running any other game files off the SD card?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic