Author Topic: Should I buy a S7800B??  (Read 7548 times)

outsiderjohnson (OP)

Should I buy a S7800B??
« on: November 18, 2013, 03:53:49 pm »
Hi guys,

I've had a YDPG18A for about 2 years, and I'm looking to upgrade to a new device.. Should I upgrade to a S7800B or is there anything better coming along? Thanks!

failrunner

Re: Should I buy a S7800B??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:05:20 am »
Hi guys,

I've had a YDPG18A for about 2 years, and I'm looking to upgrade to a new device.. Should I upgrade to a S7800B or is there anything better coming along? Thanks!
The archos gamepad 2 looks awesome.
This is my deep signature. Thank you.

acid

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:37:16 am »
Hi guys,

Personally, I'm really happy with my s7800b and yeah I'd recommend it. It cost 128 euros at willgoo and for the price it was an unbeatable deal in my opinion. The archos gamepad 2 is basically the same hardware, but more expensive.

Mr.Tea

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:57 pm »
One of the reasons i'm upgrading from the 7300 and avoiding the archos gamepad 2 is the sticks, flat sticks have always been an issue in N64/PS1 emulation for me.

While the 3DS has a similar stick most games utilize it in a simpler way (unlike monster hunter). maybe i'm being picky but I do feel sticks that protrude tend to be easier to use and give more accuracy. on the flipside, the sticks that the gamepad 2 uses are rubber coated like the 3DS one and not plastic like the 7800.

Bottom line-I prefer the 7800 for it's sticks and where they are placed.

stpat

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 03:09:06 pm »
I'm loving my S7800B, I highly recommend it.

Chex

• Chex Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:21:42 pm »
The S7300 is still not that bad if you're on a budget and just want a standard 7-inch tablet. It's not a powerhouse game system, but chances are if you're buying these kinds of devices in the first place, that probably doesn't matter much to you anyway.

The only real competitors for the S7800 are the Archos Gamepad 2 and the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is an official Google product and has a huge userbase so that's a plus, but on the downside it lacks physical controls so you'll have to buy a controller for games. The Archos is more expensive and actually a little less powerful, but it has bluetooth. Yinlips also has a thing, but it was released months ago and probably not as powerful.
YOU GONNA GET CHEX'D
DS Phat | GenMobile | FC-16 Go | JXD S5110 | JXD S7300 | Retromini

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »
I've had some issues out of my 7800, the biggest is a dead zone on my touch screen.
but I think that's just my unit.

so far there have been a few glitches, but nothing to serious, as a whole I like my 78
It does lack some things that leaves you scratching your head, no blue tooth and no vibrator, which was a shocker to me in a unit like this it's like buying a car with no windshield wipers.. *shakes head*

the Archos Gamepad 2 looks really nice but a lot of people said the original had terrible battery life and no one developed custom roms for it and that the unit was generally a mess.

The Iben also looks like a great unit but it only has 1 set of shoulder buttons which was'nt enough in my estimation.
since PS1 emulation is high up on the list for me.

I don't know what the 7800 does that your yinlips does'nt but I like mine pretty well so far despite it's flaws.

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 07:57:06 pm »
The only real competitors for the S7800 are the Archos Gamepad 2 and the Nexus 7.
I would like to suggest some other options: Archos GP2, yes, but with Nvidia Shield and MUCH i5. Also IBEN L1 is nice gaming tablet, but it's inferior by screen resolution, RAM and sticks' construction to the gang above. You may as well decide to wait couple of months more to see new GPD 5" and 7" tablets and new 5" handheld from JXD.

outsiderjohnson (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 01:45:01 pm »
Thanks guys...

2 more questions on the S7800B

Are the thumb sticks better? I can't even use the one on my YDPG18a, my thumb just slips off and can't get a grip on it..

Also, are the buttons "Clacky" ? I can't even play my YDPG18a at night or else the loud ass buttons wake my wife up when I'm mashing..lol.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »
Dunno if they're better then yinlips joysticks but they seem ok, I've only used them a few times I played mario 64 seemed ok.

Buttons are fine, use a silicon membrane, the buttons them selves are hard plastic though, can't say they're completely quiet but I wouldn't call them claky.

D-pad takes some getting use to.. it's not a bad dpad, but it's really easy to hit diagonals.. to easy in fact.

just by pressing left/right if you hit it at an angle it can tilt the dpad enough to trigger up/down also.
Im starting to get use to it but I find my self having to focus on ONLY hitting the dpad dead on if I want to go left or right.. otherwise I start doing things like jumping on fighter games.

on the other hand it's very easy to hit sweeping moves on fighting games like street fighter.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:11:30 pm by Joe Sixpack »