Author Topic: S7800B - How do I disable the joystick?  (Read 1216 times)

Stormwatch (OP)

S7800B - How do I disable the joystick?
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:09:46 pm »
So, my left joystick is broken. It's like it is constantly pointing upwards.  :'(

Reading around here, I found these instructions to disable the 7800's mapper button, which made me wonder: can I disable the joystick in a similar manner, to make the system completely blind to its existence?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:12:09 pm by Stormwatch »

­

Re: S7800B - How do I disable the joystick?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:36:23 am »
It should be possible in theory, in the exact same way it is possible to disable the other buttons - but I don't know its designation. You might want to experiment or wait for someone who's more knowledgeable than me to come.

In the meantime, you can disable the the stick's touch input - either via Tincore (mapping it to blank) or via the JXD mapper (via a tick box). For the emulators and system menus that natively support hardware buttons it will not be enough and may require setting keys manually, but it will solve some of the issues you're having.

Checking my own device, if you're continuously pressing up on the joystick it's registered as only a single key stroke in most menus - so it might not be a bad solution after all.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic