• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Trouble installing Skelrom 1.6 on a new JXD S5110.  (Read 8126 times)

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

Trouble installing Skelrom 1.6 on a new JXD S5110.
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:19:54 pm »
I hope someone can assist me, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I followed the instructions carefully, that are posted on the skelrom 1.6 download site here:

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,104.0.html?PHPSESSID=d3164c7f4d95e506ebbfbb70e1e83eff

I formatted a 32gb micro SD card to FAT32, and unpacked the 1.6 zip file to the root of the card, all of the necessary files that Skelton mentions are on the SD card.  I insert the card and hold menu and power on.  I know something is wrong right away because the first line I see in green at the top of the screen, says "cannont find u-boot-aml-ucl.bin on SD card". After that I get a number of yellow lines of text telling me that it can't find necessary files, and I get a prompt to reboot normally.

This file is definitely on the root of the SD card, after the install fails and I boot normally, if I browse to the SD card I can see that all of the files are there, but for some reason during install, it can't find them.  If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you very much. 

Skelton-retired

Re: Trouble installing Skelrom 1.6 on a new JXD S5110.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:38:29 pm »

Most probably tou have last stock firmware 2.5 that brings another bootloader, so probably won't be able to use Skelrom. There is nothing I can do sorry, I don't have s5110 anymore. Maybe you can try this other custom:

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,313.0.html
Retired

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »
Oh noooo.  I basically bought the s5110 after reading good things about skelrom... :(  can I revert to a previous firmware?

**Thanks for the link, that looks good.  And thanks for your hard work making these roms they are very appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:48:23 pm by Atlantis_Risen »

Skelton-retired

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

Not sure, however don't worry, the custom I put you is very similar to Skelrom, so probably flashing that will work ok. Even the stock firmware is not bad at all, since it comes rooted, you can delete the apps you don't need and customize your own way. Maybe someone that has the 2.5 model can assist you better than me, since I don't have a s5110 anymore unfortunately, so cannot test anything by myself.

Before you do any flashing, I suggest to make a nandroid backup with CWM recovery, in case something goes wrong.
http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,310.0.html
Retired

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »
Skelton- In regards to the alternate rom you linked to.  In the comments it seems like there may have been slight issues with the launcher.  Do I have to be concerned about that, or does it work pretty well?  Can you elaborate at all on what that issue is?

Thanks very much!

Skelton-retired

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 04:17:25 pm »
Skelton- In regards to the alternate rom you linked to.  In the comments it seems like there may have been slight issues with the launcher.  Do I have to be concerned about that, or does it work pretty well?  Can you elaborate at all on what that issue is?

Thanks very much!

I don't know, never could to try that firmware. But launcher is not a prooblem, since you have lots of choices at google play store.
For small devices, I like smart launcher.
Retired

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:50:54 pm »

Thanks very much!

I don't know, never could to try that firmware. But launcher is not a prooblem, since you have lots of choices at google play store.
For small devices, I like smart launcher.

So the launcher is separate from the ROM?  Once a rom is installed, I can download and use different launchers?  Forgive me, I'm new to android.

Thanks.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 05:08:54 pm »
of course you can. You can try several and decide what you prefer.

Here are some of my recommendations:

Nova launcher
Apex Launcher
Smart Launcher
Nemus Launcher

All of them are free at google store, so feel fry to try them.
Retired

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »
Thanks for the help, Skelton.  I'll try this all out when I get home later.

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 01:39:06 am »

Not sure, however don't worry, the custom I put you is very similar to Skelrom, so probably flashing that will work ok. Even the stock firmware is not bad at all, since it comes rooted, you can delete the apps you don't need and customize your own way. Maybe someone that has the 2.5 model can assist you better than me, since I don't have a s5110 anymore unfortunately, so cannot test anything by myself.

Before you do any flashing, I suggest to make a nandroid backup with CWM recovery, in case something goes wrong.
http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,310.0.html

sorry to rehash my old thread, but I just re flashed my s5110 with the v2.5 firmware, and I can't seem to delete what I want.  Most apps I can only disable.  Is it possible 2.5 is not pre-rooted?  Or am I doing something wrong...?

Skelton-retired

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 06:46:51 am »
In theory is rooted. check if you have superuser app. Try to install titanium backup and uninstall the apps you don't need.
Retired

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:59 am »

Most probably tou have last stock firmware 2.5 that brings another bootloader, so probably won't be able to use Skelrom. There is nothing I can do sorry, I don't have s5110 anymore. Maybe you can try this other custom:

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php/topic,313.0.html
This link seems to be dead, Skelton.  Do you have any idea where I can currently get this rom?

Thanks!

kaio

• All about GCW-Zero on Russian + Repo
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 07:09:45 am »
Atlantis_Risen, Hi! Tell me please, this case about 5110 or 5110b model?
GCW-Zero | JXD S602

Atlantis_Risen (OP)

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 01:10:09 pm »
This is in reference to the S5110.