Author Topic: What's the future of gaming/game consoles?  (Read 3877 times)

Dooyhey (OP)

What's the future of gaming/game consoles?
« on: October 25, 2014, 04:00:36 am »
Now we have  different games on different systems. Do you think we can play all games in only one device in the future? What's in your mind? What do you think will be the gaming future?
My favorite game on jxd s7800b:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tbhr4gqhI

55Ophen

Re: What's the future of gaming/game consoles?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:50:41 am »
Steaming is already exsist now. But i hope all games will be available on one device. Then, what's the standard for different game campanies to make a profit? lol
My devices:
GB, PS3, jxd s7800b

sadgasm

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »
I think in the future you can play all games on all devices. There will be a time when you can play games which like photorealistic on any mobile device. Then you can play games on the device you like just you can now with music, pictures and videos.
Handhelds:
Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Advance SP Classic NES Edition + EZ Flash IV, Nintendo DSLite + M4i Gold, PSP 1001, Big Ben Gametab One

Consoles:
Nintendo Super Enterteinment System, Nintendo Wii with Homebrew Channel, Sony Playstation 1, Sony Playstation 2, Sony Playstation 3

55Ophen

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:07:41 am »
I think in the future you can play all games on all devices. There will be a time when you can play games which like photorealistic on any mobile device. Then you can play games on the device you like just you can now with music, pictures and videos.
I think in the futrue we can play all games on just one game console. lol
Actually maybe just my hope 'cause this will save us a lot of money.
My devices:
GB, PS3, jxd s7800b

Doggydogg

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »
I for one am very interested in the gpd gamebox arrival , I'm buying one as soon as they go on sale just to play with while waiting on the gamebox 2 with RK3288 . I do own a xbox one but I'm very exited about what androids gaming future will be , according to gpd the future is android games and although along way from competing with the likes of ps4 and xbox one I think it's entirely possible for this to be a huge success considering android game prices and also the potential for customisation that you cannot get from the big ps4 and xbox one consoles . And $60 is a steal for these consoles that do so much . I don't think yo will get this kind of bargain console at argos lol
Always piss downwind :)

Melquiades

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 09:16:08 am »
In my opinion the future will be something like this:
- PC will continue to grow, slowly but surely. No matter if the Steam boxes succeed or not. Steam controller will be a flop, anyway.
- Sales for PS4/XO will be OK but not great. PS2 times are over. These systems will last less than the previous generation,  and who knows if there will be another next gen. PS Vita will surely be Sony last handheld.
- Nintendo will survive and maybe even do well. Who knows that they will do in a few years. Unlike MS or Sony they can not just "quit" the console war.
- Phones and tablets will continue dumbing down games for years to come.
- Android gamepads will disappear, eventually. They will be substituted by Windows gamepads. As soon as the first cheap W8 handheld is released, there will be lots of android clearances.
- Oculus and other VR headsets will fail miserably. The case will probably even worse than 3D TVs. Everybody will try it at the mall and have fun for 3 minutes. But nobody will buy it. Just wait.
- Google glasses will have some applications in videogames. HUD integration and crap like that.
- Gaming physical stores will disappear in 5 years time max. As per today, other than ebay retro sellers, they are unneccessary. Eventually MS or Sony will lower digital prices and they will vanish within months.
- The graphic improvement will come to a halt in 5 years max. After that, technology will become cheaper, accessible for users and indies. EA, Ubisoft and other big companies will face difficult times. When this happens, the money will be made by game creators, not by CEOs, and the gaming industry will become more like the movie industry. Lame people still go to watch the last Spielberg's movie, but I don't think anybody goes to watch the last Warner Bros's movie. The same will happen with game directors and studios.
- Eventually we will grow old (if we are lucky that is), older games will not be emulated for newer OS, because new developers will lack motivation. Emulators will be emulated. Old games will be forgotten, only some kept at museums, with a layer of dust on top.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:22:26 am by Melquiades »

quasist

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 01:18:34 am »
Video games shall transcend leaving humans behind....

DixieKongJD

• L4W2 Gamers
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:19 pm »
Nintendo will probably quit the console market, but not the portable systems market, because they're doing well there (Wii U = Dreamcast right now, as in 'released year before, worst performer in the console war').

Modern population will not know about anything other than PS473957 and Xbox 4096 Thirty Two one day, all others will be unknown.

Android gaming takes over the world and Google have offices spying on every single mobile gamer. At least they're getting what they deserve, mobile gaming sucks.

GCW Zero will probably still be around in some form.

SONY

• !
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 01:52:15 am »
Nintendo will probably quit the console market, but not the portable systems market, because they're doing well there (Wii U = Dreamcast right now, as in 'released year before, worst performer in the console war').

NX
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

Charliedontsurf

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 10:21:44 am »
Consoles will die, Android will continue to proliferate, Windows will hang on, Apples will sadly also hang on, Virtual Reality will within 10 years redefine much of what we think of as a game and draw in many, many non-gamers who use it for other purposes, like virtually enjoying live concerts, political events, sporting events, and of course erotica.
Xperia Play, Nvidia Shield
Emulation should be free and open.

gabithompson730

• Huge-IT
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 07:15:01 am »
I also think that in the future we can play all games on all devices :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic