Author Topic: Bluetooth and tablets  (Read 2353 times)

jamesensor (OP)

Bluetooth and tablets
« on: January 13, 2015, 03:35:50 am »
Hi guys,

Question here.

Is it possible to connect at the same time a keyboard and bluetooth mouse to a windows tablet?

I'm getting one and I wanted to spare its usb port to charge/keep powered while using it at home.

It's an 8" tablet and I'm searching for a case with keyboard and would like to get also a bt mouse with just one aaa battery usage (I have a wireless mouse with just one too). If you have any sugestions I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

lemmywinks

Re: Bluetooth and tablets
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:34:14 am »
Yeah you can have mutiple BT peripherals, everything I use is connected via BT. Usually have a keyboard, mouse and Ipega gamepad connected.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

lemmywinks

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 10:34:04 am »
Btw I just got a cheap slim BT mouse off eBay and it works fine, the only lag I have experienced was with Skyrim which was unplayable. The keyboard I got was for an iPad Mini and is the clasp on style so like a mini laptop rather than a folio case. Not a perfect fit but I prefer it to the generic ones, much more compact and convenient to use.

When trying to find a keyboard case I looked at which name brand tablets had the same dimensions, the Voyo I have (also branded as the Pipo W2) is exactly the same size as the Lenovo Miix 2 for instance and is also very similar to the Dell Venue 8.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

jamesensor (OP)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 05:27:55 pm »
Awesome Lemmy,  :) thanks for the answers. The tablet I ordered is a Pipo W2F, so it's similar to what you have ^^. I think it will be awesome for old pc gaming and dosbox! The 3735F chip is a cheap one but I've seen some nice videos of this hardware running recent games fairly well. I didn't had any knowledge about these references, so watching some game videos with these tablets made me had an idea of what it could run. NFS Most Wanted runs, so it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuAY1k642M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0_w8xTkj8

Concerning my needs, I've been researching too, . Here's what I think it might be convenient for a mouse:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-6D-Rechargeable-Bluetooth-Mouse-Lion-Battery-wholesale-free-drop-shiping/1465487277.html

I won't have to be purchasing batteries and so on. And it's cheap.

As for keyboard, I'd like it in a case so I can carry it in my bag all together, practical.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Detachable-Magnet-Bluetooth-3-0-Keyboard-Case-Cover-for-Lenovo-ThinkPad-8-Inch---Black-329159.html

Seems good?  :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:40:15 pm by jamesensor »
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

lemmywinks

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:23:56 am »
Yeah they should all work fine, I think it's more personal preference really. I went for a slim mouse as even though it's not as comfortable it keeps the overall size down and I also wanted the hinged keyboard so it was more like a netbook when in use. It also leaves the sides and top edge exposed so you can access all buttons and ports which is something to watch out for when buying generic cases, all tablets are a bit different!

If you're using it as a media device either on it's own or hooked up to a TV then I use a cheap BT flymouse too, it has media buttons and obviously a touchpad and keyboard. Makes watching films, Youtube etc much more comforable! The Ipega pad I have also has a mouse mode and media buttons which is handy.

Is that Need for Speed MW the older one or the one from a couple of years ago? I would be impressed if it was the recent one as I tried to get the Hot Pursuit reboot (2010?) working on my A6 laptop and it was just shy of being playable.
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

jamesensor (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 12:39:27 pm »
I agree with your points too about media. And have to have in consideration the side sockets so they don't get blocked by the case.

The nfs in the video is the 2005 version. I love the police chases. Use enb and the game will look even better.  :D

lemmywinks

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 02:30:25 pm »
All of the PS2/GC/XBox era games should be fine at 720p or native resolution, I've been playing a lot of Halo and Resident Evil 4 on my laptop and they run at maximum settings. More modern games are pretty variable although I was genuinely surprised at how well things like Resident Evil 5 and Dead Island run on my A6 laptop, it's amazing how far low power chips have come really, I just wish I had a bigger SD card as 64gb isn't enough!
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

Post a new topic