Author Topic: JXD S18  (Read 35481 times)

jon cash

Re: JXD S18
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 06:44:57 pm »
hi bamboori,
saw your post regarding the s18 v1 firmware.
I believe that is the same version that came with my s18-01. However, I notice that on the original firmware, the battery life was just horrible. The second version is just the same, however when you're at 25% and below, the battery seems to last a little longer.
And there seems to be a download called "S18 Preloaded Content", but after downloading that large file, I don't see any system files. Maybe you can send jxd an email.

Thanks and regards.
jon

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:50 am »
sorry, afaik there is no custom firmware for the jxd s18.
however since it has root, you can clean up the device a little by yourself ;)
remove unnecessary apps (i dont remember if it had a phone.apk),
change settings in build.prop and underclock it via setcopu or a similar tool (i came to like antutu cpu master).
however i dont know if you can use audio equalizers with the s18. didnt use it for a long time.

jon cash

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »
hi bamboori,
was cracking my head trying to figure out how to get this done, especially regrading battery life.
I tried the tweaks on xda developers by using the init.d option. And I'm sure that I'm getting better battery life now. Do refer to the screenshots.
By the way, I'm still unsuccessful in trying to build my own modified jxd s18 rom I keep getting thev"verification failed" error.

jon cash

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2014, 09:28:23 pm »
p/s: though I'm puzzled as to why after giving it a full charge last night and letting it sleep, there was still a drop in battery life from 100 to 85%.
by the way, the link is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1227269

jon cash

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »
Dear everyone,
now im having problems booting up after i re-flashed the firmware. Seems that when i press the power button, all i get is the jxd logo. Nothing else happens. I cant even enter recovery mode. I can upgrade uboot though. If i try to reinstall the firmware, still nothing happens.
Please advise. Thanks

Post a new topic
Post a new topic