Author Topic: What's the best MAME emu on 7800b?  (Read 4061 times)

Bloodsack (OP)

What's the best MAME emu on 7800b?
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:59:24 pm »
Need the best MAME emu. Who's using MAME right now?  Need to full up my new 64gb sc card ;D

kristianity77

Re: What's the best MAME emu on 7800b?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »
Well, depends how far you want to go back.  Mame4droid Ver 37B5 is decent for the older roms (70s and 80s)  and it runs these roms pretty flawlessly.

There is a newer version of Mame4Droid 139u1 which is compatible with newer arcade games (90s basically) but this version is very much more system intensive so not too much runs well.

Basically, if your looking at early arcade games to half decent stuff in the late 80s go with the first version.  2nd version really isnt that great I find.

However, Im yet to try Retroarch for arcade so others will have to chime in on that one.

Neo.Emu is also very good for the Neo Geo and that will fill up plenty of SD space if you allow it!
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:42:19 pm »
Retroarch has .78 and also a .13x core.. only thing is the UI is a bit lacking but I thnk they're making improvements.

There are 2 other android mames .37 and .13x

.37 will run better but does'nt handle as many games.
So It depends on what you want.

I believe a full mame .13x set (with CHD's) is like 100gb but dont' worry most games that require CHD's have no hope of running on the 78

Bloodsack (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
Well, depends how far you want to go back.  Mame4droid Ver 37B5 is decent for the older roms (70s and 80s)  and it runs these roms pretty flawlessly.

There is a newer version of Mame4Droid 139u1 which is compatible with newer arcade games (90s basically) but this version is very much more system intensive so not too much runs well.

Basically, if your looking at early arcade games to half decent stuff in the late 80s go with the first version.  2nd version really isnt that great I find.

However, Im yet to try Retroarch for arcade so others will have to chime in on that one.

Neo.Emu is also very good for the Neo Geo and that will fill up plenty of SD space if you allow it!

Looking for more late 80's and 90's

I have Neo.emu.   Huge Neo Geo fan here ;D

Retroarch has .78 and also a .13x core.. only thing is the UI is a bit lacking but I thnk they're making improvements.

There are 2 other android mames .37 and .13x

.37 will run better but does'nt handle as many games.
So It depends on what you want.

I believe a full mame .13x set (with CHD's) is like 100gb but dont' worry most games that require CHD's have no hope of running on the 78

tbh I still have no idea which one is best?  lol
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:51:41 pm by Bloodsack »

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 05:27:47 pm »
If you can deal with the UI the .78 core in retroarch should be a good preformer while still supporting the vast majority of games that will actually run on the device anyway.

by the time you get to say .106 you're basicly adding a lot of 3d / CHD games that run like shit on desktops to start with.

Not to mention generally higher requirements on all games as you go up in revisions.

If you want the best performance go with .37, but it cut's out a some of the more modern games you want like a lot of the midway games after MK 1.

If I was you try retroarch if the UI is ok for you then the .78 is going to be teh sweet spot here.

Bloodsack (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 06:47:34 pm »
If you can deal with the UI the .78 core in retroarch should be a good preformer while still supporting the vast majority of games that will actually run on the device anyway.

by the time you get to say .106 you're basicly adding a lot of 3d / CHD games that run like shit on desktops to start with.

Not to mention generally higher requirements on all games as you go up in revisions.

If you want the best performance go with .37, but it cut's out a some of the more modern games you want like a lot of the midway games after MK 1.

If I was you try retroarch if the UI is ok for you then the .78 is going to be teh sweet spot here.

I'll give .78 a try.  romsets are easy to get.  Cheers for that joe :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic