Author Topic: Should I get a JXD S7300?  (Read 4048 times)

darklight1138 (OP)

Should I get a JXD S7300?
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »
I've had a Wiz that died. Replaced it with a Caanoo which is still going! Then I bought a Yinlips 17, and the power button broke. That unit it gone (along with most of my possessions  :'( ). So now I want to get a new device. I really like the look of the S7300. I like the d-pad but not the sliders. I like that the resolution is almost HD. I also like the large size since I do not plan on porting it around. I just want a fast gaming machine that I can also watch movies on. I saw the Willgoo special with the 32GB card for $150 and I think I am aiming for that.

I read about the lockups though, but I heard the custom rom fixes that?

I am on a budget and can't see paying much more than $150, including memory because I will have a lot of games to put on it.

I haven't been to these boards in awhile so I am really behind on what's new, so pardon my noobness.

Any suggestions, recommendations? I am sure there are threads so if someone wants to point them out that's fine.

Thanks!
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

­

Re: Should I get a JXD S7300?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:05:01 pm »
You can get the newer, better and faster S7800B for $140 here:
http://www.dinodirect.com/s7800-quad-core-7inch-ips-rk3188-2g-8-game-android-4-2-hdmi-3d-p36270352.html

You can probably get an OK microSD card for $10, I got an excellent 32GB card for $20 in a local store.

BTW, if you aren't going for portability, why not save for a while and go for the nVidia Shield? It's full HD, it's got a comfortable hold, it's very powerful and can stream very nicely. BUT it costs $100 more than the S7800B, it's not very suitable for travel, and it has only a 5" screen. So do your math.

darklight1138 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:14:52 pm »
Yeah, I've been looking more and more at that S7800 and liking it more and more lol. It seems perfect.

I like the Shield as well but I won't be able to save that much, or wait to save that much. I am kinda wanting something within the next few weeks. Plus I no longer have a desktop PC so streaming isn't an option.
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
Sony PSP-3000

lemmywinks

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 03:31:37 pm »
Don't pay a premium for an SD card from Willgoo or any other Chinese reseller, they will be cheap fake cards. Just buy a decent one from a more local source.

I think the S7300 is still a good console, I use mine every day for gaming, browsing and watching media. It's cheap and readily available, has excellent custom roms and runs just about everything. I quite like the sliders as even though they are not as good as proper sticks they keep the form factor nice and slim so it fits in slip cases, also it makes it easier to use as a tablet which is one of the benefits of a 7" device anyway. They are a million times better than the old PSP style nubs, you can get good levels of accuracy with games like Quake and Mario 64 etc. The S7300 also holds it's value really well - they are ?80 new and have been selling on eBay for around ?60 which is really good.

If you are thinking about getting a S7800 then you might want to wait a while to get a better idea of what it can and can't do and also assess the custom firmware situation. Remember JXD aren't releasing sources for this one as of yet.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »
Good thing is that in case of S7800b you actually won't need the custom firmware so desperately, unlike S5110b/S7300b. JXD 1.1.4 is pretty much usable and stable. And if you want a custom firmware in principle, you should pay attention to the tansoftware's work.
Of course, there is also small chance that you will receive a defective unit which repel you from JXD and chinese gaming handhelds. I feel myself bad and embarassing for poor Joe Sixpack and RGB gamer each time I praise S7800b...

darklight1138 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 04:26:59 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I saw that the 7800 was about $50 on DX but it's out of stock. I really really want that one as it seems absolutely perfect. Love the joysticks.

I tried to live chat with DX to see if the 7800 will ever be in stock again but they were unavailable. Anyone know if they will be restocking it? I know it would be a long wait but I think it would be worth it.
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
Sony PSP-3000

­

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »
I don't think the DX pricing is a reliable one. Internet rule #1 - if it's too good to be true, it probably is (also known as the dating sites rule).
If I were you, I'd just suck up the "overpricing" and order one from dinodirect, foxoffer or willgoo (in that order, by price). Remember that at launch, the price of it was $170 - and most stores offer a similar price. Only DX is a third of it, and no one has received their device, though something is in the mail.
Also, remember that customer service is essential - some devices have flaws, as with all products. You'd want to have someone to talk to, and from my experience, willgoo is the best. They've even sent me a replacement charger (and I believe even a pouch, currently stuck in customs).

shelikescloth

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:53 am »
Good thing is that in case of S7800b you actually won't need the custom firmware so desperately, unlike S5110b/S7300b. JXD 1.1.4 is pretty much usable and stable. And if you want a custom firmware in principle, you should pay attention to the tansoftware's work.
Of course, there is also small chance that you will receive a defective unit which repel you from JXD and chinese gaming handhelds. I feel myself bad and embarassing for poor Joe Sixpack and RGB gamer each time I praise S7800b...
Yep. Feel bad for Joe Sixpack, his unit seems to be as defective as they come. Anyway, ordered mine on Friday, should be here by winter break. (got from dinodirect btw). Really excited! Gonna load up 1.1.4 supercharged by Tan right away if it's not a defective unit.

XiTaU

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 04:27:21 am »
Im getting a s7800b from dx which says its on the way but im pretty sure the ~$50 thing wont come back even when they get stock because its gotta be under cost price maybe they just wanted to clear out units im unsure. Also there seems to be hundreds/thousands of units still to be shipped if they honor all the deal website orders.

I still use my s7300b i like the form factor 7inch is just big enough to play android games and its just small enough to make it somewhat portable. The controls aren't as good as they look but ok for a portable device if u just want a tablet for home use id probably recommend getting a normal tablet with bluetooth and u can hook up external controllers or a ps3 controller but the s7800b controls look much better.

DinoDirect

• * Confirmed Reseller
    • GPD Win
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 05:42:24 am »
JXD S7800b is much better than JXD S7300.

Mr.Tea

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 06:28:37 am »
Yup that seems to be a trend with chinese hardware specifically underpriced models, my original 7300 came with sticks that twist (like those spintop toys)
which made 3d platformers near unplayable for precision  :-X

Post a new topic