Author Topic: Partial success! S7800 - How to install incompatible apps  (Read 6356 times)

stpat (OP)

Partial success! S7800 - How to install incompatible apps
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:11:43 pm »
There's a discussion somewhere (probably in the 100+ page main thread) about using Market Helper to install incompatible apps. At the time I reported that it wasn't working for me.

I since came across a video on youtube about it, and the poster had a comment that seemed to make all the difference "you must have location services enabled for it to work". I enabled location services, and sure enough it is working now.

NOTE: In his video, rather than downloading apps via the play store on the S7800, he "pushed" them to his S7800 from the play store on a PC. This is what I have just done as well, and it allowed me to install Mass Effect and Dead Space. I haven't tried doing it directly through the play store on the device, not sure if that works or not.

EDIT: Still doesn't work perfectly though... tried to install Wildbood and Backstab this way, and received an error while trying to download.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:20:02 pm by stpat »

failrunner

Re: Partial success! S7800 - How to install incompatible apps
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:57:51 pm »
There's a discussion somewhere (probably in the 100+ page main thread) about using Market Helper to install incompatible apps. At the time I reported that it wasn't working for me.

I since came across a video on youtube about it, and the poster had a comment that seemed to make all the difference "you must have location services enabled for it to work". I enabled location services, and sure enough it is working now.

NOTE: In his video, rather than downloading apps via the play store on the S7800, he "pushed" them to his S7800 from the play store on a PC. This is what I have just done as well, and it allowed me to install Mass Effect and Dead Space. I haven't tried doing it directly through the play store on the device, not sure if that works or not.

EDIT: Still doesn't work perfectly though... tried to install Wildbood and Backstab this way, and received an error while trying to download.

Thanks for watching my video. =) I also had a few issues downloading some stuff but I tried later and it worked.

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190313162505/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62h9j6vKTY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62h9j6vKTY</a>
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:59:47 pm by failrunner »
This is my deep signature. Thank you.

stpat (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »

Thanks for watching my video. =) I also had a few issues downloading some stuff but I tried later and it worked.

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190313162505/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62h9j6vKTY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62h9j6vKTY</a>

I didn't know it was yours, thanks very much, it was the location settings part that was giving me grief!

Bufufighter

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 12:00:09 am »
Hi,

this method somehow doesn't seem to work for me. I tried with old and new firmware . I re-rooted to make sure that root is fine.

I can use market helper to set the device to nexus 7  or whatever model .  In the browser i can choose the device and select it to install the app to . But when it tries to install on the tablet it gives me an error and when clicking on it i am redirected to the play store where it says that my device is not compatible.  (Maybe Google now checks the device itself before installing instead of relying on what the device says it is ^^)

This is really frustrating. I could play all my games on the S7300 and i was looking forward to have them on the s7800 since mine is really working great and is a major improvement over the last one.  JXD made a great Job this time. Even with the stability of the OS and the mapping tool. Only the compatibility thing really sucks.

Is there another method to make it compatible (i think i read something like the device type is specified in the build.prop . Can that be edited ? )

nutername

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »
Did not work with Ikaruga  >:(
Now i payed 7 ? for nothing.
Some other user described the possibility, to "copy" the app from another device?
That would be great, because i can install Ikaruga on my 2 year old, 1 ghz single core smartphone^^

Any ideas about this technique?

LuchadorEMC

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 03:05:43 am »
I had already bought Nova 3 before and I want to install it in my JXD s7800b.... its not working!! I played with Market Helper so many times selecting all type of phones and tablets and nothing shows compatible. And when it does attempt to download I get a "error 942".

Is there any way to install these unsupported apps in the Play Store?! 

shelikescloth

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 04:26:37 am »
Doesn't supercharged fix this problem?

stpat (OP)

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 05:00:46 am »
Doesn't supercharged fix this problem?

Yes.

stpat (OP)

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 05:01:31 am »
I had already bought Nova 3 before and I want to install it in my JXD s7800b.... its not working!! I played with Market Helper so many times selecting all type of phones and tablets and nothing shows compatible. And when it does attempt to download I get a "error 942".

Apparently you need to have location services enabled for market helper to work. Better yet though, install TAN's supercharged firmware.

Timber

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:24 am »
Have you guys tried installing the game .apk file using apk installer app?

LuchadorEMC

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 01:20:39 pm »

Apparently you need to have location services enabled for market helper to work. Better yet though, install TAN's supercharged firmware.

Seems a bit complicated but will definitely give it a try in the future once I feel more comfortable with this thing. Thanks for letting me know.

Post a new topic