Author Topic: The Introductions Topic  (Read 52889 times)

micky011

Re: The Introductions Topic
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2012, 01:10:24 pm »
Hi, everyone
i am new here and my name is micky smith. I like to playing games online.

Latest Games Play Online @ Games160.com

ThatOtherPerson

• ThatOtherDev dev blog
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2012, 12:35:30 am »
Hi. I'm ThatOtherPerson. I'm a programmer and I mostly just make simple homebrew games for Wii but I've also done things for PS3, Windows and GP2X. I don't know what else to say.

Chex

• Chex Plays Games
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2012, 07:08:19 am »
Hi, I'm Chex from USA! USA! USA!

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190314155310/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4v9Da5DpYo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4v9Da5DpYo</a>

I fled here from the land of my oppressors (that is to say, 'gaming forums' that hate every game that isn't new and popular) to discuss the games and systems I actually enjoy. I began to phase out of popular game trends in around 2010, when I realized most of those trends SUCK, and I discovered the more obscure world of clone consoles, retro gaming, and Japanese scrolling shooters. It wasn't until a few months ago when I got my first Android game tablet, a JXD S5110. I've been playing with it a lot, all this stuff is really new and exciting to me as someone who's only ever settled for the coolest new popular game, but according to some people I'm not supposed to be excited about it. Party poopers!

Anyway, I do have a YouTube channel in which I upload various chiptunes and the occasional half-joking rant video. It was qbertaddict1 who ultimately turned me onto this site, I found his reviews on YouTube and he pointed me here. Thanks, qbert! ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:15:41 am by Chex »
YOU GONNA GET CHEX'D
DS Phat | GenMobile | FC-16 Go | JXD S5110 | JXD S7300 | Retromini

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2012, 07:43:33 pm »
Hey, i'm Trevor, but you can call me Turkish.
"Snatch" movie reference aside, i just like the way it clicks off the tip of the tongue.
Say it with me now, Tur-kish...Nice huh...?
HAha.

Anyways, you all may be wondering why i'm always on this site so much, here and there, talking my smack, haha, and the answers are simple, so simple...(not to be sugar coated...)

1. i have no life
2. i am retired
3. i am self employed
4. i am a huge retro-gamer
6. i love controversy, it's just too much fun
...and 5. i'm bored of everything else 3)

Okay, well that was easy, 'til next we meet, cheerio!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:45:12 pm by Turkish »

Agrajag

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 10:29:54 pm »
Hi, I'm Agrajag from Suffolk, England.  I'm known by this name on a few other sites related to emulation and handheld gaming, and have been lurking on here since buying an A320 last summer and finding out how to install Dingux, but never got around to registering until now.  Huge thanks to everyone responsible for Dingux / Open Dingux and the various emulators, and of course all the really helpful info on this site.

I bought my Dingoo as a stop-gap while waiting for the Pandora to become a viable purchase.  It's not had a great deal of use, mainly due to the screen being so bad, but it's a good way to kill a few spare minutes now and then.  Well, a year later I still haven't ordered a Pandora but the GCW Zero is looking very interesting - sort of what the Dingoo could have been if they'd made it properly in the first place.  I think I may just have to treat myself to an early Christmas present!

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2012, 08:51:44 pm »
Howdy, y'all. Sorry I didn't post in this topic earlier, must have missed it. The dingoo a320 was first brought to my attention by a post on a certain anonymous imageboard (not the one with the Yotsuba for a mascot), so if that anonymous poster is also here, thanks for letting me know about this superior handheld.

I've found use for all of the dingoo's native features (even the sorry flash video player) and have never been bored thanks to all the cool apps and games for dingux. Looking forward to the community's continued coolness on the GCW-Zero! ;D
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

spiteface

« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2012, 01:06:12 am »
I've already started posting here with a technical issue, but I think I should take the time to introduce myself.

I am Spiteface, from Newbridge, South Wales, UK.

I made my first steps into the world of emulator handhelds when I bought a GPH Caanoo earlier this year following me being dumb enough to a) break the screen on my hacked PSP, b) being too lazy to go through all that hacking again. I had heard of handhelds like the Dingoo and GPH's consoles and felt like this was the best option to delve into this world. I saw the Caanoo on sale on a UK-based website so I decided to treat myself. Recently I felt like getting something better, or at least something with a D-Pad and decided to look at my options, and saw mention of things like the forthcoming GCW Zero. Part of my reason for signing up was to keep track of developments on that, and the ever-growing array of Android-based consoles.

Fluff

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »
Hello all, I'm Fluff.
I'm a long time gamer, of many consoles as well as computers. I'm only 19, nearing 20 but I've long been a part of the retro gaming scene.. Lately though as I've learned of the gcw zero I've been highly intrigued by the ideas of such a device as well as open source games and homebrews. I have literally no knowledge of any of these things yet, as new as new can be. Hope to learn though, I plan to be around here for a long time.

