Author Topic: Aliexpress delivers once more. Horrid Design Choice  (Read 1513 times)

zhongtiao1 (OP)

Aliexpress delivers once more. Horrid Design Choice
« on: July 22, 2015, 07:39:23 pm »
I was cruising around Aliexpress today and I found this little beauty:  ;)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-8bit-game-player-support-big-yellow-card-coolboy-400-in-1-game-card/32344550411.html

Where to start? First of all, why use AAA batteries? Second, that screen is horrible, Third, the cartridge placement....

I know it comes with a 400-in-1 game cart, but that doesn't make up for the design. Comes with an AV-out cable that most likely doesn't work. There is a DC power port, but there doesn't seem to be a cord for it... guess it's AAA batteries for everyone ;D

Pardue

• GamingGems
Re: Aliexpress delivers once more. Horrid Design Choice
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:47:15 am »
Yeah. Woof. That one's pretty bad.

But Hamy can make some cool stuff here and there. They have an earlier version of that handheld which actually does have the cartridge in a more flush/GameBoy sort of setup.

And this one looks pretty cool as well   :P

But I always wanted this one. I'm almost about to pull the trigger too because the price has dropped. Argh!! Decisions!!

zhongtiao1 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »
Yeah. Most of Hamy's handhelds are great. The middle one I can tell you from experience is superb. I myself am about to pull the trigger on an iQue 3ds ;D of course that means I won't be able to use cfw's or play any games i have currently, but... :) it's an iQue

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:38:27 pm »
iQue is still around?!?!? I remember their N64 plug and play thing but I thought that was a one-time thing for the Chinese market. Wow.

zhongtiao1 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 01:29:13 am »
Yeah, the 3ds xl is their latest :D I already have their region-locked ds lite :P and two games. Supposedly, iQue has a bigger market share than Nintendo Phuten (Taiwan) and Hong Kong, which is not saying much :)