Author Topic: What JXD S7800B firmware should I use?  (Read 397 times)

Daint101 (OP)

What JXD S7800B firmware should I use?
« on: January 10, 2017, 11:46:56 am »
Hi guys, I've had my JXD S7800B for a few years now, but haven't touched it in a very long time. It is currently running the supercharged 2.2.1 (based on JXD's stock 1.1.4 firmware) with android version 4.2.2. I can see that on their website, JXD have a more recent version called 4.4.4.

My question is, should I upgrade to JXD's stock 4.4.4,  stick with the supercharged v2.2.1, or is there a better option than those? Additionally, is there yet a fix for the buggy right joystick?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:58:51 am by Daint101 »

GRiM

Re: What JXD S7800B firmware should I use?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:41:22 pm »
Bump.

I too have not touched tablet in couple of years as I ended up buying a Shield Portable.  I have however sold that recently and thought I would fire up my JXD again.   It's currently on charge.

Has there been any decent new roms released or any big fixes etc?

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 09:48:43 am »
Is it just me or is this jxd FAR too much work / hassle to get any emulator ( let alone ps1 etc) working remotely  well on it? I see other people seemingly have succes stories and running the likes of outrun perfectly and yet all i do i spend the entire time tweeking each game to trying to get it to run and giving up ! I havent touched the device in ages either , despite the rom updates and and all the tweeking it found it pretty useless and frustrating.. am i alone here?

firestonex

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:49:02 am »
Is it just me or is this jxd FAR too much work / hassle to get any emulator ( let alone ps1 etc) working remotely  well on it? I see other people seemingly have succes stories and running the likes of outrun perfectly and yet all i do i spend the entire time tweeking each game to trying to get it to run and giving up ! I havent touched the device in ages either , despite the rom updates and and all the tweeking it found it pretty useless and frustrating.. am i alone here?

I don't know about newer emulators, but I never had problems with Nintendo nes up to DS games on it. Have frame rate problems with newer ones, but the few N64 games I tested seemed ok. But I'm having my own issues right now with the device which I have a thread about.

Post a new topic