SolarLune

• SolarLune Games
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2013, 04:12:51 pm »
Hi, I'm SolarLune. I'm a wannabe indie game developer interested in things you can develop for (as most of these handhelds are). Nice to be here!
Check out my game development progress on Twitter and YouTube.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SolarLune
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SolarLuneTube?feature=mhee

Emzik

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:49 pm »
Hello, I am Emma

irenetea

Hello,Everybody, I am a new comer.
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2013, 03:52:10 am »
Hello friends,

I'm Irene, I'm from Shenzhen .

I love Dingoo previouly, so sad to see it may fail.

Any way, I want to start my business using Chinese tea instead of Dingoo.

Welcome to make friends with me !
Love peace, love life.

Trevor Belomont

Re: Hello,Everybody, I am a new comer.
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2013, 07:02:47 am »
Hello Irene, how are you?

Welcome to Dingoonity.

How do you like living in Shenzhen?
We all love Shenzhen because of the wonderful, electronic video game handhelds that are produced there.
I myself have never been there, but would like to someday. 3-)

What is your favorite flavor/herbal mix of tea?

irenetea

Re: Hello,Everybody, I am a new comer.
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2013, 03:00:11 am »
Hello Irene, how are you?

Welcome to Dingoonity.

How do you like living in Shenzhen?
We all love Shenzhen because of the wonderful, electronic video game handhelds that are produced there.
I myself have never been there, but would like to someday. 3-)

What is your favorite flavor/herbal mix of tea?

Thank you for your kindly welcome, gentalman. I love Shenzhen, this is a dynamic city! If you come here one day, remember to call me, I will invite you to have Chinese dishes. ;)

Well, about the tea, I always drink green tea, I love "tie guanyin", it exudes a faint scent.

How about you guys?
Love peace, love life.

Fei

• Retre-gaming Connexion
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:32 pm »
Hi :)

I'm Fei, 28 years old. From France.
I just received the KS edition of the GCW-0 and this forum was very useful to answer at some of my questions ^^
So I register to thanks some guys and follow the news :)

I used to be a Dingoo A320 user too !

lwizardl

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2014, 09:46:49 am »

Known Alias: lwizardl

Date of Birth: August 29, 1980

Favorite Toy Companies: Kenner, Playmates, Takara, Hasbro (Not newer junk toys)
Toys I Collect: Challenge of the Go-Bots (one that I want the most), G.I. Joes, Kamen Rider (Masked Rider), Machine Robo, Masters of the Universe, Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, Transformers (G1 & G2), Voltron, Z-Bots

History: Child of the 1980′s, Love to watch cartoons, Anime, Horror, Science Fiction. Collector of the Action Figures of my childhood, Magic The Gathering, and Video Games.

sadgasm

« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2014, 11:46:16 am »
Hi there,

my name is sadgasm I am 24 and I live in Germany.

I am a huge fan of retro and Indie-Games and I also like hacks and therefore I am looking for an open-source Handheld for playing emulators. Since dingoonity seems to be THE place to talk about these devices I think I will fit in quite good.
Handhelds:
Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Advance SP Classic NES Edition + EZ Flash IV, Nintendo DSLite + M4i Gold, PSP 1001, Big Ben Gametab One

Consoles:
Nintendo Super Enterteinment System, Nintendo Wii with Homebrew Channel, Sony Playstation 1, Sony Playstation 2, Sony Playstation 3

Kloppix

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »
Hi, I'm a proud new owner of a GCW Zero. I must say I hesitated before buying it, since I have a whole family of GPH handhelds. However, after seeing how smoothly dosbox ran, my doubts were dissipated.  ;D

ets

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:48 pm »
Hello guys, I'm ets and I live in devon. I am 14. I love retro games such as megadrive snes gameboy etc. And I use to play them on the original kit all the time when I was younger. I also enjoy modern games and I stumbled across this forum looking for an android psp clone :)

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2014, 03:50:57 pm »
Totally forgot to post here so here it is:-

Hello, I'm Kouen and im a Gadget-aholic

I've been using for over 20 years now, and I see no end in sight
Please help me kick keep the habit

But in serious, I'm just a gadget loving dude who also does reviews on YouTube :)

andre0407

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2014, 01:57:44 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm Andre, a 25 year old guy from Singapore.

I stumbled onto this forum when I was looking to buy an Android gaming tablet that won't break the bank. Currently, I'm still waiting for my order of the Ipega PG-9701 to arrive.

Also, I am effectively bilingual (in English and Chinese), and so if anyone needs help with understanding an article in Chinese or needs help communicating with Chinese merchants, perhaps I could be of service. :)

Post a new topic