Author Topic: [S5300] Clean_SCRIPT (for ICS and JB firmwares)  (Read 45473 times)

skelton (OP)

[S5300] Clean_SCRIPT (for ICS and JB firmwares)
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:03:37 pm »
Hi, the purpose of the script is just make easy the uninstall of bloatware of the machine after a fresh firmware install, and add some minor optimizations. This (unfortunately) won't make device to run emus faster, just optimize a little bit interface and save time cleaning bloatware and other stuff.

Main features:

- Remove most chinese apps and bloatware
- Add init.d support, so you can add your own scripts to /system/etc/init.d/ (zipalign script is included)
- Improves the number of apps visible by google play store (so more apps available)
- Change system partitions, so that intermal memory will be /mnt/ext_sd and micro sd will be /mnt/sdcard, that is the opposite to how it is by default. The reason is because most android games with huge data look for /sdcard/ to storage data, so we are not limited to use the limitation of the small internal memory, and no need to use apps like Directory bind or Gl2SD for instance.
- Adds some minor optimizations for Wifi, screen reposnsivenes, ram use, etc...

Script is thought to be used after a fresh installation of a firm.

To obtain firm:
Stock JB firmware: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69559458/s5300_JB_13012013.rar
Stock ICS firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aand96i7iw17yfw

Use:
Extract the rar and connect your JXD to computer in usb debugging mode. (settings/developer options). I have included drivers, some generic that may or not work depending on your windows version. If driveras are not installed properly I suggest install on your PC moborobo or PDANet (both included), since this soft will install proper drivers.

After installing drivers, then just select the folder according to your firmware (JB or ICS), and run the bat file.
If you are using JB, check your screen since SuperSu will ask you for Root permissions, so press grant to give permissions to SuperSu.

After finishes, just reboot your JXD so that changes take effect.

As you see, is a simple bat file, so you can edit as tou want and delete or add the stuff you prefer.

I have decided to keep the default gameemulator.apk because they allow to play using Wifi Link for multiplayer.

If you don't want that your partitions changed and you prefer the original ones, that is, /mnt/sdcard for internal and /mnt/ext_sd/ just delete file vold.fstab from script, and this change will no take place. I am saying this because thus change may affect the use of Gallery app, though I suggest using a simple app like QuickPic.

That's all we get at the moment for this device. We hope that JXD fixes the speed issues with emulators, but there is no much i can do at the moment for this device.

Download of script:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69559458/cleanscript.rar

thanks to willgoo for their continuous support to this and the other machines.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:44:12 am by xdpirate »
Retired

Dexidus

s5300 Skelton's Clean_SCRIPT (for ICS and JB firmwares)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:24:59 pm »
Awesome man! Thanks so much for your hard work! I'll give this a go shortly!

skelton (OP)

Re: s5300 Skelton's Clean_SCRIPT (for ICS and JB firmwares)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:46:13 pm »
It seems mediafire threw the file away, uploading it again xD.
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:53:45 pm »
If you're a dropbox user you can just rightclick and share the link :)

skelton (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »

It seems ok now.

Dropbox link still uploading, but this time it seems mediafire likes the file too. xD
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »

It seems ok now.

Dropbox link still uploading, but this time it seems mediafire likes the file too. xD

Awesome :)

Dexidus

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »
Ok, formatted and ran the script, installing all my crap now, will let you know! Thanks again man!

mildmannered

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »
thanks Skelton, nice work you're doing....  i'll try this when my S5300 arrives...

Dexidus

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 10:07:12 pm »
Went with ICS, it's muuuuuch better now! Thanks again skelton!

skelton (OP)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

They are quite similar, but ICS seems a bit more compatible than JB, at least a couple of games that didn't work in JB work ok in ICS.
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 11:11:33 pm »
Yup, i agree! Also, with ics i am able to play jet set radio :)

Dexidus

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 11:01:46 pm »
I installed a new app called Seeder (play store) which apparently speeds up a bunch of stuff, I'll let you all know if it works or not

skelton (OP)

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:55 pm »
I installed a new app called Seeder (play store) which apparently speeds up a bunch of stuff, I'll let you all know if it works or not

Seems interesting, i will give it a try and and if it works probably can be used through init.d script
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 12:35:18 am »
I didnt notice too much of a difference overall, however it seems to improve n64oid and epsxe performance i think.

Dexidus

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 11:55:36 am »
So i've noticed that with ICS on the s5300, the wifi is horrrrrrible. Literally right beside my router and the connection drops constantly. I have to turn it off then turn it back on to get a connection back. Is there some kind of fix for that? Had a bit of wifi connectivity issues on JB, but not like this! Not a huuuge deal, as i keep wifi off most of the time but when i want to download something it's a big pain in the butt haha

skelton (OP)

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »
So i've noticed that with ICS on the s5300, the wifi is horrrrrrible. Literally right beside my router and the connection drops constantly. I have to turn it off then turn it back on to get a connection back. Is there some kind of fix for that? Had a bit of wifi connectivity issues on JB, but not like this! Not a huuuge deal, as i keep wifi off most of the time but when i want to download something it's a big pain in the butt haha

Umm, that's weird, my wifi works ok in both JB and ICS, though in JB I suffered once the issues yoo talk about, but after a reboot were gone. I use WPA encryption, no sure if it's important or not.
Retired

Dexidus

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »
I know, right? Nothing else drops connection in the house, just the s5300 haha. I use wpa as well, wonder what's up. Again, not a huge deal so meh :)

superduplex

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 04:51:16 am »
I had a same problem with wifi freezing on stock JB firmware. After installing ICS and applying skelton's clean script wifi working fine now.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:44:26 am by superduplex »

keitzer1

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 07:21:00 pm »
Hi all,

So i got this problem.I bought an jxd s5300 and the emulators are really slow and the ones i can download from the play store are even more slow than the emulators that are installed.
Can someone tell me what to do??

Sorry for my english

Greetz Keitzer

Dexidus

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 07:36:54 pm »
Have you flashes the stock firmware and run the cleaning script? It really does work some wonders for this device.

Post a new topic